• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone signs up for SFX 10-year plan?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
10-Year Plan
$799USD
auto-renews at $29/yr*

I am curious who finds value in SFX and this sounds a good deal for those who complains about rising membership fees at RCI and II.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I let my membership go. I had tried for years, got some good NYC exchanges out of it and some VIdanta, but it just got harder and harder, and what basically killed it for me was the lack of online searches. I had having to call. They have more inventory then they put into their minimall online search.

Only place I let a few deposits expire in 30+ years of timeshare. Hated to, but it was as timing worked out to be in the middle of covid, and that didn't help matters.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
I let my membership go. I had tried for years, got some good NYC exchanges out of it and some VIdanta, but it just got harder and harder, and what basically killed it for me was the lack of online searches. I had having to call. They have more inventory then they put into their minimall online search.

Only place I let a few deposits expire in 30+ years of timeshare. Hated to, but it was as timing worked out to be in the middle of covid, and that didn't help matters.
How much was the annual fee for you? For $29 likely worth it, even just for getaways in Mexico.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

Same, the only time in 22 years of time sharing I lost / did not use a deposit

not COVID related, just lack of transparent inventory

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How much was the annual fee for you? For $29 likely worth it, even just for getaways in Mexico.
It’s $80 per year for the first 10 years.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Was it $29 to renew it? This promotion seems a special. Yeah if it’s getting worse, likely a big bet.
I was just reading your initial post, indicated 10-year Plan $799.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
10-Year Plan
$799USD
auto-renews at $29/yr*

I am curious who finds value in SFX and this sounds a good deal for those who complains about rising membership fees at RCI and II.

We did a plan that auto renews at $59 a year is what I think. Our best trades are with SFX.

Bill

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
We did a plan that auto renews at $59 a year is what I think. Our best trades are with SFX.

Bill
Are you in renewal now? Hope SFX will honor $29 renewal after 10 years. SFX seems to have some great Hilton properties like Kinds Land. You need a lot of points to get Hilton in RCI and I guess you can do better with SFX one for one exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I lost several deposits with them. Had the 10 year membership, didn't get much value out of it. I don't know why some people absolutely love it, while some of us had bad experiences. What I can say is that ongoing searches was something they promised about 13 years ago, which never materialized.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you in renewal now? Hope SFX will honor $29 renewal after 10 years. SFX seems to have some great Hilton properties like Kinds Land. You need a lot of points to get Hilton in RCI and I guess you can do better with SFX one for one exchange.

Yes, we are in renewal for Diamond. I did have to call as it didn't auto renew as our credit card on file had expired.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I lost several deposits with them. Had the 10 year membership, didn't get much value out of it. I don't know why some people absolutely love it, while some of us had bad experiences. What I can say is that ongoing searches was something they promised about 13 years ago, which never materialized.

It's worked out great for us. The free upgrade in unit size and nice resorts we received even with the bonus vacations has been awesome. Two of the most opulent resort exchanges , Grand Luxxe two bed unit and Vista Encantada three bed unit came from SFX. So far, we have been able to use all of our deposits and bonus weeks.

I haven't tried to exchange into Hawaii with SFX. When I asked they did have inventory but it didn't fit our schedule.

Bill

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it works out much cheaper than Interval membership (plus platinum), for me. We like vacationing in Mexico, so the Vidanta, Hacienda encantada, Vista Encantada, etc. work out well for us for the fees. Before Hilton implemented their "resort fee" (for ANY exchange, including RCI via my own HGV account) it used to be cheaper, but not really any longer. They have an OGS of sorts, you just have to call or email with your requests and they get input into the system. But with anything, YMMV. I had 4 years of Interval and never getting an OGS hit/match with my deposits (had several expire useless).

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Yes, it works out much cheaper than Interval membership (plus platinum), for me. We like vacationing in Mexico, so the Vidanta, Hacienda encantada, Vista Encantada, etc. work out well for us for the fees. Before Hilton implemented their "resort fee" (for ANY exchange, including RCI via my own HGV account) it used to be cheaper, but not really any longer. They have an OGS of sorts, you just have to call or email with your requests and they get input into the system. But with anything, YMMV. I had 4 years of Interval and never getting an OGS hit/match with my deposits (had several expire useless).
It's worked out great for us. The free upgrade in unit size and nice resorts we received even with the bonus vacations has been awesome. Two of the most opulent resort exchanges , Grand Luxxe two bed unit and Vista Encantada three bed unit came from SFX. So far, we have been able to use all of our deposits and bonus weeks.

I haven't tried to exchange into Hawaii with SFX. When I asked they did have inventory but it didn't fit our schedule.

Bill
Yeah seems worth it for Mexico. Have you used their all inclusive getaways (resort escapes)? If bookable, sounds really attractive like this 5day 4 nights all inclusive for only $749. Beats RCI or II by a mile or am I missing something?

Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun
Luxury Resort $2,522
Family Resort & Fee Details
Good for 2 adults & 2 kids (ages 0-2) .Resort Fees include all food and drink, plus most onsite activities. Kids Ages 3-12 have a $40 per day rate

Promotional SFX Member Pricing:

Diamond Members:
Price:
$749 USD
($149 + $600 in resort fees)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah seems worth it for Mexico. Have you used their all inclusive getaways (resort escapes)? If bookable, sounds really attractive like this 5day 4 nights all inclusive for only $749. Beats RCI or II by a mile or am I missing something?

Luxury Resort $2,522
Good for 2 adults & 2 kids (ages 0-2) .Resort Fees include all food and drink, plus most onsite activities. Kids Ages 3-12 have a $40 per day rate

Diamond Members:
Price:
$749 USD

I haven't personally used the AI, but my sister has via my account (this is allowed for family members). She stayed at the Dreams (?) Maroma beach adults only. They added on the extra days (I forget what the cost per extra day was) but the total was 50% cheaper than anything I could find online (cheapcaribbean, booking directly, expedia, etc.)

The ONLY downsides are that it takes a while to book it. You basically email them potential dates, they have one person who is the laison between SFX and Dreams/Hyatt and Hyatt takes forever to respond. DO NOT buy plane tickets until it's booked!!!!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Luxury Resort $2,522

Diamond Members:
Price:
$749 USD

I was on the phone with SFX and they had me look at the Mexico specials. The one I liked was priced per person. The other was priced for 2 adults and 2 kids. It's a studio. For us, we don't really do AI to often and rarely use a studio but the deal that is per person is at a fantastic resort in an exclusive area which is a really good deal.

Bill

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
This week, I booked a Spring Break week Kohala 2 Bedoom (as a gifted bonus week, who knows if that will happen again) from them for $1,200 plus some fees. I went ahead and bought the 5 year deal and all in should be about the same as the MFs for the week. To me its a good enough value and its helping stop me from buying another timeshare!

I like the ongoing search and talking with someone myself.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
This week, I booked a Spring Break week Kohala 2 Bedoom (as a gifted bonus week, who knows if that will happen again) from them for $1,200 plus some fees. I went ahead and bought the 5 year deal and all in should be about the same as the MFs for the week. To me its a good enough value and its helping stop me from buying another timeshare!

I like the ongoing search and talking with someone myself.
Did you get this plan?

5-Year Plan
$599USD
auto-renews at $59/yr*

For only $200 more, you can get 5 more years and renew at $29 per year. I would choose the 10-year plan but anyway as long as it works out well it’s a great deal.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The question is, how many years does it renew at $29? Just for year 11? Then it could go higher for year 12 and beyond?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The question is, how many years does it renew at $29? Just for year 11? Then it could go higher for year 12 and beyond?
Yeah I have the same question. A bit too good to be true and a bit too desperate for SFX to get signups.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The fine print seems to indicate $29 per year indefinitely!

SFX AUTO-RENEW LOCK-IN PLAN​

Maintain your Membership Benefits at ONLY $29 USD per year*
The $29 USD /yr Lock-In plan will auto renew your SFX membership annually after the expiration of your initial SFX Membership Plan.
*SFX Preferred Resorts in compliance with Bank of America's merchant services is informing all members of the intent to store their credit card information as a "Stored Credential" that will be used to complete future transactions for the cardholder. You as the member opted in for the $29 USD Membership Lock-in Plan. SFX will store the credit card used for this transaction and charge the card each year on the same date of the membership expiration. The member will be charged the locked-in membership rate $29 USD and every year thereafter when their first initial SFX membership term ends. This charge will occur annually until member chooses to end their involvement with the program. All purchases are final and no refunds will be issued. Member can choose to opt out of the Membership Lock-in Plan at any time. Should there be any updates or changes to the agreement, all members will be notified by email, using the email address on file.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Some of their last minute deals look great. Those are usually ones I do not know how to book a different way.

The stuff they have that is available in RCI usually appears to be a better deal in RCI.

For instance, here is a current SFX listing:
IMG_3003.jpeg

The same thing can be booked as an “extra” recess in RCI ordinarily for $429.99. On “sale” now for $299.00. And you can get 10% off that is you are platinum.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you get this plan?

5-Year Plan
$599USD
auto-renews at $59/yr*

For only $200 more, you can get 5 more years and renew at $29 per year. I would choose the 10-year plan but anyway as long as it works out well it’s a great deal.

I kind of wish I did the seven year instead of the five but $500 felt right at the time.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of their last minute deals look great. Those are usually ones I do not know how to book a different way.

The stuff they have that is available in RCI usually appears to be a better deal in RCI.

For instance, here is a current SFX listing:
View attachment 94958

The same thing can be booked as an “extra” recess in RCI ordinarily for $429.99. On “sale” now for $299.00. And you can get 10% off that is you are platinum.

I scored a good hard to get winter week for 2025 with a RCI exchange. Also scored a Quarter House 2 bed unit off II on a getaway. Both were significantly higher in price than your RCI extra.

Bill