• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Ocean Club remodel a mess?

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
glaval :wave:....Thanks you for the correct information.:thumbup:

I would love to know that this is the "correct" information.

I have 2 different emails from different departments at the OC written within 10 days of each other with different dates for the conclusion next year.

As of Dec 16th I also have Owner's Services confirming Nov 15th not Nov 30th.

Im hoping I get a quick response to the email I sent today, otherwise I'm calling tomorrow. If I have to change dates again(for the second time due to misinformation) I want to do so while openings are still available.....grrrrrrrr

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are now entering their busiest time of the year with occupancy at or near 100% so I understand why they have ceased work until August 7th, 2020.

What does that have to do with it...no one is questioning that they had to cease work....but they have been sending out different emails with different dates for the work to be done. It is very relevant to those who are booking for next year in November esp given how bad the situation was during the reno's this year. Quite frankly in a resort that needs to be booked 13/12 months to the date most of the time it makes bookings very very difficult. More so when you rely on what they tell you and they simply.just.change.it.within.days. The US thanksgiving crowd I suspect is going to be pretty annoyed too, given that all were told this year that everything "will definitely be completely finished" before US Thanksgiving week next year.
There are a number of owners that booked for next year because of that assurance who were going to delay otherwise.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested...I put in a call today and ended up speaking with Lillian (who is imho the best "go to" person at the resort). There does appear to be some confusion about when exactly the projected completion date is for next year and they are looking into it. I expect to hear back by tomorrow, and I'll pass on what I'm told. She is normally very good at following up and calling back.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard back from Mr Vargas (the GM) yesterday and the crux of the email is the following :

"Thank you for your mail and comments; Kindly allow me to apologize for any confusion; the renovation will be finished by November 14, 2020" (bolding mine)

Hope this assists others with their planning :)

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luckybee….I just secured a Thanksgiving week. As with any type of construction, I will expect that there could be delays and will keep an eye on things. For the most part though, I would assume that things should be mostly done by then.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thoughts too ! Even if they were running a bit late I wouldn't expect it would be the really noisy stuff like jackhammering which can truly be vacation spoiling.