• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba beach chair rentals

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Does anyone know the name of the private beach chair/umbrella rental place that is located between surf club and ocean club beach? Website for prices too maybe??
Thanks

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
3acf77fc4358e63807ba7ec60f97e5ab.jpg

Elk, email Vanessa and she will make sure you are set up. We were there last week and had our umbrella, front row on the beach each day with 4 chaise lounges and 1 upright chair. $40/ day. Well worth it to enjoy vacation without waiting in lines for Palapas or getting up at the crack of dawn to get pool chairs or whatever palapas are left!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points

Elk, email Vanessa and she will make sure you are set up. We were there last week and had our umbrella, front row on the beach each day with 4 chaise lounges and 1 upright chair. $40/ day. Well worth it to enjoy vacation without waiting in lines for Palapas or getting up at the crack of dawn to get pool chairs or whatever palapas are left!

It's nice to know there is another option. My biggest gripe with vacationing is having to get up at the crack of dawn to go to the pool, beach, etc.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club

Thank you. That’s what I was looking for. That is the spot between ocean and surf club right? There will be 6 of us this time so figured it might be better to just pay this time rather than trying to get 6 chairs together at the crack of dawn!

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to Surf Club twice now - during the low occupancy pandemic time and the chair palapa issue was interesting. I had read how hard it was to get either and that folks would line up at like 0400 for a beach from palapa. It was not busy at all the first time so easy peasy, the place was 80% occupied the second time an the issue was visibly different and harder. I do like the chair tags but can now imagine the lines, and rushes to get to a good spot.I am not a fan either of finding a chair at the pool or beach being more like work (up and going at a set time to accomplish a task)
Timberlodge was using a line up for hot tub reservations so - which I was not that fond of - and Mountainside was using a 24 hr in advance phone in system. With technology what it is today it would seem that there would be a better way to assign limited resources better. Computer sign up fast finger wins? Auction? Sign up and random assignment? Given that the chair issue is here to stay and the hot tub might be would a poll of folks for ideas to see if we could give Marriott a better or different option to time wasting line ups?

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club

Isn’t there another lady to rent from just a little closer to the Ocean Club?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We have been the the Surf Club twice and the Ocean Club once...whether we are situated in the 4th row,6th row or 8th row,makes no difference..when we get down to the beach we take what’s available....we are on vacation relaxing and prefer not to get caught up in the daily competition..we will be back to beautiful Aruba and the Surf Club in November and can’t wait:)

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Isn’t there another lady to rent from just a little closer to the Ocean Club?

Elked12,
There is Audrey, who is directly in front of the Surf Club. Vanessa is closer to the ocean club. I think there is one more in between them but I didn’t get their name/ info this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been the the Surf Club twice and the Ocean Club once...whether we are situated in the 4th row,6th row or 8th row,makes no difference..when we get down to the beach we take what’s available....we are on vacation relaxing and prefer not to get caught up in the daily competition..we will be back to beautiful Aruba and the Surf Club in November and can’t wait:)
We agree on the pool/beach - get there when we get there and enjoy what we have. Paradise does not change one row back.
Hot tubs are different an may be short lived (covid) but it is "if you get in" not where you get in.
I just thought the two issues had a common issue and possible a common solution that is best with lots of good thinkers who have "endured" the problem.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We agree on the pool/beach - get there when we get there and enjoy what we have. Paradise does not change one row back.
Hot tubs are different an may be short lived (covid) but it is "if you get in" not where you get in.
I just thought the two issues had a common issue and possible a common solution that is best with lots of good thinkers who have "endured" the problem.
Hi....honestly,we have never reserved loungers around the lazy river, although we really enjoy relaxing and floating around....relaxing under a palapa on the soft,white beach is a different story....I heard they added palapas at the Surf Club...is that true?

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were at Surf (late 2020/and again early 2021) you just used your "chair tag" starting at 0700 to get a palapa or chairs around the pool.
Yep lots of them right out "front" between the pools and the water. 7-8 row deep. There is a bar that support the palapa and the "quite" pool very nicely.

csani

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
surf club mariott aruba
Hi! would anyone please be able to help me find Vanessa phone number for the rentals?
I have the email but she is quicker on phone and i’d love the help PLEASE ☀️

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Venessa phone number is 297 5933960

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk