• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Marriott Surf Club lock off

luvmypt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the lock off portion of a 2 bedroom? Also, how big is the lock off and does it have a kitchenette? Thanks.

Last edited:

mlfrancis

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
lockoff info

Here's a link to the guest room layout (couldn't find a photo).

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/a/auaac/auaac_pdf/ASC FP GR.pdf

The lockoff is basically a hotel room, with a queen bed and sofabed. There is a "kitchenette" that is outfitted for 4 (plates, glasses, etc.), with a sink, small fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker.

Just FYI, the rooms at the Marriott Resort hotel (recently refurbished) are larger than the lockoff rooms at the Surf Club.

luvmypt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to the guest room layout (couldn't find a photo).

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/a/auaac/auaac_pdf/ASC FP GR.pdf

The lockoff is basically a hotel room, with a queen bed and sofabed. There is a "kitchenette" that is outfitted for 4 (plates, glasses, etc.), with a sink, small fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker.

Just FYI, the rooms at the Marriott Resort hotel (recently refurbished) are larger than the lockoff rooms at the Surf Club.

Just what I needed. Thanks.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Just fyi, all of the lock-offs have a balcony as well.

The lock-offs for the 3BR are close to double the size, but there are only about twenty of them.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don- I see you own at the Ocean Club- the lock-offs at the SC are a little larger than those at the OC

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Love it! Have a lock off at the Surf Club in August on an Accommodation Certificate. This looks a lot better than my lock-off in the Hyatt at Key West.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suzanne- have a great trip! There are also grills on site if you want to do cooking.

Don't forget tubes/floats for the Lazy River.

Was that from an AC for joining the DC? I know many have posted that the grid on those was too restrictive to have any value, but if the Caribbean is on them they may not be worthless.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I think I'm supposed to get an AC for every year left on the old II account. I wasn't expecting it and I was especially surprised to see Aruba on the grid.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I'm supposed to get an AC for every year left on the old II account. I wasn't expecting it and I was especially surprised to see Aruba on the grid.

I think it's one for every other year- 1 for up to 35 months left, 2 for up to 59 months, etc.
Nice that Aruba is on the grid.

So many people have posted that those AC's were worthless. Maybe someone can post a grid???