• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

are the golf courses on Hilton Head open at present?....future?

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
As the title---open now--what about future?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll let someone else talk about now, however, any answer about future any time soon is total guessing, no one can possibly know at this point.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
I am at Coral Sands at the moment with an Elite Resort Group Golf Card. Just called---- OPEN. Port Royal and Shipyard courses as well as Oyster Reef are currently cart fee only per person --$39. in morning @ $34. in afternoon.

Mahou

Reaction score
what part of "stay at home" don't you understand ???

many people are dying in a very short period of time due to this virus

I am in Madrid, Spain and its brutal here

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
what part of "stay at home" don't you understand ???

many people are dying in a very short period of time due to this virus

I am in Madrid, Spain and its brutal here

I contracted the Corona Virus early March.
I am not contagious and long over it.
Therefore I think that is the part that you don't understand?
Why should I have to stay home?

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll let someone else talk about now, however, any answer about future any time soon is total guessing, no one can possibly know at this point.
If you have nothing to say....why bother with that response--it is nothing.
and yes some places know exactly how much longer they will be closed at a minimum.

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at Coral Sands at the moment with an Elite Resort Group Golf Card. Just called---- OPEN. Port Royal and Shipyard courses as well as Oyster Reef are currently cart fee only per person --$39. in morning @ $34. in afternoon.
I contracted the Corona Virus early March.
I am not contagious and long over it.
Therefore I think that is the part that you don't understand?
Why should I have to stay home?

Thanks...love Oyster Reef--fun course.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have nothing to say....why bother with that response--it is nothing.
and yes some places know exactly how much longer they will be closed at a minimum.

Funny response, "some places know exactly how much longer they will be closed" followed by "at a minimum", which means, they do not know, lol. Which is precisely what I said. All speculation. Orders may get changed, renewed, etc. So, perhaps what you meant to ask was what is the current estimated future date when any closed might reopen. And any currently open may or may not be. As far as I have read, MVCI resorts on Hilton head (this is the MVCI forum section) are closed except possibly, subject to change, the last week of April.

It is also currently not known if having the disease means you get immunity or not. It is speculated that there may be immunity for some period of time, but not fact, and, there is evidence of some being reinfected (though a vast minority). I would still suggest caution for you. If you are a visitor, you are still subject to the 14 day quarantine as far as I read, I didn't see any "except if you already had the disease". To do otherwise is to violate the order and put people at risk. And yes, even if it turns out there is immunity for some period of time if you've had it, you can still spread it by coming into contact with others that have it, and, transport that "material" and leave it where it can be contacted by others. There is so much unknown.

Glad you recovered.

Last edited:

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny response, "some places know exactly how much longer they will be closed" followed by "at a minimum", which means, they do not know, lol. Which is precisely what I said. All speculation. Orders may get changed, renewed, etc. So, perhaps what you meant to ask was what is the current known future date when any closed might reopen. But you didn't ask that. And any currently open may or may not be.

It is also currently not known IF having the disease means you get immunity or not. It is speculated that there may be immunity for some period of time, but not fact. I would still suggest caution for you. If you are a visitor, you are still subject to the 14 day quarantine as far as I read, I didn't see any "except if you already had the disease". To do otherwise is to violate the order and put people at risk. And yes, even if it turns out there is immunity for some period of time if you've had it, you can still spread it by coming into contact with others that have it, and, transport that "material" and leave it where it can be contacted by others. There is so much unknown.

I mostly wanted to know if the golf courses were presently open.
If you don't know--don't respond you will leave it to others as you do not know.
Of what value is that?
What do I learn from that?

Regarding immunity after you have had it--if you are not out as you say--then you do not have to worry about catching it?
But everything I read says they are now certain that if you had it you are now immune.
The drug companies are now working with people that have been confirmed cases so as to possibly use the blood in studies and possible vaccines.
So Mr Law and order that doesn't know much...thanks for your BS.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vail, first glad you recovered, congrats. Second you are correct in that your blood now contains antibodies to Corona Virus 19 and blood plasma transfusions are now being stored/used to treat patients to speed/help their recoveries. Third blood testing for antibodies is now ramping up and will help ALL of us identify those who have recovered and then can go back to work and again become productive and safe Americans who can further help those who are still most at risk. No help for Golf my Put Put courses are all closed for now!!

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to do all I can to help the economy--I want to come up to HHI and play golf, shop and takeout all meals until the restaurants actually open for seating.
There needs to be some common sense.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Have noticed the comments everywhere have started to turn snarky. People react differently under pressure. What’s good for one may seem crazy for others. I don’t know how HH is handling the golf but here is how it’s being handled at local courses in NC. I have blacked out this particular course to help protect 5hem from any idiot emailing them about being irresponsible:

Good Afternoon,
Re: Updated policy effective Saturday, March 28, 2020

As most of you follow the annoucements from the local, state and federal governments on Covid-19, The staff would like to share the current conditions and procedures in place for XXXX. Effective today Saturday, March 28 A Wake County Mandate came into effect for a "stay at home" ordinance for all residents of Wake County. The Wake County ordiance is in place until April 17, 2020. Effective Monday 5pm, our Governor Roy Cooper announced an identical "Stay at Home" statewide mandate for all citizens of North Carolina for 30 days. XXXXX is one the few businesses that have been allowed an exemption under either Wake County or North Carolina Mandate to stay open during the Stay at Home Mandates due to our ability to social distance and a need to enjoy outdoors and exercise. There is substantial confusion on what is allowed and what is not allowed, where you can go or where you can't go. There is also confusion from businesses on who can stay open and who must close. We have been in contact via phone with local and federal authorites to clarify XXXX status to continue to operate during the "Stay at Home" Mandates taking place as we speak. Our current policies and updated policies effective today allow us to be complaint with county, state and Federal guidelines in coping with Covid-19. We have provided routing and bearers in the golf shop to aid in staying 6 feet apart. The grill continues to be usable for takeout only and routing and bearers are setup there in grill to help with social distancing. We also disinfect high traffic areas every 20 minutes over the entire facility. Effective today Saturday, March 28, 2020 we do have the ability to check you in outside of our clubhouse via ipad, You can certainly charge your account for cart fees etc to allow no exposure to clubhouse. Members and guest may call in ahead with credit card and pay over the phone to avoid clubhouse. We asked that you do not gather on the back patio to consume beverages or food because that is strictly prohibited by the local and state guidelines.
The staff at XXXX share the concern about COVID-19 and the issues this challenge presents to us in our daily lives and communities. Please be assured that XXXX protocols and guiding principles are in place that follow the recommendations and guidance issued by the Center of Disease Control (CDC), North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, County Public Health, North Carolina Emergency Management agencies, as well as guidelines issued by OSHA and EEOC. Hopefully you have read information from the COVID-19 website which gives you ways to "stymie" the virus as best as possible at home, work and coming to the club. We kindly ask if you feel sick please stay home.

XXXX will continue normal operations of daily tee times, weather permitting. In accordance to Governor Cooper's and the NCDHHS recommendation of gatherings of 10 people or more. The Member Member kickoff will be rescheduled and the Member Guest scheduled for April 25 and 26 will be postponed to a later announced date.
There is no doubt we are in unprecedented times and we thank you in advance for your understanding. Below are some helpful reminders in addition to the CDC guidelines and recommendations that requires your cooperation and steps we are taking at XXXX to ensure a fun, safe day on the course.

* Prior to the coming to and before your round of golf, please sanitize your golf bag, push cart and/or items you often touch that you use on the golf course, especially your phone. (Note: The Rules of Golf allow players to keep the flagstick in the hole while putting. We recommend this practice at all times while on the putting surface to avoid contact with the flagstick. We have provided an attachment that goes inside hole to allow the ball to sit above and away from flagstick when ball is holed. We have removed rakes from all bunkers, ball washers and will allow players to take free relief within the bunker at no penalty due to unraked bunkers during play.) We have removed the flags and PVC ball collectors from the practice pitching green.
* We continue to thoroughly sanitize each golf car cup holders, steering wheel, seats, bag straps after each round used. You may smell a somewhat strong chemical odor from the golf cars which is clorox that we use at a 50/50 solution. All sand bottles have been removed from the golf cars as well.

* Water stations on the course are not in service. Bottled water will be available upon request both before your round and at the turn.
* Communal items like coffee at the bar will not be set in the morning, please ask a staff member for a cup of coffee if you would like one.
* The Grille is open for takeout only at the turn will remain open for the time being. We will not have any sit down dining available. This area will be closely monitored and we may need to adjust the policy. We will not be able to utilize the member card room for after play gatherings and cards.
* Pencils and scorecards are now removed from golf cars and may be available by request from our staff or starter on duty.
* Practice social distancing and stay 6 feet apart during the round.
* We occasional get request for a golf car for one person only in each group. Due to the number of members and guest that frequent our facility we cannot allow single golf cars per rider. We simply do not have enough to go around.
* Out of caution, please do not be offended if a staff member avoids shaking hands with you during your time here at the club.
* As is custom to the game, friendly handshakes within the group prior to and after a round of golf is the signature of good sportsmanship. We ask that you suspend this practice and replace with a friendly nod, wave to your group or the time old tradition of tipping your cap or visor.
* Demo clubs will be cleaned and disinfected prior to and after each session.
* Individual lessons will continue as scheduled with our staff adapting their training techniques and drills to help promote social distancing.

As the situation evolves, and in accordance with newly issued guidance, our club may implement additional preventive measures to ensure members, guests and staff members wellbeing, including staffing or service modifications. If you have any questions feel free to call us in the Golf Shop or email me at

Sincerely,

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
As long as you don’t share a golf cart, golf is a game that can be played either as a solo or with others by respecting social distances. The only interaction with others would be in the pro shop which would be like interacting with a cashier in a grocery store. I see no issue with Vail wanting to get out and play the game he obviously loves.hit em straight Vail!

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you don’t share a golf cart, golf is a game that can be played either as a solo or with others by respecting social distances. The only interaction with others would be in the pro shop which would be like interacting with a cashier in a grocery store. I see no issue with Vail wanting to get out and play the game he obviously loves.hit em straight Vail!
Much Appreciated John....Thanks.