• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you bringing a mask with you while on vacation?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Awww, time to hit the beach, apply some nice coconut smelling sun tan lotion and get that face mask on...

What?

Well, are you going to bring a face mask to vacation this year?

Boy, that would be a quirky thing to bring now wouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have cancelled all upcoming trips for the next 6 months other than a LPGA event in Scottsdale in March and it is already worrying us. Most golfers live in the US, so they are not the concern. It's the spectators. We are thinking of not walking much of the course to stay away from the crowd. We will likely spend most of the day at the Founders Club 18th Green grandstand and simply eat and drink all day. If the included food and drinks is anything like what they have at ANA Inspiration, we are good. That should help us stay away from the crowd.

Bringing but not wearing.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have masks from contracting around the house. I’ll be bringing one on my flight in case I sit next to someone coughy and sneezy lol. I won’t wear it but having it in the bag will def keep me safe lol

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Everything reputable I have read is that masks a really only helpful for preventing people who ARE sick to REDUCE the spread.

Hand to mucus/eye from surface contact is the more likely form of transmission.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A good friend, who hasn't traveled alone for 40+ years will be flying San Diego to Atlanta this week. She is going to spend time with her college room-mate who has been given only a few months to live. Naturally she is a but anxious. She asked what I thought about wearing a mask. I repeated the info about 'masks are for the already ill' folks. I hope I was correct.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything reputable I have read is that masks a really only helpful for preventing people who ARE sick to REDUCE the spread.

download.jpg

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I plan on packing more hand sanitizer when travelling. Another quirky thing to bring along. They say washing and sanitizing hands are the best way to protect yourself on any communical disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Masks may help those who tend to put hands to their faces after touching germ-y surfaces.
OTOH, frequent use of hand sanitizer would help with that, as well.
As for me, I'll save my masks for the dust I kick up working on stuff in the garage.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
No, but ours are just local road trips this year and no air flights. (feel funny saying local- but now they are that we have moved!).

I always keep hand sanitizing wipes in the car for when or if we have to stop at a rest stop or whatever. I also have those paper toilet seat covers.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
A good friend, who hasn't traveled alone for 40+ years will be flying San Diego to Atlanta this week. She is going to spend time with her college room-mate who has been given only a few months to live. Naturally she is a but anxious. She asked what I thought about wearing a mask. I repeated the info about 'masks are for the already ill' folks. I hope I was correct.
Well if the friend is immunocompromised I don’t see the harm in wearing a mask. However if she has a few mo to live I’m sure the friend wouldn’t care about them wearing a mask.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

Depends on the type of Mask. Those ones that look like surgical masks do not protect the wearer.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
IMO, hand sanitizer isn't overly effective. We use it every trip and on cruises but still always manage to catch a cold of some kind. We sah our hands too, but sometimes there are certain things and certain people you can't avoid. On our last cruise, we think we caught it from the driver of our transfer from the airport to the hotel. After you figure out he is sick, he has already touched your luggage and all other stuff. He kept rolling down his window, likely because he was hot from a fever. This was in November in London!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
IMO, hand sanitizer isn't overly effective. We use it every trip and on cruises but still always manage to catch a cold of some kind. We sah our hands too, but sometimes there are certain things and certain people you can't avoid. ...
That's correct. I also heard that the virus was more susceptible to UV light than chlorine bleach.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We have cancelled all upcoming trips for the next 6 months other than a LPGA event in Scottsdale in March and it is already worrying us. Most golfers live in the US, so they are not the concern. It's the spectators. We are thinking of not walking much of the course to stay away from the crowd. We will likely spend most of the day at the Founders Club 18th Green grandstand and simply eat and drink all day. If the included food and drinks is anything like what they have at ANA Inspiration, we are good. That should help us stay away from the crowd.

Bringing but not wearing.
I think at this point you have to assume many in the US are carriers just didn’t have major symptoms. This past week I had a low grade fever for one day, it then turned into a sore throat for three and then one night it was a cold plus I had chills. I Put the heat up, bundled, slept 12 hours and was fine the next morning. Could I have had it? Possibly. That is the problem with it spreading, some people have minor symptoms, some have none. We hear about the ones that got sick badly.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have masks from a flooring seal job I did myself but no I am not using them If I go on vacation.

Seems I will be canceling my Marco Island/Fort Myers vacation this month. My other half was using the stock market decline due to the virus for not wanting to go. That made no sense to me as expenses aren’t much more then if we stood home.

Last night he told me the truth. He is involved in so many home projects and wants to stay home and finish them before the summer. Being we are in a new home, lots to do. I believe him as I know he has zero fears about this virus.

I have been holding off canceling hoping he would change his mind. He also said time to get rid of more of our timeshares. It is what it is.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are going to Newport Coast in May and don't really plan to take masks with us. We are planning on going to Disneyland, but so far haven't bought tickets yet. Though it is still on the agenda.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This is not one size fits all. Depends on where you are traveling (e.g. Asia, crowded cruise ships), whether you are elderly, and whether you have preexisting health condition.

Warm beach in Florida, Caribbean? summer? no preexisting condition? young? - probably not.

Doesn't hurt to pack with your med supplies such as Tylenol because it doesn't take much space. We packed N95 masks for recent trip to Europe for the plane. Didn't use them but would have been important to have if stuck sitting by someone coughing on plane for 12 hours. Doesn't matter if flu or corona, I don't want to catch it. More important, hand sanitizer and wiping down hotel room (TV remote is the worst source of germs) and airline seats/tables are good precautions.

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not one size fits all. Depends on where you are traveling (e.g. Asia, cruise ships), whether you are older, and whether you have pre-existing health condition.

Warm beach in Florida, Caribbean? no preexisting condition? young? - probably not.

Doesn't hurt to pack with your med supplies such as Tylenol because it doesn't take much space. We packed N95 masks for recent trip to Europe for the plane. Didn't use them but would have been important to have if stuck sitting by someone coughing on plane for 12 hours. Doesn't matter if flu or corona, I don't want to catch it.
Would you be brave enough to offer your seatmate one of your masks?