• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone successfully sold Westin Flex Star Options?

aimersyo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and am curious if any of you have successfully sold their Westin Flex star options? I called the number and they said we could give them back, but was hoping to recoup at least a small portion of the value. We bought directly from Westin in 2018 because we didn't know any better, so we paid $$$. We enjoyed our times in Hawaii, but ultimately do not feel like the timeshare life is for us, we want more options on where to go. Also, we recently went to Desert Willows and did not get any warm and fuzzies from our presentation. It felt like a high pressure sales situation where the sales associate was acting very shady and lying to us to get us to buy more.

Thanks for any guidance you may have.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
To give you an idea of the market price...here is the Westin Flex resale page on Redweek.com - lined thru listings are sold and could have had some negotiation beyond the price shown. You can list yours on Redweek.com and here on TUG as well.

Westin Flex Resorts | RedWeek

Last edited:

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
With the upcoming Vistana merge with Marriott, you will get to use your options at Marriott timeshares which have more locations. You can only recoup a very small portion of what you paid by selling them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are carrying any kind of loan/mortgage on the Westin Flex, you won't be able to sell them. At least until that loan is paid off.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am surprised that someone sold 210,000 westin flex for $16,000 on Redweek although that could have been asking price and not the actual sale price. I would be surprised that someone paid more than $5000.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
I am surprised that someone sold 210,000 westin flex for $16,000 on Redweek although that could have been asking price and not the actual sale price. I would be surprised that someone paid more than $5000.

Westin Flex seems to have very little out there for resale comparables. But while Sheraton Flex has almost no resale value, the $16k doesn’t seem too crazy for this resale. Reasonable comparables would be weeks of ocean view or resort view at the Maui resorts which are running about the same price, and this gets you more time. The Flex has slightly higher maintenance fees, and while as voluntary for VSN it doesn’t come with the StarOptions for use at 8 months, it has 12 month priority into the 8 Westin Flex resorts which are certainly among the best of the Vistana system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The Flex has slightly higher maintenance fees, and while as voluntary for VSN it doesn’t come with the StarOptions for use at 8 months, it has 12 month priority into the 8 Westin Flex resorts which are certainly among the best of the Vistana system.

Inventory is the big issue. While Westin Flex has a 12 month priority in theory, it's no good if there is little or no inventory in Flex. For example, how easy is it to reserve a 2br at Westin Riverfront in February or March at 12 months using Flex, compared to using a deeded week?

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
Inventory is the big issue. While Westin Flex has a 12 month priority in theory, it's no good if there is little or no inventory in Flex. For example, how easy is it to reserve a 2br at Westin Riverfront in February or March at 12 months using Flex, compared to using a deeded week?

Riverfront is hard (but not impossible) in ski season, but there are only 34 lockoff units at WRF that were sold out before Flex. (WKV is also difficult for prime spring time.) But I have found good inventory at the remaining resorts including Maui. While there is no oceanfront, I have found good availability (near 100% success rate at year out) with ocean view at WKORV and WKORVN. And tons of two bedrooms at Nanea.

As one that takes a half dozen or more trips to Beaver Creek per year, I do wish the Riverfront access was easier. But since many of those are shorter trips, I at least have a chance (say 33% success at year out) of booking those with Flex a year out. There is almost no chance with StarOptions other than very early or late season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk