• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone Watching "Billions" on Showtime ?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't that interested in it when first announced, but have been glued to it since episode I.

Great acting, evolving plot(s) and sufficient subterfuge.

Giamatti and Lewis are superb in addition to a great cast.

-

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love this show!

Both great actors

Unfortunately I find myself rooting for Bobby Axelrod, even though I know he's supposed to be the Wall Street big bad guy....

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent show...and yes, the casting and acting are superb!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to wonder who is the more corrupt.

The scene with the farm family was telling.

Dirty deeds all around.

Have to agree, am liking Axe as well.

=

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I saw it advertised and started recording it, but have not watched any of the 6 episodes yet. I really like the starring actors, so my expectations are good for this show. Glad to hear others like the show!

I have a couple of "Shameless" episodes to catch up on first, and then I will start with "Billions". I guess I have been too busy skiing this winter. :D

Kurt

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw it advertised and started recording it, but have not watched any of the 6 episodes yet. I really like the starring actors, so my expectations are good for this show. I have a couple of "Shameless" episodes to catch up on first, and then I will start with "Billions". Glad to hear others like the show!

Kurt

I love "Shameless". I don't recall anything quite like it on TV. Great cast, too. Anything that William Macy does is usually brilliant.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love "Shameless". I don't recall anything quite like it on TV. Great cast, too. Anything that William Macy does is usually brilliant.

Absolutely agree about William H. Macy; his characters are usually very interesting to me. I have been hooked on "Shameless" since the first season. The producers / writers of the show do a good job of making the viewers care for a bunch of characters that, on the surface, have what most people would consider very non-traditional morals. As you get to know the characters, they really grow on you.

Kurt

TedWater

Reaction score
I havent really heard much about it but maybe I should give it a look. I am on the hunt for a good new show to watch.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another great show on the Showtime network with outstanding acting.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Outstanding season finale.

They've been renewed for another season.

Can't wait !

-

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Amazon Prime now has Showtime for $8.95 per month, and all of the shows are included, and I can watch lots of episodes back-to-back, which I like to do. I don't like going a week between episodes.

Anyway, wouldn't it be ideal for Amazon Prime to replace cable TV, Dish Network and DirecTV? I am so sick of pay $135 per month for television, and no premiums.

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazon Prime now has Showtime for $8.95 per month, and all of the shows are included, and I can watch lots of episodes back-to-back, which I like to do. I don't like going a week between episodes.

Anyway, wouldn't it be ideal for Amazon Prime to replace cable TV, Dish Network and DirecTV? I am so sick of pay $135 per month for television, and no premiums.

I just watched a recorded Billions tonight and I am hooked. Looks like I am
getting Amazon Prime.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
getting Amazon Prime.

Just to be clear, I believe the Showtime package is $8.95/mo in addition to the cost of Amazon Prime (it's not included by default).

Kurt

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It was an excellent finale episode. Now we have to wait another year!

Great scene when Chuck faces off with Axe, the whole season was leading up to that confrontation. I find myself rooting for Axe too, Chuck is completely unlikable abusing his position and marriage to stroke his ego. Chuck is completely out of touch with reality, boasting that he has nothing to lose - he's losing his career and family.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
getting Amazon Prime.

Great scene when Chuck faces off with Axe, the whole season was leading up to that confrontation. I find myself rooting for Axe too, Chuck is completely unlikable abusing his position and marriage to stroke his ego. Chuck is completely out of touch with reality, boasting that he has nothing to lose - he's losing his career and family.

CAUTION: MAY BE A SPOILER REFERENCE BELOW - STOP HERE !

It had to come down to the "high noon" moment .........and cue the missing spaghetti western music.

Telling words at the very end and it boiled the whole dynamic down into the simplest terms of “nothing to lose.”

I watched the finale twice and picked up on some things I did not catch on to at first like the pizza parlor meeting and the janitor thingie.

-

Last edited: