• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Four for me.
After my second try I decided I needed to break up the AI combo. My third word was simply to try to either eliminate or gather up some consonants. Even with the C coming up it still took me a minute to get the answer.
29892D8F-48C5-4995-A789-DB54B5CE8F27.png

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Five for me.

1656865792775.png

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Anyone else use random words that you don’t know are really valid words? They aren’t counted against me so I’ll test them. I am regularly surprised which “nonsense words” or words I assume are proper nouns and therefore not eligible, are actually real words. My second and third words today are examples.
Brock turns out to be a badger; spain claims to be a valid scrabble word but I see nothing to convince me it is ever used lower case.
[
03639366-3ED1-4C52-A391-49DDB301DB3F.png

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else use random words that you don’t know are really valid words? They aren’t counted against me so I’ll test them. I am regularly surprised which “nonsense words” or words I assume are proper nouns and therefore not eligible, are actually real words. My second and third words today are examples.
Brock turns out to be a badger; spain claims to be a valid scrabble word but I see nothing to convince me it is ever used lower case.
[View attachment 59459
I do try words which I don't even know if they exist to check out if any of the letters could be in the word. Sometimes, they go through as "real" words.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
5. Just happy to get it.
Wordle - The New York Times.png

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wordle 379 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜

Dave

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I couldn't come up with a word after 2 guesses. My son came up with the correct answer for 3rd guess.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Three today.

New starter word today. After guess 1, I decided to see if there were other vowels, which there weren't (skipping Y for the moment).

For guess 3, I decided to see of there might be a second E. And I had to test a new position for the S. So I though SEVER would be a good next guess for the purpose. Luck is an element - and luckily SEVER turned out correct.

1656918674777.png

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I thought my streak of threes might be cut off today, but luck persisted

1656923647726.png

Wordle 380 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Respect to you both. It took me all 6 after I was certain my 3rd guess was correct.

In celebration of our nation’s birth, I opened with PEACE this morning. I almost changed my mind because of the 2 E’s, feeling I was cheating myself out of a letter, but I stuck with it and it paid off with the E in the 2nd spot and one out of position. I’m off to a good start! With METER, I’m trying to get the 2nd E in the right position which I did, and find some consonants which I also did with the ending R. DEFER pops into my head immediately and I think that has to be it! Nope. Oh, well it must be NEVER. Uh-uh! LEVER? The Wordle gods are laughing at me now. One last chance. SEVER seems rather gory for this early but I don’t see anything else. Whew! :oops:
44543722-C51B-4437-8833-ADD7763F1497.jpeg

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phew. 6. Had the last two letters on my second try, but that left tons of possibilities. As I eliminated letters with my guesses, there was still at least one other possibility (probably more) after my sixth try. As I said, phew. Further comment in the spoiler.

I might mention that for my second try, I could have put "rarer." Wouldn't that be an awful word for Wordle - one letter used three times.

1656942764561.png

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
I'm in with the three crowd, but yesterday took 6.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phew. 6. Had the last two letters on my second try, but that left tons of possibilities.
Yep. 5 for me. You missed fever and never.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I ran out of guesses :confused:.
I ran thru all the rhymes for the answer.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Two today
Luck plays a huge role. Today I went back to my old reliable opening word.

Three letters out of position, so the next guess needs to be something that puts each of those letters into a new position. I quickly saw FIELD and YIELD as options, and I decided to go with FIELD because Fs are more valuable than Ys in elimination mode.

1657005487608.png

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
wow - a two is always special.

I broke my three streak as the possibilities for the word were wide open even with 4 letters

1657019440074.png

Wordle 381 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Nice, TR! I was happy to get it in 3 today after a few days of taking it to the lower half of the grid.

i tried a new starter word today, TREAD, and got the E and D in their correct positions. I thought the 4th letter was most likely an N, with L and another E also possibilities. I decided to go with BLEND. It eliminated the N and revealed an out of position L. FIELD seemed like the logical solution but just as I was about to hit Return, I also thought of YIELD. I hesitated but fortunately stuck with FIELD for the win.
ED7053FF-9D1D-48F1-8375-48A0957AEFFB.jpeg

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Four today. Missed by one letter on my third try. I guess I am being penalized for having negative thoughts (my third word).

1657026414335.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
a two is always special.
A two is almost always lucky. In today's word I had three out of position letters on guess 1. Since I'm in elimination mode, not solving mode, had even one of those been a green instead of a yellow, my second guess wouldn't have included that green letter, as I would be focusing on trying to get the positions of the other two letters and testing out new consonants. But because all three letters were yellow, I looked for a word that had all three letters, just in a different position.

Almost anyone doing the puzzle would prefer a guess that has one green and two yellow to one that has no green and three yellow. So in this case, I was "luckier" by having a less useful first guess.

I also didn't spend time trying to identify all of the possible words that put those three letters in a new position. I just went with the first thing that came to mind that did that purpose and still used common letters. Again, more luck. There are at least six other words that fit my criteria for a guess 2. I just hit on the one that was the answer. I guess that offsets some of the times when I plug in a word that I'm sure is the solution, only to have it be a miss.

Last edited: