• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP for Resale Points at Home Resort?

Reaction score
I was recently told that resale points for a particular Home Resort could only be used for booking at that Home Resort starting 10 months before check-in date rather than the 13 months allowed under ARP (Advanced Registration .....).

Is this true? I thought that resale points currently don't count toward VIP status. But from the Wyndham Owners Manual, ARP at a home resort seems to be feature of all Wyndham points whether VIP or not?

Any help would be much appreciated?

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently told that resale points for a particular Home Resort could only be used for booking at that Home Resort starting 10 months before check-in date rather than the 13 months allowed under ARP (Advanced Registration .....).

Is this true? I thought that resale points currently don't count toward VIP status. But from the Wyndham Owners Manual, ARP at a home resort seems to be feature of all Wyndham points whether VIP or not?

Inaccurate info. All Wyndham contracts have ARP privileges at their home resort, meaning you can book there up to 13 months out. During ARP points usage is restricted to the home resort. At 10 months out, the standard booking window opens. At that point, points deeded anywhere can be used for reservations everywhere. This is true whether resale or deceloper purchased. If you happen to be looking at the resale purchase of a fixed week (commonly written up in the early days but not now), the circumstances are a little dufferent. A true fixed week that has not been converted to points remains a true fixed week. You do have an option to convert such a week to points yourself. Not sure of the price. For a fixed week that HAS been converted to points, your ARP privuleges are for your specific fixed week only. At 10 months out, the points can be spent anywhere.

Reaction score
Inaccurate info. All Wyndham contracts have ARP privileges at their home resort, meaning you can book there up to 13 months out. During ARP points usage is restricted to the home resort. At 10 months out, the standard booking window opens. At that point, points deeded anywhere can be used for reservations everywhere. This is true whether resale or deceloper purchased. If you happen to be looking at the resale purchase of a fixed week (commonly written up in the early days but not now), the circumstances are a little dufferent. A true fixed week that has not been converted to points remains a true fixed week. You do have an option to convert such a week to points yourself. Not sure of the price. For a fixed week that HAS been converted to points, your ARP privuleges are for your specific fixed week only. At 10 months out, the points can be spent anywhere.[/QUO

Many thanks!

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

I think you must have been told this by a salesman......and it's not true....simply sales BS

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you must have been told this by a salesman......and it's not true....simply sales BS

I definitely agree that information like this gets its start from the lips of a sales weasel! After that, it can take on a life of its own if people who heard it from sales believe it and start repeating it to others as true or otherwise valid. With the steady stream of lies and distortions perpetrated by sales staff at "owner updates", there are undoubtedly people who are well-meaning but ill-informed.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It amazes me also that the sales weasals have that effect with people who are educated and/or intelligent persons.

It is also strange here on TUG where we tell owners to READ the Member's Directory to understand the basic Wyndham program. Retention of the "read word" is much higher than retention of the "spoken word". All of my college text books were MUCH thicker - reading was much more detail - but I was younger and everyone around me tended to READ their text books also.

But this laziness of Wyndham owners helps to keep my bar tab low while I stay onsite. :D But I find many and many owners will totally believe those sales weasals who are trying to loot $15,000+ from them verses a $4 (thank you) beer for me. Pushing TUG membership is my 2nd favorite activity.

But I should have a really good winter season with my tablet, onsite WIFI, and searching eBAY while sitting at the bar. :ignore:

(My Big Lot's $79 white tablet with the nice $12 stylis).

Last edited:

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally false. I bought resale at Alexandria and have booked 13 months out ever since my purchase (5 years ago). The Wyndham sales people never cease to amaze (and horrify) me!

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... It is also strange here on TUG where we tell owners to READ the Member's Directory to understand the basic Wyndham program ...

Check out pages 276 and 309 of the Members Directory for the words on ARP. According to the manuel ARP rights may vary by program. Page 309 talks about the ARP rights for the Club Wynhdam Select program. It talkes of ARP rights ranging from 10 to 13 months at the home resort for UDI contracts. The directory also indicates that the ARP rights are associated with Club Wynhdam Plus membership. I did not see any distinctions based on re-sale vs. from Wynhdam.

Resorts have/had receiptical ARP agreements. On a couple of occassions, Wynhdam confirmed (reservations provided info and not sales staff) I had a receiptical ARP at one of my Smokey Mountain timeshares into Myrtle Beach. Recently, they advised that that no longer exists. This does not impact me very much because I have a number of Myrtle Beach Timeshares and sperate ARP rights pursuant to being VIP Platinum. So, in my experience, apparently something is changing in the ARP world. If I understand correctly, since ARP is a Club Wynhdam Plus right that Wynhdam and/or the trust can change the terms and apparently have made some changes.

Last edited:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, is this one of those benefits, like those within the VIP program that can be taken away at any point, or is this built into the contract/paperwork somewhere?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Now, is this one of those benefits, like those within the VIP program that can be taken away at any point, or is this built into the contract/paperwork somewhere?

As far as I can tell, it is something that the Trust can change or Wyndham to the degree that they control the Trust's rules. As it is, I understand ARP rights are already based on availability anyway.

Also worthy of note is page 340 of the members directory. Home Resort status for Club Wyndham Select talks of deeds going into Club Wynhdam Access are no longer eligable for ARP priority under the Club Wyndham Select program. This would be a change that came into being around the time that Club Wynhdam Access was created. Therefore, everytime a Club Wynhdam Plus deeded property comes under the control of Club Wyndham Access, the availability pool for Club Wyndham Select ARP rights would decline. If my reading of the member directory is correct, in addition to the ARP rights the the club members have to the club's underlying deeds, the VIP Gold and Platinum Club Wynhdam Access people would also have ARP rights to any Clulb Wyndham Select for the number of ARP rights provided to them under the VIP Gold and Platinum programs.

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, it is something that the Trust can change or Wyndham to the degree that they control the Trust's rules. As it is, I understand ARP rights are already based on availability anyway.

Longwell,

You don't understand it. ALL reservations are subject to availability! Therefore, while owners have contractual ARP at their home resort, for any given week, there are only as many reservations available as there are available units. So, if everyone tries to reserve the same week, some won't be able to do so.

If I HAD to speculate as to the situation you encountered with reciprocal ARP at 11 months, I would guess that you ran into one of the exclusions to this privilege specified in item 5 of the footnotes on p288, which excludes certain special event weeks and excludes Myrtle Beach in the summer. This is not, by the way, new language.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... Therefore, while owners have contractual ARP at their home resort, for any given week, there are only as many reservations available as there are available units. So, if everyone tries to reserve the same week, some won't be able to do so ...

I am not sure of which contractual ARP rights you are refering to. I checked one of my deeds at Seawatch Plantation and it indicates that the use is subject to the Fairshare Trust use rules. If there are contractual ARP rights I would be very much interested in the citation.

I looked up the reference to note 5, pg 288 of the Members Directory, this page and the associated notes appear to be talking about the VIP ARP Benifits and not the regular ARP program. I could very well be wrong, but I belive that regular ARP rights associated with the Club Wynhdam Plus program, do not have all of these restrictions. Also, I am not sure that the cited page and note have anything to do with the Reciprical ARP rights between resorts that are not tied to VIP Benifits.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another thing I found out about ARP. You can ONLY use Bonus, Credit Pool, or Use Year Points. Cancellation Points can not be used for ARP.

TS

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure of which contractual ARP rights you are refering to. I checked one of my deeds at Seawatch Plantation and it indicates that the use is subject to the Fairshare Trust use rules. If there are contractual ARP rights I would be very much interested in the citation.

I looked up the reference to note 5, pg 288 of the Members Directory, this page and the associated notes appear to be talking about the VIP ARP Benifits and not the regular ARP program. I could very well be wrong, but I belive that regular ARP rights associated with the Club Wynhdam Plus program, do not have all of these restrictions. Also, I am not sure that the cited page and note have anything to do with the Reciprical ARP rights between resorts that are not tied to VIP Benifits.

I know that the quoted portion was referencing VIP benefits. I also know that these restrictions do not apply to ARP at one's home resort. My comments were specific to YOUR situation (plat VIP) describing a problem YOU had, evidently at Myrtle Beach, trying to use your RARP benefits.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing I found out about ARP. You can ONLY use Bonus, Credit Pool, or Use Year Points. Cancellation Points can not be used for ARP.

TS

This is not correct

from the wyndham website

Only Regular Use Year Points from the ownership contract are eligible for ARP reservations.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not correct

from the wyndham website

Only Regular Use Year Points from the ownership contract are eligible for ARP reservations.

Right. Thanks, Ron. I was trying to multitask and only skimmed the post. I corrected my post to avoid causing confusion.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I know that the quoted portion was referencing VIP benefits. I also know that these restrictions do not apply to ARP at one's home resort. My comments were specific to YOUR situation (plat VIP) describing a problem YOU had, evidently at Myrtle Beach, trying to use your RARP benefits.

Thanks for the info. There answer was not in relation to any of the exceptions.