• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone hear of Top Rated Logistics Group for renting timeshare Getaways [ SCAM ]

cellman54

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Colonies At Williamsburg
I received an unsolicited call from Top Rated Logistics Group (TRLG) To rent my timeshare using my Interval International Getaways. I can rent my 4 to 6 Getaways for $399.00 each, I pay this membership fee upfront and I will receive $1800.00 per Getaway rented. Supposedly they are used by Travelocity and others (Google Top Rated Logistics Group), mainly for corporate businesses. It is odd that they only mention the Getaway rental scheme over the phone, nothing online or via emails.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fact that you "received an unsolicited call" coupled with an offer that's too good to be true over 99% of the time spells out a scam. Add to that that "[you] pay this membership fee upfront" and that definitely equals a scam.

But, seeing that you joined nearly 12 years ago, you should be well aware of the signs of a scam.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's an unsolicited call then there is almost 100% chance that this is a scam designed to lighten your assets (membership fee upfront). I would stay away.

DRIless

Reaction score
RUN, Forrest, RUN
RUN, Forrest, RUN

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This is an old scam. This could either be an outright scam or it could be a company that charges an arm and a leg to simply put a timeshare ad on their very poor website that gets no traffic. These companies often lie through their teeth just to get someone to pay them the upfront fee. Of course you are not getting any rentals for your getaway weeks, that is the lie. RCI and Interval do not allow one to rent getaway weeks.

In looking at this website it looks like it might be an advertising company but I see no timeshares for sale or rent (usually at astronomical prices). It may be that I am on the mobile version. Of course, another common theme is to open and close shop quickly after fleecing money from victims and then start over. Note that their website is only a few months old (created September 2020).

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Let's see:

1. They contacted you first.
2. They want an upfront fee.
3. They want you to break Interval's rule against renting Getaways.
4. They discuss #3 by phone but don't want to put that in writing.
5. The offer is too good to be true.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
So many scams but only one punchline.

"Send us the fee, then we'll send you the money"

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I looked at the website on a desktop. This looks to be an advertising listing company. They have to lie about having renters already lined up to get the "advertising fee". They also lie that they are bringing renters and companies together. Companies as a general rule do not rent timeshares, especially so now when companies are not sending employees to resorts for large conventions.

From their webpage:
"Top Rated Logistics Group (“TRLG”) is a full service marketing company that uses several different marketing techniques to bring renters and companies together. TRLG provides a service to timeshare owners who wish to rent out their timeshare properties to corporate clients generating profits on their unused time. With Top Rated Logistics Group all fees are due upon activation of services."

The funny thing is, the only place to actually see a timeshare ad is by clicking on a small obscure search box at the very bottom of the webpage. The rest of the website is all glitter in trying to get a timeshare owner convinced this is a legit website. Oh, and you can happily rent a Westgate timeshare for their lowest price of $1,800 per week.

They are not in business to provide a valuable service to timeshare owners looking to sell or rent. They are in business to steal money by duping timeshare owners. They spend 95% of their money cold calling and lying and 5% in creating a throwaway website.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
These guys are getting VERY busy...this is the third thread in a month posted with the same exact story.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I received an unsolicited call from Top Rated Logistics Group (TRLG) To rent my timeshare using my Interval International Getaways. I can rent my 4 to 6 Getaways for $399.00 each, I pay this membership fee upfront and I will receive $1800.00 per Getaway rented. Supposedly they are used by Travelocity and others (Google Top Rated Logistics Group), mainly for corporate businesses. It is odd that they only mention the Getaway rental scheme over the phone, nothing online or via emails.

II is very accommodating when it comes to questions from TUGgers, with contact info and a link in this TUG thread: Interval International provides direct email for TUG member support

Considering that their official rules prohibit renting out exchanges and Getaways, even if it's only to recoup your fees, I'd guess that they'll tell you it's a scam, too.

BigJim

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI, Big Cedar Lodge, Wyndham
Man, thank you so much for putting this out there. I'm brand new and I completely bought it hook line and sinker. I just signed the contract today and paid for the 6 weeks and then found this. The contract says you have 10 days to cancel and I turned around and sent the appropriate email and canceled this membership before it fully got started. I'm so thankful I looked this up and researched it because after 10 days I would have just lost out. Thanks for the post peeps I truly appreciate it !

Reactions: RX8

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you gave them your credit card number, you may not be out of the woods yet - call your credit card provider immediately and dispute the charge.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Man, thank you so much for putting this out there. I'm brand new and I completely bought it hook line and sinker. I just signed the contract today and paid for the 6 weeks and then found this. The contract says you have 10 days to cancel and I turned around and sent the appropriate email and canceled this membership before it fully got started. I'm so thankful I looked this up and researched it because after 10 days I would have just lost out. Thanks for the post peeps I truly appreciate it !
How did you pay?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I used to tell the logisticians I worked with that logistics was just a fancy term for trucks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do we think a scammer will honor a 10 day rescission and provide a refund?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

What, you don’t trust them? Agree with Denise, dispute the charge asap. Hopefully the poster paid via credit card.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Would they even have to consider doing so, now having a signed contract in their possession, but apparently only an email message as a rescission attempt?

I’m not a gambler by nature and would not bet on that money being recovered. A credit card dispute might ultimately prevail, but a signed contract exists and, if valid, can be easily presented by those parasites to fight any dispute of that charge.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Would they even have to consider doing so, having a signed contract from in their possession, but apparently only an email message as a faux rescission?

I’m not a gambler by nature and would not bet on that money being recovered. A credit card dispute might prevail, but a signed contract exists and can be easily presented to counter any dispute of that charge.
According to post #11, a right to cancel is provided in the contract.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to post #11, a right to cancel is provided in the contract.

Understood. My point was to question whether a mere email message was / is adequate to rescind a written, signed contract. Perhaps so, but just color me dubious.
Of course, if these are hard core scammers of ill intent from the git go and using a ginned up "DIY contract”, legal details may be of no real concern to them anyhow.

Last edited: