• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you cooking anything special fo the Holidays? Easter or Passover

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Normally I go to family for the holidays and have my favorites. Not this year. My other half loves my moms chicken soup and Matzo Balls so I spoke with mom and am trying to make it from scratch. Cooking the soup now. Tomorrow will make the Matzo balls. Also will make kasha varnishes a polish dish with Buckwheat, onions, oil and corn noodles and a lasagna with either corn or lentil sheets as my other half loves that too.

The combo is funny Lasagna, with Matzo Ball Chicken Soup and Kasha varnishes. Definitely a blended food family.

Sunday will be “Meatballs” and spaghetti with an Apple Pie. Meatballs are vegetarian and my other half uses the meat sauce he makes. He eats regular pasta, me lentil pasta. Even though I will make the apple pie it will be all for him.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Making a traditional (for our family) Easter dinner, with spiral ham and ”cheesy potatoes” (a baked hash brown dish with lots of cheese), plus some chilled asparagus and a cranberry apple lettuce salad. Home made banana cream pie for dessert. Did my grocery trip today, complete with my mask, and the store was pretty empty. It was hard to get organized enough to be sure to buy everything I needed for the meal plus my week's worth of purchases because I make only 1 trip a week.

Will be odd not to include our church service because that's a tradition too.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Short answer is no. Haven't celebrated Easter in many years because there was no family around, just me and hubby.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Ooh, gotta look for asparagus! I have a ham steak and we’ll have scalloped potatoes. Dessert will be the box of See’s I bought online the day before they shut operations down.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Us as well Panina. We usually go to family, which consists of family members that have Ukranian, Roumanian, English and Portuguese backgrounds. All that will not happen this year though. So just my husband and I. I will most likely bake a small ham, roasted potatoes, and I will also make cabbage rolls. I make quite a lot of them so that I can freeze them for several other meals.
Unfortunately we will not have the delicious Portuguese custard tarts and Baba de Camelo. This is very sweet, but when kept in the freezer and served in very small bowls is great with some fresh fruit.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh told me he bought a spiral ham and I'm guessing he's going to cook it on Easter. But we don't celebrate, I think it's just a kind of tradition.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
This will be the second time in my life I will miss mass on Easter Sunday. The other time I had to fly to Tucson and move my aunt to hospice. We are hoping our club will decide to offer carry out dinners for Easter. Anyhow, I guess I will feel the same way this Easter as I did the last time I missed mass, sad and missing my family

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Since we're sheltering in place, this year we won't be having rabbit for Easter dinner.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually do a double smoked ham, scalloped potatoes, sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls, asparagus with hollandaise, fruit salad and strawberry pie. DH will be disappointed if I don't but don't have much desire to do it myself.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I am doing a ham with scalloped potatoes and a couple of vegetables for just DH and I since our whole family is obeying our government's request of everybody staying in their homes. We are discussing setting up a Zoom conference with our 3 kids and their families, 2 of DH's sisters and their families, and another sister who is currently staying with his Mum, during dinner so we can all have dinner 'together'. Usually all 22 of us gather at DH's Mum's for pot luck type Easter Dinner so this year will be quite different.

~Diane

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I was able to get the last canned ham at the Safeway last week. So ham and scalloped potatoes.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I may cook or grill some pork, and make some special sides, and then put some in a to-go container to share with my mother (for her to pick-up curbside at my house--we've been doing this a lot lately, swapping stuff out of her trunk or on the far end of my porch.)

We've spent the last 15 some years with family, either at our house, or my in-laws in Atlanta. I think it will be hard. I am also planning to have the Easter bunny visit my mother's condo (leave it outside her door, and then call her once I at a safe distance.)

It will be hard. Remember, we're all going through a common, worldwide traumatic event. *sigh*

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Being Easter-European, this is The holiday for us. I already have my house decorated; asparagus, spiral ham and mashed potatoes waiting in my fridge. Now comes baking time, easter lamb cake and sweet bread called mazanec. I will miss all my friends and my daughter, we made so many memories getting together for years back in Minnesota. Great Spring Holidays to all!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW requested spiral ham. asparagus is plentiful here. It's just us two and I don't want to have to eat it for a week or more so this will be about portion control.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of controversy here over the cost of our restaurant. It closed March 16. Then they decided to have carry out for one meal a day on weekdays. That started April 6. Today it is meatloaf, you order a day ahead and pick it up between one and three. The chef and certain other employees are being paid this entire time. People in the community are saying that the poor chef needs Easter off to be with his family. He is working so hard. I have no objection to them being paid all this time, but they just had three weeks off.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were supposed to be at Disney for a week. Instead, DH requested to smoke a brisket. We'll have cheesy potatoes, green beans, rolls, and probably fruit pizza for dessert.

We're all just here trying to be grateful making the best of the situation.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Haven't even thought about it. Hmm...about all we have left in our little freezer is lamb chops (I don't like lamb but hubby and mother do.) bacon, hamburger, hot dogs and kielbasa. Have not been in a grocery for almost a month. I order meats and poultry each time I place an online order but have only gotten 2 chicken breasts, a chuck roast and sliced deli meats so far...all enjoyed already. I have another order in but it is a week before it can be picked up. If I ever have room in another house, I'm going to either have a big fridge/freezer or an extra freezer! No room here. We have plenty of canned goods and eggs though. Tuna salad for Easter? :)

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the effort to try to get a ham. If I can get an Instacart order, I’ll cook one. Otherwise the choices will be rack of lamb, grilled lamb chops and roast duck, all of which I have in my freezer.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I took a turkey out of the freezer yesterday. Thinking about putting it in the smoker for Sunday... Then we will have all kinds of turkey surprise leftovers next week. o_O

queenofthehive

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are have having turkey, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, peas/onions, deviled eggs and apple crumble. Would like to make some homemade rolls if I can find some yeast. Looking forward to all the turkey leftovers. ;)

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We have been doing Easter at my MIL's forever (for my husband) and since 1980 for me. We have missed two Easters (once to be with my mom, once because my husband was in the hospital) and this is very sad for the whole family. My MIL doesn't every put pressure on anyone to do holidays together but Easter has become the holiday that everyone tries to make, so it is when we see the entire family. My MIL is an amazing cook and of Ukrainian heritage so there are some special dishes served, plus some of the usual characters: Ham (no idea what she does to it but it is amazing), polish sausage from a shop somewhere in downtown LA, yams, asparagus, something she calls "macaron" which is some kind of eggy/noodle/butter thing baked in a loaf pan, then cooled, sliced and then fried in butter (no calories there, lol) served with beet/horseradish relish on the side. She also makes homemade rolls, and there's a large bowl of strawberries and fresh pineapple too. Dessert is a lemon cheesecake with sliced strawberries. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We have tentatively rescheduled for June. Fingers crossed that it's possible to gather together for a meal then. For Sunday I am going to try to do a few of the dishes, but things like the polish sausage isn't going to happen.

Btw, I was googling and these recipes look very close to what she makes so in case you want to use the quarantine to try some Ukrainian food, here you go:

"Macaron": https://homemadeandyummy.com/traditional-egg-noodle-casserole/ (my MIL definitely bakes in a loaf pan, then slices and fries.)

Beet relish:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Can't go to the (non-existent) sunrise church breakfast now. Can't eat with DH for a special meal at assisted living. Kids can't visit. I will be eating alone. It will be a weird day.

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
kasha varnishes
Our friends revoked their Seder invitation, so we're alone. We won't create a Seder for two of us, and haven't replaced a box of matzoh since making matzohbrei a couple of months ago. But thank you, Panina, for reminding me that there's a box of Wolff's kasha in the pantry! I'll encourage DH to include kasha for dinner (it's his month to plan menus, shop & cook) for some semblance of traditional food. We have ingredients for charoset, too. Tomorrow we're celebrating an anniversary, 59 years since we met in the university's student union (April 9, 1961). We always eat out, and we'll make do with take out. Not festive at all, but it'll mark another year gone by.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carrabas has an Easter bundle. I am ordering the mahi, it comes with salad, pasta, bread, broccoli, and chocolate dessert for four 49$