• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone use an LLC or Company for Time share title

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing two time shares, My question is how should
I title them? I was thinking if I put them in an LLC and if I wanted to sell them
later I could sell the LLC or if I wanted to change the names on the LLC
it would simpler than having them in my name.
Also if down the road I couldn/t sell them only the LLC would be liable, not me personally, What is everyones thoughts?

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
This has been discussed before and yes you likely could title in the name of your company, but there have been stories that some resorts will not allow this and therefore have not recognized the company as a owner.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed before and yes you likely could title in the name of your company, but there have been stories that some resorts will not allow this and therefore have not recognized the company as a owner.

That's interesting. I didn't think the resort had any choice but to recognize the legal owner. How would that would work from a m/f perspective? Would they continue to bill the previous owner instead of the LLC that appears on the deed?

I have considered doing this is too, in case my kids don't want to own them upon my departure. In my case the deeds are currently in my name. If I transfer them to an LLC, then it wouldn't seem to matter if the resort recognizes the transfer or not, so long as the courts do.

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill,
Which companies have not recognized another company?

That would seem to be illegal I believe!

I have never had a problem purchasing as a company, in fact in most instances
the price is better and terms simpler.