• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are we screwed?

Lipekerri

Reaction score
I read the thread about canceling our purchase and found the address in Las Vegas. However, the thread also said to confirm the address in our contract - which was an address in Orlando. I sent the letter on the 27th (within the 5 day window) but now I found the Las Vegas address in our contract. I'm on hold to try to speak to someone. Any advice or are we stuck now that we are outside the 5 day window?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think you have to wait and see. Not sure anyone can give you a definitive answer. This is why it is important to read the contract and following the instructions to the letter, it removes the stress

kenwmey

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Great question. I'm interested to see how this turns out for you. Good luck

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Good luck. Wyndham is not known for great business practices.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Good luck. Wyndham is not known for great business practices.
Generally I would agree, but even the worst timeshare developers don't play games with right of rescission.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Generally I would agree, but even the worst timeshare developers don't play games with right of rescission.
Agree, but you have to follow the rules of the contract and it sounds like the OP didn't.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read the thread about canceling our purchase and found the address in Las Vegas. However, the thread also said to confirm the address in our contract - which was an address in Orlando. I sent the letter on the 27th (within the 5 day window) but now I found the Las Vegas address in our contract. I'm on hold to try to speak to someone. Any advice or are we stuck now that we are outside the 5 day window?
I think your success in rescinding might depend on WHERE in the contract you found the address you used, and IF you kept the postal receipt showing you mailed it within the allowable time frame.

Good Luck. You may have to PROVE you made a good-faith effort to notify them of your intention to cancel.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you sent the letter with some sort of return receipt to prove it was sent, even though possibly the incorrect address.

Lipekerri

Reaction score
The section in the documents we followed said something along the lines “use the address in your contract”. The Orlando address was all over every document, including our contract. Yesterday, we were looking for the number to call and found the Vegas address.

I was able to speak to finance and the guy said it shouldn’t matter what address so we will wait to see. I did mail certified mail, return receipt and tracked it was delivered to them yesterday. The post mark is 12/27.

I’ll update you.

Lipekerri

Reaction score
Update:

We received two calls from Wyndham saying they have received our letter, our account was marked "pending", and to give them a call if we had questions with the process. Any idea how long this will take to show up on our account? I haven't called them back yet.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't call them back; they are trying to talk you out of rescinding, and no good will come of that. Be assured that they received the letter (what a relief!) and they are processing your refund. As others have said, Wyndham is too big to mess around with this process. It might take a minute, but you'll be all good.

Now, start researching and figure out how to get what you want by either renting from another owner, or buying resale! :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:

We received two calls from Wyndham saying they have received our letter, our account was marked "pending", and to give them a call if we had questions with the process. Any idea how long this will take to show up on our account? I haven't called them back yet.
I think this is 'conditionally' good news. If you can show that you made a valid, good faith effort to communicate that you desired to cancel the contract, even if the letter (postmarked during the authorized rescission period) was inadvertantly sent to the wrong office, you have a legitimate case for rescission. The refund can take as much as 45 days to show in your account.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau