• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are the 9k points trades gone?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't used my RCI points account for about a year - just did a search and found a couple of weeks I would be interested in with check-in dates of January 8 which is less than 2 weeks away, but they want full-value points for it? Are the 9k and under last-minute deals a thing of the past with points? If so, I'm going to drop points and let my week go back to weeks.

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weeks resort or Points resort

There have never been any discounts on points resorts, and the weeks resorts that are in high demand don't seem to fall into the 9k point range anymore.
Greg

I haven't used my RCI points account for about a year - just did a search and found a couple of weeks I would be interested in with check-in dates of January 8 which is less than 2 weeks away, but they want full-value points for it? Are the 9k and under last-minute deals a thing of the past with points? If so, I'm going to drop points and let my week go back to weeks.

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks aliikai - I have really fallen behind in keeping up with RCI's changes apparently. There used to be a way to do a separate search for points or weeks, but now they all seem to be piled together? The banner says I'm searching "weekly and nightly exchange vacations" and there's a link to click to change that - but when I click it just says the function cannot be completed at this time and to call the call center. I did eventually find a couple of 7500k exchanges, but nothing that I wanted. My week would definitely do better in weeks but it's committed up to the end of next year, so I'm stuck I guess.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not everything is 9k close in. It seems to have changed from 45 days to 30 days. It's only RCI Weeks resorts (through RCI Points). If a resort is in RCI Points, it WON'T be discounted. And even beyond that, it appears to be only certain resorts (or possibly certain TPU values). But there ARE some 9k (and less) ones there.

I just pulled up a list of January RCI Points exchanges, 7 nights, USA, 2BR+, and it shows 316 resorts. On the first page of 10, I see all different values. Some as low as 6k for a week. Some 6500. Some 7k. Some 7500. Some more. One for 25k. When I look at places like Hawaii, I see some at 9k and others at full price (82k for Shearwater).