• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

dima

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're Enhancing Your Marriott Vacation Club, Asia-Pacific Membership Even MORE
We're very excited to announce that coming soon, you will have the opportunity to activate your complimentary membership in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ Exchange Program. With this membership, you will be able to use your Club Points to discover exciting new holiday experiences around the world!

Once you have activated your membership (details of how to do so will be sent to you soon), you will enjoy these great ancillary benefits*:

• Convenient access to more than 50 Marriott Vacation Club® Resorts, including new properties in New York City; The Big Island of Hawaii; South Beach, Miami, Florida; and Washington, D.C.
  • The ability to stay any number of nights at Marriott Vacation Club Resorts — weeklong stays are no longer required
  • Access to twice as many hotels and resorts, including many current Club Connections locations, which will be available through the Explorer Collection**
  • More than 500 cruise options from your favorite cruise lines
  • More than 50 guided group tours, including Member-exclusive tours in Italy, Ireland and more
*Additional options will be based on availability.
**Explorer Collection options are subject to change.

We will also be making changes to your usage benefits to give you enhanced flexibility.

We'll be sending you more details about all of the upcoming changes as well as instructions on how to activate your complimentary membership in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned!

lhs323

Reaction score
I saw this email as well, but as we know, "enhancement" is ALWAYS a dirty word in the hotel business.
The only real good news here is that AP participation in this new program will be complimentary. Otherwise, we don't know anything about the points rates for these new exchange opportunities, and God knows what Marriott means by "We will also be making changes to your usage benefits to give you enhanced flexibility," but it's likely a bad thing.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think this will be a negative enhancement. Since one AP point=one DC point, it seems that they will soon allow AP owners to just use AP points for DC point reservations. We already know what the exchange rates for the new exchange opportunities. They are all in the DC points chart.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would suspect that once AP owners enroll their points, that those points would count toward ownership status levels.

Realize though that about a years ago, Marriott updated the number of AP points that owners have by dividing the number they owned by 10 and doing the same with the number of points needed for a reservation.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would suspect that once AP owners enroll their points, that those points would count toward ownership status levels.

Realize though that about a years ago, Marriott updated the number of AP points that owners have by dividing the number they owned by 10 and doing the same with the number of points needed for a reservation.

My understanding is that AP Points owners will not enrol their Points.
AP Points will remain as AP Points, but owners will be able to use these interchangeably with DC Points.
I agree though that since DC / AP Points values were aligned we should reasonably expect those AP Points to count towards ownership status levels.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened on my first reply - something not working for me using an iPad.

However, I will wait and see what develops on this. Since I am both an AP Points member and a DC enrolled owner, I am not sure how a complimentary DC membership for me as an AP Points member is going to work. Surely that should not be necessary. I will follow up on this when I am at PBC in January.

As BAZZAP has said, points remain separate systems. I do not expect the benefits available to be merged since AP points owners have some very different benefits to those available to DC points owners. Status levels are different and are achieved at different points ownership levels.
So once again we will have to wait and see.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another message from MVCI

Announcing the biggest enhancement to your
Marriott Vacation ClubSM, Asia-Pacific Membership — ever!

In 2001 Marriott Vacation Club opened its first resort in Asia – Marriott's Phuket Beach Club. Based on success in Phuket, in 2006 we introduced Marriott Vacation Club, Asia-Pacific (the "Club") and added new resorts in Phuket and Bangkok as well as inventory from existing Marriott Vacation Club resorts in Hawaii and Las Vegas to the Club. Moving to Club Points expanded your holiday options while still giving you the quality you've come to expect from Marriott Vacation Club.

As a Member of the Club, you and your family have enjoyed a variety of ways to use your Club Points and create lasting holiday memories. As part of our "15 Years of MORE" celebration we are excited to add inventory from a seventh Club Resort Property, Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, on Australia's Gold Coast. And, we haven't stopped there.

Exciting New Ways to Use Your Club Points
Based on feedback from Club Members like you, we are excited to announce that you will soon be able to use your Club Points to access the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ Exchange Program (the "Exchange Program") to enjoy more global experiences!

• Use your Club Points to stay at all Marriott Vacation Club properties for any number of nights you choose
    • This includes our newest destinations – New York City; Big Island Hawaii; Washington DC; and South Beach, Miami, Florida.
    • Seven night stay exchanges at Marriott Vacation Club Resorts through Interval International will no longer be required after you activate your complimentary Exchange Program membership.
  • Most Club Connections locations will become part of the larger Explorer Collection where you will find:
    • More than twice as many hotels to choose from
    • Hundreds more cruise options
    • Widely expanded guided tours and adventure travel
    • Access to holiday homes
  • More flexible booking windows and cancellation policy
While your complimentary membership in the Exchange Program unlocks more holiday experiences and flexibility, you will still enjoy current usage benefits such as access to Express Breaks at your Club Resort Properties; trading for Marriott Rewards points; exchanging with Interval International (Members will need to maintain individual memberships with Interval International); and complimentary airport transfers and early check-in for the seven Club Resort Properties for current Premier Plus Members who will, after this transition, be at the Executive, Presidential or Chairman's Club benefit levels.

To activate this membership, please review the Membership Terms & Conditions and all links to various documents related to your Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program (the "Exchange Program") membership. Once you have opened, printed and reviewed the documents accessed through the links, and reviewed the Membership Terms & Conditions, you'll need to click on the "I Acknowledge" button. This Exchange Program membership will be an ancillary benefit to your Membership in the Club with no one-time or ongoing costs.* Once we receive your acknowledgement, and after 15 December 2016, your Exchange Program membership will be activated and you can begin to enjoy easier and improved access to the regional and global travel experiences, plus expanded features and ancillary benefits that are outlined above.

To learn more about the exciting new usage options available to you, please refer to the linked topics on the right side of this email.

New Benefit Levels and New Benefits
Also effective 15 December 2016, we are rolling out new benefit levels to all Members of the Club.

When the new benefit levels are in effect, your total Club Point allocation plus any other Marriott Vacation Club product you own that is enrolled in the Exchange Program will be used to calculate your overall benefit level.

With this new level, you will enjoy benefits such as more flexible reservation windows and borrowing rules.

New Holiday Possibilities
This is an exciting time in the evolution of the Club and we can't wait to help you enjoy these new opportunities.
====================================================================================
The one disappointment is that AP Points members will continue to require a personal membership to Interval International if they wish to use AP points to exchange outside the MVCI family. As an AP points member who is also a DC Points enrolled owner I will continue to require my personal II membership just for my AP points - I think I will let that lapse when it expires. I never exchange my AP points for a non Marriott resort.

dima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice improvement in points reservations after enrolling AP points to destination exchange program.
Just used all AP points (2017 and 2018) in making reservation and added additional DC points (2017) to book few more nights:)
Now AP and DC points can be combined to make a reservations, but can't be transferred from AP to DC accounts or vice versa.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
It all seems to be coming to fruition as far as the alignment and interchangeability of DC and AP point usage is concerned. My AP point ownership is now considered as part of my overall point entitlement and I am now at slightly over 30000 points in total and so well above Chairman's Club level. We now await completion of the IT work to allow me to use my AP points to book any availability on the system across all the MVCI resorts. Of course there has to be availability.

This was the context of today's email.

New Global Usage and Member Benefits

We are happy to inform you that the usage rule changes and benefits associated with your new Member benefit level of Chairman's Club are now in effect. In addition, with your membership in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ Exchange Program, you can now conveniently access nightly stays at more than 50 Marriott Vacation Club Resorts as well as take advantage of hundreds of exciting options available via the Explorer Collection!

Revised Club Governing Documents and a summary of these changes can be found at www.vacationclubap.com.

Please review your Detailed How to Use Guide, which we hope will be helpful in learning about the enhancements and benefits. Another resource that we hope you will find useful is our newly redesigned Member website, www.vacationclubap.com, which has been updated in a way that we believe presents information in a clearer and more user-friendly manner. You can sign into it using your existing username and password.

Should you have any questions, as always, you can contact Member Services.

We are excited about these new holiday opportunities and enhancements to your membership and look forward to helping you create more memories that will last a lifetime.