• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone heard of Exclusive Property Management?

fkv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was approached by Exclusive Property Mangement in San Francisco with an offer to purchase my TS. They will take 6% of proceeds. Any thoughts out there? THanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
My guess is that they will charge you some kind of upfront fee, and then never sell your TS. NEVER pay an upfront fee!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was approached by Exclusive Property Mangement in San Francisco with an offer to purchase my TS. They will take 6% of proceeds. Any thoughts out there? THanks

I'm a little confused. If they want to purchase your timeshare, why would they take 6% of the proceeds? Why not just tell them to knock 6% off of the sale price?

Or are they allegedly representing someone who is allegedly interested in buying your timeshare? If that's the case, then most legitimate brokers will ask for much more than 6% of the proceeds. They charge a minimum $1000 or 15% (whichever is greater). Oh, and also they have to be licensed real estate brokers to broker a deal like this. Ask for their real estate license info before proceeding with them.

And what was the offer price? If it's far greater than market value, then this is leaning towards a scam.

funican

Reaction score
I was also approached by EPM. Looking for references

Has anyone on this thread ever completed a transaction with Exclusive Property Management? They are offering to buy my timeshare. However, seems suspicious. Same offer mentioned above (offer was above market value, 6% commission, no explicit buyer named). Seems too good to be true.

Any feedback on experiences would be greatly appreciated.

-Anthony

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they ask for any $ before you get yours from them it is scam material. Do you have your ts listed for sale somewhere? If not scam material again.

Has anyone on this thread ever completed a transaction with Exclusive Property Management? They are offering to buy my timeshare. However, seems suspicious. Same offer mentioned above (offer was above market value, 6% commission, no explicit buyer named). Seems too good to be true.

Any feedback on experiences would be greatly appreciated.

-Anthony

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call their bluff...

...Exclusive Property Management? They are offering to buy my timeshare. However, seems suspicious. Same offer mentioned above (offer was above market value, 6% commission, no explicit buyer named). Seems too good to be true.

Whoever these heretofore unknown parasites might be, rest completely assured that they are not going to buy your timeshare --- not now, not later, not ever.

If you want to see them suddenly disappear, just offer to pay them a 12% or 18% commission (two or three times their requested commission) --- but which they can (i.e., must) deduct from your proceeds check. When it becomes sufficiently clear to these unknown parasites that you are not willing to pay them any upfront money (not one red cent) for bogus, imaginary "services" ("title search" is a popular one, as well as non-existent "pre-paid taxes", or some other such lame nonsense), they will immediately disappear faster than you can even wave "Goodbye" to them! :hi:

Their one and only game is to take your money --- it's certainly not to buy your timeshare. You are wise to be suspicious; it sounds too good to be true and it most certainly isn't true. Congratulations on being smart and not falling prey to these thieving parasites (or to any others of their same slimy ilk). :clap:

Last edited:

belldon

Reaction score
Has anyone on this thread ever work with Foreign Embassies on finding stable, long-term tenants? What other information should I know about renting to foreign clientele?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on this thread ever work with Foreign Embassies on finding stable, long-term tenants? What other information should I know about renting to foreign clientele?

I noticed you capitalized "Foreign Embassies" likely meaning that it's the name of a company and not just a generic business.

Did this company call you out of the blue claiming that it can rent out (or sell) your TS for an obscenely high amount of money? If so, then those are two hallmarks of a scam. As for renting to foreign clientele, I suggest you read the stickie at the top of this page about how to rent your timeshare.