• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone have any Wyndham/RCI points expiring 2/2024?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to figure out how to book an RCI resort that has 1in 2 year restrictions. I’m blocked out on my account till 2025. If someone has any ideas let me know. Private message me.
If this belongs on a different forum moderators feel free to move it.

Thanks All

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
I need to figure out how to book an RCI resort that has 1in 2 year restrictions. I’m blocked out on my account till 2025. If someone has any ideas let me know. Private message me.
If this belongs on a different forum moderators feel free to move it.

Thanks All
Is the resort available on a rental website like RedWeek, go- Koala, Travelocity, booking.com etc? If you have points left over, you can rent one of your reservations and use the proceeds to pay for your reservation. Or is there another TUGger who owns that resort who would be willing to trade or rent to you cheap?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
which resort? Some resorts have a token 1 in x, and you can probably get around. Others are very strict and you likely won't find a way around.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the resort available on a rental website like RedWeek, go- Koala, Travelocity, booking.com etc? If you have points left over, you can rent one of your reservations and use the proceeds to pay for your reservation. Or is there another TUGger who owns that resort who would be willing to trade or rent to you cheap?
It’s not about the points. Which you can’t rent Wyndham reservation nor RCI exchanges nor Interval exchanges because it’s against the rules.
I actually own 13 contracts at the resort I’m looking for Through RCI. The problem is the Sunset resort reservation system tells me everything for Jan-Mar is booked and nothing is available. Even though I have 4 paid maintenance fees waiting to be used. I watch RCI all year long waiting for certain resorts to do their bank deposits. Yesterday the resort I wanted showed up. Even with the exchange fee and guest confirmation and cost of the Wyndham points it’s still cheaper then my maintenance fees. It’s a long sad story of a great resort that the corporate branch sucks.

It would help me out and another Wyndham RCI owner could use there points instead of letting them expire. I’d either pay for the points, exchange fee, guest confirmation or trade some other resort week I have for the exchange. Breaking no rules or restrictions.