• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone hear of Sunrise Financial LLC offering to rent out your Vidanta weeks?

jimkeyl56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence K'annapali Hawaii
Grand Luxxe Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
Sunrise approached me and offered around $7,000 for 2 weeks that I have for my Vidanta Resort in Mexico and wondered if anyone dealt with them before and if they are legitimate.

thanks
Jim

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been a rash of scam attempts with Vidanta lately. They will most surely ask for some fee upfront. They will keep adding fees until you balk and then they will disappear.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a common scam: After they have you good and hooked, they are going to get you to pay a fee, and then disappear with the money.

They will probably tell you that your payment will go into an escrow account with a prominent company and be refunded to you after the sale, but it won't - they will give you wiring instructions to send it out of the country, and you will have no recourse to recover it. DON'T DO IT!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Sunrise approached me and offered around $7,000 for 2 weeks that I have for my Vidanta Resort ....

thanks
Jim

They contacted you = SCAM / 100% guaranteed

Vidanta sent emails warning members about rental & purchase scams this week .

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vidanta sent emails warning members about rental & purchase scams this week .

That's great news. Hopefully more and more resorts and TS companies will do the same thing. And I hope that these warning letters spell out in detail very clearly how these scams work. Unfortunately, I believe that I am hoping for too much for two reasons. First, the resorts might have to field a whole bunch of questions from owners like "How do these scammers get my phone number and ownership info?" Then the resort would likely have to admit that it is probably an employee selling the info on the side.

The second is that the letter would have to reveal an ugly truth. The TS that the owner paid tens of thousands of dollars for is now worth somewhere around zero dollars on the resale market. Yeah, that's right. The interval that the sales person promised you would hold or increase in value has dropped significantly.

jimkeyl56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence K'annapali Hawaii
Grand Luxxe Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
Thank you. I often wonder how they get several people who sound very nice and are so cooperative and know about the vacation rentals and all of them are in on the scam.. How can they sleep at night? How can they do this with a straight face.
J