• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are there any issues with buying Sheraton vistana villas?

ConraCmdr

Reaction score
Hello, were new to buying a timeshare, we found a resale week 25 unit that works for us. Are there any issues with Sheraton vistana villas? Any other costs I should know about beside the $1,104 maint fee?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If it is a 2BR dedicated week at Sheraton Vistana Villages, then there is nothing inherently wrong with it as long as it is in Key West or Bella phases. Though given the MFs you quoted, I suspect this is Sheraton Vistana Resort. The MFs on a 2BR at SVV is closer to $1,275 per week plus the $155 VSN fee. Sheraton Vistana Resort is voluntary, meaning you don't get StarOptions upon resale transfer. If it is indeed SVR, then you need to use your home resort week or trade it within Interval International or RCI. THough there is also limited reservation ability if you want to also go to Vistana's Beach Club.

ConraCmdr

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. It’s a 2 bedroom villa In the spa phase. We average a week in Orlando so our primary use will be Orlando. we had a bad experience with westgate this week( we were buying an annual week, however when we went to sign, it was changed to odd year usage. closing person blamed salesman, Salesman who apparently works for his own LLC and not westgate said his mistake but westgate said they’re not obliged to honor anything from the salesman since they’re all independent llc’s. It was all kinds of shady) So I appreciate the information!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That is certainly Vistana Resort. So no benefits in VSN with Vistana. One word of caution is to stay away from Westgate. Far too hard to get rid of. I know a lot of people that like Vistana Resort, but if you want to easily go to other Vistana properties, it isn't the right choice.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hello, were new to buying a timeshare, we found a resale week 25 unit that works for us. Are there any issues with Sheraton vistana villas? Any other costs I should know about beside the $1,104 maint fee?
You could always trade it in interval to go other places since that is a voluntary phase. I’d look for a platinum week in a mandatory phase (key west or Bella). If trading is your goal and you want orlando mostly then I’d look at an SDO unit, also voluntary. You’ll get great trades when you go to Orlando or when you want to go somewhere else.

again, mandatory platinum week is best. You’ll have the most flexibility as well as an easier exit strategy.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thanks for the heads up. It’s a 2 bedroom villa In the spa phase. We average a week in Orlando so our primary use will be Orlando. we had a bad experience with westgate this week( we were buying an annual week, however when we went to sign, it was changed to odd year usage. closing person blamed salesman, Salesman who apparently works for his own LLC and not westgate said his mistake but westgate said they’re not obliged to honor anything from the salesman since they’re all independent llc’s. It was all kinds of shady) So I appreciate the information!
I learned everything from @dioxide45 listen to his advice and you won’t go wrong.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
SVR is a great resort and if you will be going to Orlando on a regular basis then the MF are more reasonable than SVV. I also like the location a bit better than SVV.

The one suggestion I would have (if you go down this route) is to see if you can get a week in the Cascades or Lakes phases. They are essentially very similar to the Spa phase; however, you can get units there that are fixed/float and can be booked any week 1-52 rather than just in a specific season. These units are also part of the Vistana Vacation club with exchange privileges into the Vistana PGA resort as well as Lakes/Cascades.

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
Consider yourself lucky to catch the Westgate bait and switch before purchasing. Take some time to learn the Vistana system and the difference between the voluntary and mandatory resorts. Purchasing a resale at Sheraton Vistana Villages mandatory phase (Bella or Key West) gives you access to the entire Vistana Network that is currently 23 resorts in the Sheraton and Westin Vacation Clubs.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I would go with Bella or KeyWest sections and get mandatory Vistana, allows you to get StarOptions, bank points and trade into Vistana Network and hopefully soon the Marriot timeshare system, you have much more flexibility.

hot2trot

Reaction score
I stayed at Vistana once a few years ago, and remembered the resort had two distinct "villages". Can you explain the difference between Bella, Spa, Key West, etc?? I bought a getaway for there in September, and I don't know which is which

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I stayed at Vistana once a few years ago, and remembered the resort had two distinct "villages". Can you explain the difference between Bella, Spa, Key West, etc?? I bought a getaway for there in September, and I don't know which is which
Did you buy a getaway in vistana villages or Sheraton vistana Resort? Two different resorts completely. Miles away from each other. The names Bella, key west, spa, cascades, at Augustine are all “phases” within each resort. You’d have to look at a resort map of each to figure out where each phase is on each complex. Bella, key west, and st Augustine are in Vistana Villages. The others are in vistana resort. It’s important to know which Timeshare complex you’re in. Then when you check in, they will assign you a room in a building in a particular phase/section of the complex.unless you have a preference of where in the resort you want to stay i wouldn’t be concerned with which phase they put you in. Others more familiar with the layout may give their own opinions on each.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are two distinct Vistana resorts in Orlando- each one has several phases. So I’m not sure if you are referring to the resort or a particular phase. Each resort effectively operates as a single unit even though there are several phases.

Bella and Key West phases are in Sheraton Vistana Villages (SVV) resort.

Spas phase is at Sheraton Vistana Resort (SVR)

Descriptions of both resorts are available on the Vistana site

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you buy a getaway in vistana villages or Sheraton vistana Resort? Two different resorts completely. Miles away from each other. The names Bella, key west, spa, cascades, at Augustine are all “phases” within each resort. You’d have to look at a resort map of each to figure out where each phase is on each complex. Bella, key west, and st Augustine are in Vistana Villages. The others are in vistana resort. It’s important to know which Timeshare complex you’re in. Then when you check in, they will assign you a room in a building in a particular phase/section of the complex.unless you have a preference of where in the resort you want to stay i wouldn’t be concerned with which phase they put you in. Others more familiar with the layout may give their own opinions on each.
You beat me to it! Don’t forget Amelia phase is also in SVV.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You beat me to it! Don’t forget Amelia phase is also in SVV.
Right!! I knew I was forgetting a few. It’s 1 am and I have insomnia lol