• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Apprentice - March 13

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another good episode.

I'm pleased with the results. No matter how hard she tried to deflect to the others, the right thing happened. Bad judgement all around.

How about that Brent? One more week!! The beginning was pathetic with that contestant crying in the bathroom. Somehow she managed to get it together.

-David

geekette

Reaction score
I agree that the right person got fired (whatever her name was). Lenny is stinking hilarious!

I was worried about Tarek with Carolyn harping on the golf course - she didn't see the blond cutting him off early on. And he did make it fun for them - it functioned! If the clients didn't care about the appearance, lay off !

Now it does look like Brent doesn't even wanna try but wants to be a thorn in everyone's side.

I am actually disappointed in everyone in their treatment of him, however. He was trying to be a team player early on. He did try. once everyone turned against him, however, he changed.

Andrea yelling NO and then running to cry... that's so incredibly inappropriate. The right thing to do is make Brent the next pm so he can either hang himself or prove himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
geekette said:
The right thing to do is make Brent the next pm so he can either hang himself or prove himself.
That's a great idea!

Reaction score
I love it when they show Brent eating constantly. What did he do on this project anyway, other than eat?

Brent, 30, was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. After graduating from York University in Toronto with a B.A in Political Science, Brent moved to Florida, where he attended law school at Nova Southeastern University.

Never heard of this law school. I certainly don't think his background warrants him being on the show.

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law Center is a member of the Association of American Law Schools and is accredited by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association (321 North Clark Street, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60610-4714: Telephone number: (312) 988-6738)."

The candidates are all there to make some semblance of a TV story, not because they are qualified.

I would venture that you'll find far more "Brent"s in Trump's world than you will "Andrea"s. And I don't think it will be long before Trump or someone calls them on it.

geekette

Reaction score
yeah, it's about making a fun show to watch.

I would expect that Trump picks a few duds that he thinks will stir up trouble and then pats himself on the back when they do!

I thought showing Brent eating all the time was pretty crappy - lets play into the ole Fat Guy stereotype.... I don't find it believeable that NO ONE ELSE ATE!!!

The editing drives me nuts!! But, this is the only reality show I watch, so, what the hell...

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found all the comments in regard to Brent's weight really tasteless and mean. I don't know how many different comments were aired but it was repetitive -- Trump made a comment about the shark's being excited to see Brent and then the blond girl made a cruel comment about him being fat. And, yes -- the editing -- also disappointing -- they just seemed to focus on Brent eating -- no one else.
Debi

Reaction score
In my mind, making fun of contestants is the only point to these shows. Trump really isn't looking to hire someone for his business through this assinine process, or is he?

geekette

Reaction score
Well, he does get stuck with "the winner" for at least a year. Plus, he has started having more input into selecting the contestants. I think he didn't like the quality of the candidates on a couple of the shows.

I think Trump's little lecture on not judging a book by its cover might yet come into play. His little lessons are amusing.

Gadabout

Reaction score
Finally got caught up with the episodes. I am very disappointed with some of the candidates, not only for the endless comments about Brent (and Stacy caused the problem with Brent, not the other way around), but also the intolerance shown by Lenny towards someone who chooses to practice their religion. I bet he'd be the same way with someone who had a family emergency as well. But then I've also heard managers whine when their best workers are gone on National Guard duty also.

This actually could be an educational show for older children, showing how school really does not prepare them for life in the real world, what with the obvious mean-spiritedness shown by just about everyone (including Trump), not to to mention the profanity-laden exchanges.

Tariq (sp?) did want to bring in astroturf and do it right, but the PM stopped him. Imho he shouldn't have been in the boardroom. I don't know if it is the editing, or if Bill/Carolyn don't see what goes on it doesn't get reported. I understand them not knowing what goes on in the living quarters, but once they're outside that building, they should be following them the entire remainder of the day.

Reaction score
Gadabout said:
the intolerance shown by Lenny towards someone who chooses to practice their religion. I bet he'd be the same way with someone who had a family emergency as well. But then I've also heard managers whine when their best workers are gone on National Guard duty also.

I think Lenny's got a point. Why should one's religion excuse him from work? If you religion interferes with your job, that's your problem, not your co-workers. Why should they pick up the slack for you?

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just caught it off Tivo. The right one got canned. What a tool.

On the winning team, did anyone notice that they were complimented on their product knowledge, and guess who was in charge of product knowledge... Brett. Dealers see through the fluff and look for the substance. They like the fun, but they need to know about the product.

Lenny is pretty devious and crafty and disingenuous. I wouldn't want to take my eye off him. I see his team sabotaging him to get rid of him when he becomes project manager.

Tom

Gadabout

Reaction score
Eric in McLean said:
I think Lenny's got a point. Why should one's religion excuse him from work? If you religion interferes with your job, that's your problem, not your co-workers. Why should they pick up the slack for you?

Even Trump pointed out that his right-hand man George was off for the exact same reason--that's what floating holidays and vacation and sick leave are for. And what slack was there really to pick up in this particular task? I mean, they get a budget to pay for stuff--just one or two of them could have hired the entire shindig out and just supervised, and that has been true of several of the tasks. This group probably would have lost anyway, given their PM was being a ditz. Lenny wasn't "working" so much as arguing about this and that--and he essentially called those two guys liars for no real reason. I would like him to say the exact same thing to George and see how far he gets.

And if one takes the Lenny argument further, people shouldn't have families (either parents or children) because they interfere with work, shouldn't get sick, attend funerals, go to jury duty, vote, give blood, etc. Does anyone think Randal went to his grandmother's funeral last season just to get out of work? I don't think so (and I didn't like the way Trump capitalized on it either for the drama aspects).

Neither of the two guys who went to services did or said anything to indicate that they were doing it to goof off--and I'm sure the cameras and microphones would have been there to record it if they had. Not every religion has several service times to choose from, or any after what most of us consider usual and customary working hours--I'm sure if they'd been able to, they'd have worked around it.

JMHO.

geekette

Reaction score
I'm not Jewish, but I believe there are also limits to what you can do as far as "work." There are differences in practice of Orthodox or non (sorry, term escapes me!) Perhaps these 2 guys and George are Orthodox and Lenny is not. Surely there are differences across countries, too. Perhaps our soldiers overseas still have to do the job but are praying even harder as they do.

I'm not religious, but I respect the right of anyone to practice their religion and I support anyone who puts their religion in front of the job. Everyone is different, but my job is NOT the most important thing in my life. It's something I have to do in order to have a life. Putting your supreme being at the top of your priority list is ok by me, and I don't care what you call him, please go right ahead.

just my .02

Reaction score
If you have a job, and you requested time off from your employer and it is granted, then there's no issue. George presumably has permission from Trump to take time off.

These two guys don't have jobs. They're looking for a job, as part of a team of interviewees. From Lenny's perspective, they have let down their fellow interviewees. It's not up to Trump in this case to determine whether those two guys are justified in not participating in the project.

As far as an employer is concerned, they can refuse to grant you time off. Private employers have that right.

Gadabout

Reaction score
Eric in McLean said:
If you have a job, and you requested time off from your employer and it is granted, then there's no issue. George presumably has permission from Trump to take time off.

These two guys don't have jobs. They're looking for a job, as part of a team of interviewees. From Lenny's perspective, they have let down their fellow interviewees. It's not up to Trump in this case to determine whether those two guys are justified in not participating in the project.

As far as an employer is concerned, they can refuse to grant you time off. Private employers have that right.

Trump didn't have any problem with it--Lenny did, and he (Lenny) is not their employer and they don't have to answer to him for anything. They really aren't a team, because they won't be hired as a team when all is said and done--they're all out for themselves. Trump is probably their nominal employer, if one wants to get picky.

Actually, employers do have to make "reasonable accomodations" for people's religious practices. Doesn't matter matter whether the employer is private or not. They don't have to pay you, but they do have to allow the time off if you can't go any other time.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/jobce...tlaw/2002-12-19-religious-accommodation_x.htm

Reaction score
Gadabout said:
Trump didn't have any problem with it--Lenny did, and he (Lenny) is not their employer and they don't have to answer to him for anything. They really aren't a team, because they won't be hired as a team when all is said and done--they're all out for themselves. Trump is probably their nominal employer, if one wants to get picky.

The issue did not arise in an employer-employee relationship. It arose in a team concept. You have let your fellow team members down by choosing not to work. Perfect example is as cited by Lenny. When you're in the army, if you screw up, it's your fellow soldiers that bite the bullet, not Uncle Sam, who is your ultimate employer. In that case, your duty runs to your fellow team members and not just to your employer. The concept is the same in team sports.

In this case, how can you tell whether the loss of 2 members of the team didn't contribute to their loss? If those two guys get immunity on a project, why shouldn't everyone else get immunity? Why isn't Trump/NBC willing to postpone the project until after the Jewish holidays? Lenny could've taken the day off too then the gentiles would really be screwed.

Maybe you guys don't work in psychotic environments. When there's a deadline for a project, I don't think your employer is going to care much about your religion. And if your religion interferes with corporate profits, I suspect they'll find some other excuse to fire you.

Gadabout

Reaction score
Eric in McLean said:
The issue did not arise in an employer-employee relationship. It arose in a team concept. You have let your fellow team members down by choosing not to work. Perfect example is as cited by Lenny. When you're in the army, if you screw up, it's your fellow soldiers that bite the bullet, not Uncle Sam, who is your ultimate employer. In that case, your duty runs to your fellow team members and not just to your employer. The concept is the same in team sports.

In this case, how can you tell whether the loss of 2 members of the team didn't contribute to their loss? If those two guys get immunity on a project, why shouldn't everyone else get immunity? Why isn't Trump/NBC willing to postpone the project until after the Jewish holidays? Lenny could've taken the day off too then the gentiles would really be screwed.

Maybe you guys don't work in psychotic environments. When there's a deadline for a project, I don't think your employer is going to care much about your religion. And if your religion interferes with corporate profits, I suspect they'll find some other excuse to fire you.

The military in the middle of a wartime situation cannot possibly be compared to team sports (at any level of competition) with a straight face.

I agree with Geekette on this. It's just a job, hopefully there's more to someone's life than that. I wouldn't want to hire someone who didn't have some kind of a life outside of work, either.

Reaction score
Gadabout said:
The military in the middle of a wartime situation cannot possibly be compared to team sports (at any level of competition) with a straight face.

Every few years, some guy screws up the night before the Super Bowl, and that contributes to the team losing the game. I think the outcome of the Super Bowl has a significant impact on the lives of many - whether economically or emotionally. More more impact than the death of an unknown soldier. Sad but true.

Gadabout

Reaction score
Eric in McLean said:
Every few years, some guy screws up the night before the Super Bowl, and that contributes to the team losing the game. I think the outcome of the Super Bowl has a significant impact on the lives of many - whether economically or emotionally. More more impact than the death of an unknown soldier. Sad but true.

Part of being a team is being able to step into others shoes when necessary. If team members can't do that, they aren't really much of a team, and they deserve to lose. Not everyone cares about the Super Bowl, btw, some of us enjoy doing other things that day--but it is a good excuse for a BBQ, I will admit! :)

In this Apprentice task, everyone was basically interchangeable. It did not call for any specialty skills at all (actually, from watching this over several seasons, he seems to be looking for glorified event planners). Also, Trump makes the decision as to who should stay and who should go, and I don't remember either Bill or Carolyn saying to him that the missing members impacted the result in any way, shape or form. Lenny and the other team members (didn't hear any comments from them one way or the other) really can't blame the two guys who weren't there for the failure. The person who got fired deserved it, although the other girl should have gone too--wonder if Trump will ever break that particular rule and go up to the boardroom and fire someone who thought they were safe.

I think in just the last season there was at least one lopsided situation with only two of them on the task before they merged the teams, and it seemed to go okay (most of these tasks, especially in the latter stages, are really "pick up the phone, call someone, and pay THEM to do it", and well, anyone can do that, if they have enough money).

Now, do I think Trump would have fired those guys even if he thought it was an issue? Absolutely not. Not after mentioning that George was off for the same reason. And I'm sure that he would not have wanted the resulting bad press--after all, the show has not been doing well of late (just plain dumb to put it against "24").