• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone interested in Live Report from Fairway Villas?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if MVW would sell this property
I don't have any inside knowledge but I could see them parting ways with this property, the rest off Vail and Legend's Edge (I own a week there) at some point as a starting point. I think they've already proven they're willing to do so including properties they built. I don't think any property is off the table if they push back at MVC management too much as we've seen both Aruba Ocean Club and Beachplace with some risk of separation in the past. Whether it'll happen is anyone's guess but the idea that any one property is too important or that something that was purpose built won't be on the cutting block is simply false IMO, esp if the BOD goes head to head with MVC.
I suppose they could but at of 2016 Marriott had conveyed about 1200 MFV weeks to the DC trust. They could keep those there and have people book into a non Marriott Vacation Club property or they could convey those weeks to someone else. As long as they had enough other unsold inventory that they didn't overallocate in the trust. Though I doubt that is an issue since they probably have at least 18 months of unsold inventory in the trust right now. The main thing is that the property is really just a profit center for Marriott Vacation Club. They earn money from management fees. They themselves don't really own any inventory there since any reacquired weeks go into the trust. The only reason they would part ways is if the BOD went rogue, but I suspect that Marriott has enough influence there that it doesn't matter. They probably vote more proxies than the rest of the ownership combined.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems that golf locations failed miserably for most timeshare developers. Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort only has three buildings completed. MCVI never completed Villas at Doral and finally unloaded the remaining land where other buildings were supposed to be. They seemed to start building these as golf was on the decline.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, MFV still has some buildable locations on the property. If Marriott were to part with the property to someone else then who's to say that they can't (or won't) construct year 'round condominiums or apartments in those undeveloped locations ?

Any unbuilt and undeclared property would be independent of the timeshare. Just like others like Harbour Lake and Legend's Edge where there were additional components that were planned that have been disposed of. I think for HL they sold off the land, for LE they built a Marriott full residence condo rather than a 3rd LE building.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Any unbuilt and undeclared property would be independent of the timeshare. Just like others like Harbour Lake and Legend's Edge where there were additional components that were planned that have been disposed of. I think for HL they sold off the land, for LE they built a Marriott full residence condo rather than a 3rd LE building.
The land at Harbour Lake was sold but the deal fell through after the FDOT came through to take a bunch of frontage along I4 via eminent domain. I suspect Marriott Vacations Worldwide is trying to market that land out again. They did sell off the remaining land that was at Sheraton Vistana Villages. That third building at LE did become a Grand Residence, but I beleive it left Marriott management years ago. I think the problem they may have at MFV could be similar to what is at Lakeshore Reserve. The land is somewhat landlocked inside the larger overall property.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The land at Harbour Lake was sold but the deal fell through after the FDOT came through to take a bunch of frontage along I4 via eminent domain. I suspect Marriott Vacations Worldwide is trying to market that land out again. They did sell off the remaining land that was at Sheraton Vistana Villages. That third building at LE did become a Grand Residence, but I beleive it left Marriott management years ago. I think the problem they may have at MFV could be similar to what is at Lakeshore Reserve. The land is somewhat landlocked inside the larger overall property.
There may be challenges but you can rest assured they have potential outs for each possible roadblock. When I get a chance I'll have to look at the POS to see what those are in the trust.

DisneyJen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Aruba - Divi Village (1 fixed week) and The Links (2 fixed weeks); Disney Vacation Club (Points) Home Resort - BoardWalk Villas, and Bluegreen - (Points).
How was the internet/wifi for work during the week?

DH has been using the internet/wifi all week for video meetings, phone calls, emails etc. and, knock on wood, no problems.

DisneyJen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Aruba - Divi Village (1 fixed week) and The Links (2 fixed weeks); Disney Vacation Club (Points) Home Resort - BoardWalk Villas, and Bluegreen - (Points).
While DH is busy on a call I thought I'd do a little catching up on the thread.

The resort is starting to become a bit busier today. It's still relatively quiet which is just fine with us.

Our oven starting continuously beeping Tuesday night around 9 p.m. I had used it earlier in the evening to prepare dinner and it worked just fine.

An engineer was sent up and worked on it for about an hour before DH sent him away as we had to be out of the villa while the engineer was in the villa (new COVID regulation) and it was cold on our balcony! The engineer turned off the breaker and offered to return to fix the oven the next day. DH told him it could wait until we check out on Saturday.

Last night we enjoyed sitting around the firepit and enjoying an adult beverage. There were people around but everyone seemed to be socially distancing. Dinner was delivery from Primo's ... an Italian hoagie and a cheese steak! Delivery was prompt and the sandwiches were very good!

(EDUCATION AND RANT MODE ON ... ):

This is no way was Marriott's fault as there are limitations under the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) about questions that a business can ask a person about their service dog.

I had a bit of an incident yesterday afternoon while out walking with my service dog. My dog wears his "Service Dog" harness and is on leash when we are in public and he is working.

It was beautiful day and we were taking a walk around the property. As we neared the firepit area a dog started barking and growling at us. As he is trained, my dog ignored the distraction and we kept walking. The barking dog was being held by a person sitting around the fire pit. Next thing I know the dog charges us, barking, growling and trying to bite me and or my dog. My dog ignored the distraction and we tried to keep walking but the other dog kept circling us.

The owner kept calling the dog's name and telling it to stop. The dog ignored both commands ... obviously not a trained service animal. Perhaps an emotional support animal which is not covered by the ADA. The owner tried to catch the dog and finally did. The owner said it has escaped its harness and they were sorry.

I was so shaken I didn't respond but kept walking.

I didn't report the issue to the front desk as I don't think there is anything they could have done about the situation.

People who have dogs that aren't well-mannered, under control and, most importantly, well trained do not have the rights I am afforded under the ADA.

Please let us all be respectful of each other.

(RANT OFF)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should report it.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
I just replied on the pet post, but yes, report it.

DisneyJen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you everyone for the support and understanding on my rant.

DH agrees that I should have reported it but he thinks I should have done it right after it happened.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
It’s not too late to report.

DisneyJen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last night we talked with the on duty manager about the positives and negatives we have had during this visit including the oven and dog situations.

He was very apologetic and kept offering to send us a bottle of wine to make it right. We explained we didn't want anything ... just for the team to know what our guest experience was like this visit.

We ordered dinner from Romanelli's Garden Cafe. It was delivered promptly and was very good.