• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Surf Club

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just scored 2 - 2BR units at Marriott's Surf Club in Aruba next September from II. Both units show HZZAA as the room type which I believe is Ocean View. Does Aruba Surf Club normally assign the room view that is on your confirmation or do they use a priority order in assigning rooms?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is unrelated in a way, but just trying to follow Marriott's bulk banking pattern. Looks like they bulk banked about 2 months after people were first able to reserve. The H in the unit code indicates that this was a Marriott deposit.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
From what I've seen they assign the view that is on your reservation.
Have a great trip!!

Dioxide- interesting- I thought their bulk deposits were occurring much later post DC, although September is a slower period in Aruba. The weather is still great, btw, but the kids are back in school and summer vacations are over.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I thought ZZAA was Garden View. It's been a while though.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought ZZAA was Garden View. It's been a while though.

Marriott.com is showing them as Ocean View. Also the "Owner" on the first email from II says "Developer" so I think these units were deposited by Marriott.

Glad to hear they assign the rooms as indicated, however, it does not really matter as very little time spent in the room during the day anyway.

Now just have to get airfare. Right now nothing really good from California. Most likely will have to wait until summmer when the airlines have a fall sale.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Just scored 2 - 2BR units at Marriott's Surf Club in Aruba next September from II. Both units show HZZAA as the room type which I believe is Ocean View. Does Aruba Surf Club normally assign the room view that is on your confirmation or do they use a priority order in assigning rooms?

They assign the view on the ressie. Have a wonderful trip.

Ingrid

gerrburg

Reaction score
Aruba Main Pool Renovation

OP should call resort. I found out recently from a friend who visited that the Surf Club has plans to renovate the main pool during the month of September and part of October. They told him it was a major maintenance effort which includes replastering the entire interior surface.

Without the main pool, this resort looses a lot of its charm.

GB

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP should call resort. I found out recently from a friend who visited that the Surf Club has plans to renovate the main pool during the month of September and part of October. They told him it was a major maintenance effort which includes replastering the entire interior surface.

Without the main pool, this resort looses a lot of its charm.

GB

Thanks for that information. I just read on my-vacationclub.com and you are correct. I think this should have been disclosed on the exchange! In reading, it says that the Lazy River and the pool associated with the river as well as the Adult Only Pool are not affected by the construction. The Seaworthy pool will be closed. The bar and grill will remain open. We were ther about 5 years ago when it was new, and only half complete, and getting a chair by the pool was a challenge as people blocked them with towels and left. I can only imagine that with a full resort and the main pool closed, this problem is going to be magnified. Have I made a horrible mistake??? To late to cancel now as it is more than 24 hours since my exchanges. Guess the old saying if it looks to good to be true, it most likely is!!!! Guess I know now why I got instant exchanges 10 months in advance.

22go

Reaction score
Last week we made reservations to be at the Surf Club in mid Oct next year. I had the Marriott rep check to see if the pool renovation would be completed. She said the pool renovation was postponed and would not take place until 2013. Postponing the renovation meant they could not get things finished before high season mid December so they moved renovation to 2013. She assured me this was true. I will call again to verify.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week we made reservations to be at the Surf Club in mid Oct next year. I had the Marriott rep check to see if the pool renovation would be completed. She said the pool renovation was postponed and would not take place until 2013. Postponing the renovation meant they could not get things finished before high season mid December so they moved renovation to 2013. She assured me this was true. I will call again to verify.

Thanks for that information. That makes me feel better.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Sounds like it is a moot point, but even if it wasn't I think that the new pool capacity would balance the Seaworthy pool area being replastered. The Lazy River encompasses a much larger area and at that time of year I think you'd be fine either way, although you might miss the swim up bar.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at II tonight I see that Aruba Ocean Club is now available for our same dates. Not sure if they have 2 units available as they are closed now. I was woundering if it might be worth it to re-exchange to the Ocean Club. Problem is we really like the Lazy River feature at Surf Club. Another thought is to get ONE 2BR at both so we can use the pools/facilities at both properties. We could just list all 8 people at both properties!!

Anyone know if the old marina/boat docks that were in front of the Surf Club are still there. When we were there 5 years ago, we were told in a presentation that the marina/boat docks were going to be moved so the beach at Surf Club would be better.

TF865

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The marina has been moved as of a few years now. Just was in Aruba this past labor day weekend/week and it was fantastic at the Surf Club. We are scheduled to be there the beginning of Sept. again and would go regardless of the pool situation. We stayed a couple of days at both resorts with family and while it can work using both resorts, I thought it was just more of a hassle but again, I was with older family members. There were times when they were playing great music at the poolside bar at the Ocean Club and wished I was there so, hey, it might work for you. If you already have the two rooms at the Surf Club my thought is just to go with it - you won't be disappointed!