• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Covid Test

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Beginning January 26,2021 travelers must have a negative Covid test taken in Aruba before returning to the U.S.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not just in Aruba. To board any international flight bound for the US, you must have a negative COVID test within 3 days prior to take-off, including US citizens.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
I saw this as well. We have a family trip planned for April to Surf Club with our daughter and grandchildren and no way are we cancelling.) I did see they had Covid testing at the airport for incoming flights but now we have to have them in Aruba to come back? How are we supposed to do that? Both my husband and I already had it as well as my daughter's family thinks they had it last March but never tested, just stayed home for two weeks because we were not really sick (my husband lost sense of taste and smell so knew we had it-I had less sever symptoms). Where can we find more information on this so we know what we have to do. Getting ridicuclous.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this as well. We have a family trip planned for April to Surf Club with our daughter and grandchildren and no way are we cancelling.) I did see they had Covid testing at the airport for incoming flights but now we have to have them in Aruba to come back? How are we supposed to do that? Both my husband and I already had it as well as my daughter's family thinks they had it last March but never tested, just stayed home for two weeks because we were not really sick (my husband lost sense of taste and smell so knew we had it-I had less sever symptoms). Where can we find more information on this so we know what we have to do. Getting ridicuclous.

I had a trip planned to Aruba in April as well, but I re-traded. I just can't take the risk of getting stuck for 2 weeks in a foreign country. Here is the CDC info on this new requirement.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I had a trip planned to Aruba in April as well, but I re-traded. I just can't take the risk of getting stuck for 2 weeks in a foreign country. Here is the CDC info on this new requirement.

I agree with your risk assessment. We were close to booking a week in Aruba for late February or early March, since there was last minute availability, but when this new inbound to the US requirement came out, we opted for Ocean Pointe in Florida instead.

I don't mind the testing requirement inbound to Aruba since the worst that can happen is you test positive and have to stay home. The reverse situation is more serious - if you test positive (or false positive) in Aruba, you have to quarantine there, not at home. And if you are one of the unlucky ones that gets really sick, you are potentially in a hospital in a foreign country. While the odds of that dire scenario playing out are probably statistically low, the consequences are severe. Aruba will always be there, so we opted to stay in the USA.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
land border crossings are exempt.....strange,no?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
land border crossings are exempt.....strange,no?

Doesn’t sound like they will be exempt for long after listening to our new esteemed president today. Additional restrictions are coming soon. I am re-booking for Florida as well...

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Thanks everyone and for the OP for starting this thread. I have never traded before so not sure how to do so. We considered California but they are pretty much closed up as well. I was hoping things would actually get better by April, not worse. What do they do with those who have gotten their two shots of vaccine? Will they be exempt? Again, pretty sure we have all had it so not worried about getting Covid, just want to make sure we can get a test to get out. I have a vacation home in Florida so Florida would not be as exciting to us.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Doesn’t sound like they will be exempt for long after listening to our new esteemed president today. Additional restrictions are coming soon. I am re-booking for Florida as well...
We shall see...we shall see

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
My son and girl friend will be coming back from the Aruba Surf Club tomorrow...they are having a fabulous time and feel very very safe...My wife and I just returned today from a 2 week stay at Marriot BeachPlace Towers in Fort Lauderdale...Florida is open for business..the resort was great..we had a Intracoastal 2 BR 2 BA corner unit on the 17th floor..unit was spotless and had a great view of the Fort Lauderdale skyline...resort and most vacationers are following all protocols..hand sanitizer every where...we felt very safe at the resort as well as some great restaurants we walked too...weather was great,and Beach was beautiful

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
So just to let you know that when you that Aruba mandates covid insurance for everyone visiting - part of that coverage is quarantine coverage (125/day) and medical testing at $75/pp. Here is the web site https://www.visitaruba.com/travelin...visitors-insurance-covid-19-travel-insurance/
So not that it is fun to be stuck in a condo in Aruba but it is paid for -
Your return covid test may be paid for - on the aruba covid health web site is testing for $75 so...
We are planing our second trip to Aruba in Feb 'cause - Aruba has a great pre arival testing - people are doing the right thing, the marriott surf club is great and we get to dive every day we want.