• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone still vacationing in MX?

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Though there aren't any travel restrictions to Mexico, but is anyone still vacationing there? Anyone change their summer plans yet? Just doing a wait and see?

Flasher42

Reaction score
Same here. We do have plans for late October if things level out?
actually have been holding off on planning anything for at least a couple months

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

It may be good to hold off a bit from traveling there. :ponder:

I agree. I think you'd want medical care in the USA if you became ill. Mexican medical care "could be" a bit sketchy during this Corona Virus outbreak.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
We have reservations at Ocho Cascades for the last week of June. We are in a wait and see mode for now.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I can't make a reservation for next winter because the reservation center in Vegas has closed. I think there will be high vacancy rates for most International travel next year so Mexico should be easy pickings.

Bill

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
We were supposed to be in Puerto Vallarta this week using an Interval int. Getaway. Fortunately airfare was refunded because Alaska Air cancelled the flight (patience paid off), and Interval let us swap the getaway for a week in Palm Desert in November. The Palm Desert week was considerably more expensive than the Mexico week, but we didn’t have to pay the difference which was nice.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
I picked up very cheap flights on SW for end of June to Cancun. If I need to cancel, no big deal. Being hopeful feels better than not.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have reservations and flights for Dec 27 at Lagunamar. My wife is hoping to extend to the end of January. We will see what happens

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bit the bullet and rescheduled my trip. Was supposed to be in mid-late may, but since it was getting closer and this thing still hasn't peaked...better safe than sorry. Resort and airline were super helpful and no penalties.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
A friend of mine lives in PV and sent me a picture of armed guards near the beach so it might not be that fun at the moment.