• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone know the current Bluegreen point cost?

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
...when purchased from the developer? It would be useful information.

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In April we paid about $14,000 for 12K points/every other year at Big Cedar. Bought the smallest package offered and then added to them with a resale purchase. I think we got 1K bonus points that can be used next year.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I would expect that it is more than $3 per point unless you make a large purchase. For smaller packages the prices would be similar if not a little higher than Pinnacle. For large packages it will be a little lower than similar packages with Pinnacle.

xzhan02

TUG Member
Reaction score
During our June owner's review in NH, the initial offer was $4.10 per point :oops:. We got out quickly with $100 debit card and $75 restaurant credit.

CatchNRelease

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
We bought the 9000 point “sampler” at a presentation then returned for an “orientation” three weeks later and we were told 3.79/point is the “off the street price”. Eventually we were offered 8,000 annual points for 1.79/point

we ended up biting on that since pinnacle won’t even sell contracts with charter benefits for less than $2.49/point it seems

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We bought the 9000 point “sampler” at a presentation then returned for an “orientation” three weeks later and we were told 3.79/point is the “off the street price”. Eventually we were offered 8,000 annual points for 1.79/point

we ended up biting on that since pinnacle won’t even sell contracts with charter benefits for less than $2.49/point it seems
Now that you have charter benefits if you decide to add more points, buy non charted points from pinnacle or from a fellow owner. All points will be treated the same in your account.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

We're glad you're here, but (and I'm not a BY owner) there are TONS of contracts for FREE on the resale market. My understanding is that resale owners are treated the same as developer sales. Stick around TUG. Join ($15 year) if seeing reviews of thousands of resorts, and TUG without ads has value to you.

As to your (or some salesweasel's) "off the street" price, I betcha it's closer to zero.

Again. Welcome!

Jim

CatchNRelease

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
We're glad you're here, but (and I'm not a BY owner) there are TONS of contracts for FREE on the resale market. My understanding is that resale owners are treated the same as developer sales. Stick around TUG. Join ($15 year) if seeing reviews of thousands of resorts, and TUG without ads has value to you.

As to your (or some salesweasel's) "off the street" price, I betcha it's closer to zero.

Again. Welcome!

Jim
Thanks Jim,

we’ve had a half dozen resale contracts not clear ROFR so the FREE contracts don’t seem to exist anymore. And there are some major differences between resale and developer contracts. Notably the cash price for last minute reservations. Still sleeping on rescinding but I’m leaning towards keeping it if resale is nowhere to be found

CatchNRelease

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Now that you have charter benefits if you decide to add more points, buy non charted points from pinnacle or from a fellow owner. All points will be treated the same in your account.
That’s good to know, thank you!

Jbrown91

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well Platinum 270,000 points
Just went to a presentation and they said $3.75/point. Offered 20,000 at $2/point.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks Jim,

we’ve had a half dozen resale contracts not clear ROFR so the FREE contracts don’t seem to exist anymore. And there are some major differences between resale and developer contracts. Notably the cash price for last minute reservations. Still sleeping on rescinding but I’m leaning towards keeping it if resale is nowhere to be found
Welcome to TUG
The best purchase you can make - is the one you will use , that you can afford.

If Bluegreen is currently exercising ROFR - keep the developer and keep reading TUG and watching for an opportunity to add resale if / when that window reopens.
[most systems with ROFR don't seem to use it 100% of the time , year after year.]

It could also make sense to use your developer points to vacation at difficult to book BG properties like Big Cedar
and figure out alternate access to other locations.

1) exchanging
2) renting from BG owners.
3) working out "an use of points agreement"- with someone who was looking to sell BG.

As a non Bluegreen owner I am not knowledgeable on what would work best. I can tell you that TUG members wil share what they know & learn.

Last edited:

BagsRpacked

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green
Welcome to TUG
The best purchase you can make - is the one you will use , that you can afford.

If Bluegreen is currently exercising ROFR - keep the developer and keep reading TUG and watching for an opportunity to add resale if / when that window reopens.
[most systems with ROFR don't seem to use it 100% of the time , year after year.]

It could also make sense to use your developer points to vacation at difficult to book BG properties like Big Cedar
and figure out alternate access to other locations.

1) exchanging
2) renting from BG owners.
3) working out "an use of points agreement"- with someone who was looking to sell BG.

As a non Bluegreen owner I am not knowledgeable on what would work best. I can tell you that TUG members wil share what they know & learn.
I like the sound of a "use of points agreement" I think I know what that means, basically, they keep the account in their name, they trust me enough to pay them and make the reservations. I'd totally be up for that, if I found someone willing to trust me haha.