• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone have a Marriott Maui 2012 Mug to sell?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to 11 days and I'm wondering if anyone have a Marriott Maui 2012 Mug to sell from a recent trip? Its a shot in the dark I know as its so early in the season but I figured it was worth a shot. Nothing on ebay.

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
jumping out, who knew?

They are plastic mugs that now retail for 34.99 plus tax, may be used for refills of soda, tea, coffee until Jan 15 2013.

I still use my 2002 mugs all the time, I think they were 19.99 then.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just speaking of this on Disboards would be like declaring all out war. These types of threads usually end in a bunch of name calling and then a moderator locking it in disgust. Glad it doesn't garner the same reaction around here. Though having that little popcorn eating smiley like they have at Disboards would be handy.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Disboards?
2012 Marriott mugs?
:shrug:
I'm guessing the 2012 Marriott mug is a refillable drink cup? If so, the topic of re-using refillable drink mugs is a very "hot topic" in the Disney circles (disboards). From what I understand, a Disney refillable mug is intended for only the length-of-stay when purchased. It is NOT intended to be brought back and reused. I know nothing of the intentions for Marriott mugs.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
jumping out, who knew?

They are plastic mugs that now retail for 34.99 plus tax, may be used for refills of soda, tea, coffee until Jan 15 2013.

I still use my 2002 mugs all the time, I think they were 19.99 then.

Do you use the mug when you are there????

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually can't believe someone would actually want to use someone else's used cup just to get free soda. I don't feel outrage. I fell pity.

Why don't you just buy one when you get there? Heck, buy one for every member of your family. Are you that hard up that you need to steal from the resort?

Wow, what happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you use the mug when you are there????

No, I use them at home because they are a good size (later years are now smaller) and have a secure lid, though I have recently changed over to Tervis tumblers.

I did bring one back a following year during an ice water and lemon phase and only used them for water. I got scolded one day when an attendant thought I was going to fill with soda, they do enforce the year of the mug.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I'm sensing a pattern, started with the lounge chairs.

If we're going to follow the disboards* craziness to a T, somebody now has to come in here and explain in bullet point-style how the resorts actually make money on the refillable mugs because it costs pennies a cup for the syrup blah-blah-blah ...

And then somebody else needs to come in here and correlate the folks who re-use refillable mugs with the folks who pack seventeen people in a 2BR and break every fire code imaginable, plus ruin their neighbors' vacation.

From there we move on to exactly who is entitled to stand on the beach and watch the fireworks, which guests are entitled to any discounts and more importantly - which guests are NOT, what food has acceptable odors so that you don't cook something offensive to your neighbors, and so on and so on ...

Only THEN can a moderator come in and chastise the whole bunch of us for once more engaging in the arguments that never end, and "gently" direct us to the stickies that were made a long time ago to prevent these sorts of threads from happening in the first place. If the mods are feeling particularly put out, they may also indiscriminately ban us.

And yes, we need lots of popcorn-eating smilies along with the happy, sad, wink, rolls eyes and surprise ones.

*disboards = disboards.com, which is the biggest online site for anything related to Disney. The DVC (Disney timeshare) boards have to be read to be believed.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I actually can't believe someone would actually want to use someone else's used cup just to get free soda. I don't feel outrage. I fell pity.

Why don't you just buy one when you get there? Heck, buy one for every member of your family. Are you that hard up that you need to steal from the resort?

wow- I'm surprised at the animosity. Come on- let's place nice.

"using someone else's cup..."- you make it sound so unsanitary. Ever eat out?- you're "using someone else's cup" there too.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point

If we're going to follow the disboards* craziness to a T, somebody now has to come in here and explain in bullet point-style how the resorts actually make money on the refillable mugs because it costs pennies a cup for the syrup blah-blah-blah ...

And then somebody else needs to come in here and correlate the folks who re-use refillable mugs with the folks who pack seventeen people in a 2BR and break every fire code imaginable, plus ruin their neighbors' vacation.

From there we move on to exactly who is entitled to stand on the beach and watch the fireworks, which guests are entitled to any discounts and more importantly - which guests are NOT, what food has acceptable odors so that you don't cook something offensive to your neighbors, and so on and so on ...

Only THEN can a moderator come in and chastise the whole bunch of us for once more engaging in the arguments that never end, and "gently" direct us to the stickies that were made a long time ago to prevent these sorts of threads from happening in the first place. If the mods are feeling particularly put out, they may also indiscriminately ban us.

And yes, we need lots of popcorn-eating smilies along with the happy, sad, wink, rolls eyes and surprise ones.

*disboards = disboards.com, which is the biggest online site for anything related to Disney. The DVC (Disney timeshare) boards have to be read to be believed.

My thoughts exactly! Please do not let this board spiral down to that!

Ray

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

:rofl: :rofl:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Boca be honest with me do you really feel that way or do you just like stirring up the pot?

Because if you do really feel that way I truly feel sorry for you that you have such a negative outlook on life.

Do you know for certain that its against the rules? If you do then I'd have alittle more respect for you because at least I could attribute it to just being overly pious. However if your just spouting off to hear yourself talk then that is sad and you should just save it.

And just so you know I plan on reselling the used one I buy also.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Boca be honest with me do you really feel that way or do you just like stirring up the pot?

Because if you do really feel that way I truly feel sorry for you that you have such a negative outlook on life.

Do you know for certain that its against the rules? If you do then I'd have alittle more respect for you because at least I could attribute it to just being overly pious. However if your just spouting off to hear yourself talk then that is sad and you should just save it.

And just so you know I plan on reselling the used one I buy also.

Oh, Boca's just mad because, "Marriott sucks." Don't let him get to you.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Believe me I don't. I always have a big smile on my face when dealing with the anti-Marriott folks because I know what I know and that is our Marriott ownership has been the best thing I ever did for my family so I just chuckle when they try to challenge me on Marriott.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

You got it spot on :D

While I don't agree with how BocaBum came across, I do agree with the message overall. So the mugs are expensive ($34.99 :eek: ). Much better than the Disney mugs at $12.99. Imagine what those Disboard people would say if the Disney resort mugs cost that much.

I don't think I would want to buy and use someone else's mug. Nothing against anyone, but the thought of using a mug ,even as clean as could be, wouldn't appeal to me. Perhaps one could buy one from someone for $10 or $15, but still at that price, the value isn't really there for us. We could buy a lot of soda at the grocery store (don't drink coffee), for that much money times two people.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I don't think I would want to buy and use someone else's mug. Nothing against anyone, but the thought of using a mug ,even as clean as could be, wouldn't appeal to me.

I have never bought one of the refillable mugs from someone, but I have never understood this point. I do not understand the difference between buying a used mug, washing/sterilizing it and going to a restaurant and drinking out of cups/glasses/mugs that HUNDREDS of other people have used.

I just to not see the difference. :shrug: But that said to each their own.

Ray

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have never bought one of the refillable mugs from someone, but I have never understood this point. I do not understand the difference between buying a used mug, washing/sterilizing it and going to a restaurant and drinking out of cups/glasses/mugs that HUNDREDS of other people have used.

I just to not see the difference. :shrug: But that said to each their own.

Ray

A good point. Though a glass at a restaurant is a simple container made of a pretty non-porous material. These mugs at the resorts usually have intricacies that hold the lid on and in and around the hole that the straw goes in. There is also sometimes a two part lid that allows the hole to be closed and water can get trapped between the two pieces and the lid.

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
About this mug-- platinum freebie

We were just at MOC. As always at check in Platinum members are given a choice of some premiums--some points, cabana for a day, half bottle of wine etc. One of the premiums was a free MOC mug and the option to buy additional ones for $25.
We took that choice because it was the most valuable.
Assuming you are platinum, you can get your own mug.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going to 11 days and I'm wondering if anyone have a Marriott Maui 2012 Mug to sell from a recent trip? Its a shot in the dark I know as its so early in the season but I figured it was worth a shot. Nothing on ebay.

Huh. Strange request. Very strange. Maybe this should be on the Hawaii request board with the chairs and boogie boards.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were just at MOC. As always at check in Platinum members are given a choice of some premiums--some points, cabana for a day, half bottle of wine etc. One of the premiums was a free MOC mug and the option to buy additional ones for $25.
We took that choice because it was the most valuable.
Assuming you are platinum, you can get your own mug.

I thought with timeshare stays Plats don't have a choice of items, can only get the 500 MR Points?

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually it is 500 points. But the check in person at MOC showed us a card that had a list of about 5 different options. For sure one was free cabana, but it said "based on availablity". Since DH drinks lots and lots of diet pop we knew the mug was a good choice. It seemed smaller than previous years.

(Our check in date was Jan 16) Could it have made a difference because we were staying on DC points?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now we've finally settled into a conversation that I can sink my teeth into. St Thomas is much better than any of the Hawaii resorts because,

A. All the rooms have Ocean View

and

B. The mugs are only $19.99

and

C. Cape Air doesn't fly to Hawaii

and

D. They don't sell those silly shirts with flowers on them in St Thomas

and

E. When you get off the plane in St Thomas they give you free shots of Cruzan Rum, not some goofy flower necklace

Top that you wimpy Aloha lovers.