• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone heard of 3RD HOME through Hacienda Encantada in Cabo?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bought into Hacienda Encantada program. Residential Fractional ownership. No required maintain economic fees. Buy back a few weeks per year for 7 years. On and on can 3 months in studio very large for 4200.00. Something I really liked was they will take 8 contracts from another Mexican Resort that has steep yearly maintance fees required and guarantee me sale. This would cost me 927.00 for all 8 contract total to get rid of this is at least 11,000.00 in required maintenance fees per year. Name of that company is International Equity Resale. Everything is very inflated on paper, but getting rid of the contracts without trying to sell for nothing and transfer or just dump.
I'm very aware of saying if it's too good to be true it probably is. If anyone has bought this program let me please know.
Never fear have 5 days to rescind, but would appreciate any information anyone has.
Thanks

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
We purchased a 1 bedroom at HE in May but did not opt for the trade in deal and requested a straight forward price and purchase that did include 1 week a year of the PTC program (you can turn in one week a year for 7 years and earn your MF back plus 100%). The PTC program may or may not be real as I've not deposited into it yet. Everything else our salesman presented was real.

From my experience the trade in deals are a shell game as they inflate the price of the package and then offer you equity for your contracts. You can get as good or maybe a better deal making a straight forward purchase and doing the work of disposing of the unwanted contracts yourself. You also don't have to worry that the contracts do in fact get sold and transferred. You probably signed (we did) paperwork that HE has no responsibility for the legitimacy of PTC or the buyback program but is in fact a marketing company program not part of HE.

In our case we are happy with what we bought and we sold or leased the contracts we longer wanted on TUG and to other owners we've met.
The rebuyers on TUG are happy and the fellow owners are happy knowing exactly what they are getting and no one gets in the middle to add cost and we know the transfers are completed.

BTW some resorts will also allow you to turn in unwanted contracts for free as long as you are current with you MFs and paid in full.

If you want someone else to do the work for you it will most likely cost you more and it might not get done. If you have that many contracts already then maybe you should proceed with caution.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mexico Timeshare

Thanks for the Answer. I think I might have hit my head when I feel down at Baja Cantina the nite before I know better, but I have never heard of this program. You know the old saying if you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig. See you own at Cabo Villas also. Me too. I'm here right now. Sounds like there is going to be a bunch of construction here in the next few years.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm very aware of saying if it's too good to be true it probably is. If anyone has bought this program let me please know.
Never fear have 5 days to rescind, but would appreciate any information anyone has.
Thanks
Rescind while you still can. Once the five days pass, you won't be able to. The deal will still be there if you still want it after you've done more research and fully understand what you are buying.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too good

Yes and run away as fast as you can. Recind quickly, quickly
rapido rapido

Last edited:

stodgman

Reaction score
Third Home Looks Great

We signed a purchase agreement and then rescinded. Part of our deal included thirdhome.com It looked great and I was able to logon and peek at their inventory. As usual, the devil is in the details so, since we did not actually use it we cannot say whether it is truly awesome or not.