• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

arriving Maui on Sat Feb 25 weather looks rainy

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Any rainy day activities on Maui, getting a little worried about the weather as I see lots of rain in the forecast:(

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Don't believe the forecast... it literally changes by the hour and by location (i.e. you could be in Kaanapali and the sun is shining... drive 10 minutes to Lahaina and its pouring rain... wait 5 minutes and everything clears up everywhere etc). There is a large indoor shopping centre near Kahului if you want to go shopping... closer to Kaanapali is Whaler's Village and the Cannery Mall. In the Kihei area there is also a large shopping centre in Waimea (it is outdoor but it is easy to go from one store to another). I would not do any of the long drives (Hana highway or the road around west Maui as rock slides and washouts can occur in an instant with heavy rains).

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Maui is a pretty small island, but it has very diverse microclimates. I believe you go through 5 of them on your way up Haleakala, for instance.

If you look at the cover of the book "Maui Revealed," it gives you a very good indication of the rainfall patterns on Maui. The area with the least amount of precipation is Wailea. Often you'll look up and see very ominous clouds hanging around Haleakala (a huge mountain), within a few miles of your resort, but only rarely does the rain make it past the mountain. (The wind, on the other hand....)

If you're staying in Ka'anapali and it rains, head to Wailea. It'll take 45-90 minutes to get there, depending on traffic. If it's raining on Wailea, then you might as well head to the rain forest and make a day of hiking in the rain.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We're staying in Ka'anapali, and yesterday there were light sprinkles several times during the day, but the sun was shining much of the day, too. There we're probably several rainbows we could have seen if we were on the other side of the building. The sprinkles really didn't seem to bother anyone, including us. Here's what it looked like in morning.
404319_2634581388322_1369058738_2987592_68779166_n.jpg

The sunset was nice, too.
2012-02-21-22-33-10-XL.jpg

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow great pictures hope it stays that way.

Thanks for all the replys, may have to go on a road trip if it rains near the resort.

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just remember when you head to the tropics (not just Hawaii), there's a reason why everything's green.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing that I have found in our experience, is that during the winter months the Kaanapali area never has much rain so I would not worry about having bad weather during your trip at all.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Snowing in chicago so can not wait to get to Maui

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sitting on my balcony, looking at the Ocean.

We were assigned Building 4, 6th Floor looking out toward the Ocean, absolutely beautiful view. We are far enough out that the other building does not obstruct the view at all.

So glad I chose to go with the 1 bedroom on the South side as opposed to the studio on the North (all that was availalble on the North where I own). I made the request within 90 days and thus am staying here for 10 nights.

Weather is nice partly cloudy and high around 80 today, currently 73, much better than snow and freezing whether back home.

:)

This is why we purchased here, everytime I think of selling and than visit it changes my mind. The resort is in good shape, rooms are in good shape, people are very nice etc...

Doing the tour on Tuesday, let me know if you have questions

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sitting on my balcony, looking at the Ocean.

We were assigned Building 4, 6th Floor looking out toward the Ocean, absolutely beautiful view. We are far enough out that the other building does not obstruct the view at all.

So glad I chose to go with the 1 bedroom on the South side as opposed to the studio on the North (all that was availalble on the North where I own). I made the request within 90 days and thus am staying here for 10 nights.

Weather is nice partly cloudy and high around 80 today, currently 73, much better than snow and freezing whether back home.

:)

This is why we purchased here, everytime I think of selling and than visit it changes my mind. The resort is in good shape, rooms are in good shape, people are very nice etc...

Doing the tour on Tuesday, let me know if you have questions

If you get Kevin tell him your TUG "friend" Joe said you told him a legacy point is the same as a trust point and that is not true so if he mentions to you call him out on it if you want to have fun with him.

My wife cracks up when we go on these tours because she says I constantly refute and correct the sales guys. They hate when they have an informed owner on the other end because most will get caught in a few mis-truths.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will do, Joe.

Going the Westin tomorrow and Marriott on Thursday. I own at WKORV and Marriott (Orlando).

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you get Kevin tell him your TUG "friend" Joe said you told him a legacy point is the same as a trust point and that is not true so if he mentions to you call him out on it if you want to have fun with him.

My wife cracks up when we go on these tours because she says I constantly refute and correct the sales guys. They hate when they have an informed owner on the other end because most will get caught in a few mis-truths.

We actually got Kevin but I forgot to tell him Joe from tug says high, and he said that there is no difference between trust and legacy points. He stated that there was originally but no more they do not keep track of them that way anymore.