• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are They Pumping Sand In Cancun Yet?

GeorgeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of pictures of dredges and pipes and equipment but haven't seen any beach being restored, except, of course, what Mother Nature has already done. I'm just curious. Are they pumping sand yet? When do they plan on starting? I know it takes some time to get everything set up before the actual restoration can start, but I'm as about as anxious as a little kid to see some real progress. Is anybody down there that can give a current update? Thanks for any info! :)

GeorgeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sand

Hey! Thanks Jim! I checked out the website and bookmarked it for future ref. I'm headed down that way April 22nd and just wanted to see how things were coming along on the restoration project. Looks like things are coming right along. Thanks Again. :D

GeorgeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sand

These guys look like they know what they're doing. Great photos! I'm thinking that by the time I make it down there in April they'll be out of there and the beach will look better than ever. I wonder if the Royals and the other resorts will replace all the missing palapas or continue to use the beach umbrellas. :D

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Pumping Sand

As of 5 pm today the sand pumping and beach restoration has reached the Royal Islander. The tri-royals beaches should be done in about three to four days if pipe on the beach is long enough. The pipe appears to be as long as the first section they installed when the project started, and if they have to relocate the floating pipline further up the beach (there are now 2) it may take another day or so.

Jim in Cancun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Islander

They are actually pumping sand onto the beach at the Royal Islander??? I thought they were heading the other direction--from the Mirador out to Club Med.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Royal Islander Beach

The sand pumping stopped late last night, with the beach in front of the islander restored about a third of the way to the Caribbean. The pipes have been relocated and they are pumping sand today in the direction Jim mentioned above.

The recent large waves have brought alot of the nearby sand back to the tri-royals beaches as they are in pretty good shape, but no way what the restoration project is bringing in.

KarenK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I am still left to wonder about what will happen after the next BIG Norte or hurricane comes and all the sands goes "bye-bye" again.