• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone going to CUN?

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
I am there 3/14 - 3/21, Royal Islander. However, our airfare is extremely high right now from Los Angeles... (almost $700). How about yours?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are there now, and returning feb 29 to mar 21. Two weeks at Lagunamar and not sure on the 3rd week yet

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Oh wow! I see you own at Lagunamar. Lucky you! And how much was your airfare this time?? (are you in Ontario, Canada, or Ontario, CA?)

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Did you do any good activities while you were there?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
SHG, I had to take 2 different airlines one-way to escape high prices...And don't 4get the baggage cost

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
We are there now, and returning feb 29 to mar 21. Two weeks at Lagunamar and not sure on the 3rd week yet

I plan on visiting Lagunamar after Marriott integrates the timeshare systems. I understand it’s nice. How is the one in Los Cabo’s. Is it also nice?

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice!! Have a great time!!!

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh wow! I see you own at Lagunamar. Lucky you! And how much was your airfare this time?? (are you in Ontario, Canada, or Ontario, CA?)
We are in Canada. We bought all our weeks resale. We plan a year in advance and airfare was approx $500 this year

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I plan on visiting Lagunamar after Marriott integrates the timeshare systems. I understand it’s nice. How is the one in Los Cabo’s. Is it also nice?
We haven't been to Westin los Cabos yet. It's nice from what we have seen and heard from others. It is located on the corridor so you would likely need a car.
We like the Cancun location much better, since you can walk to many restaurants and a grocery store. Or take the bus to others

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
OK, how about a couple of details... I know that you can get a shuttle from airport through the Islander at a reasonable price.... How about groceries?? What is the best place to shop??

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Islander has convenient store that has eggs, bacon, bread, beer, milk, coffee, etc etc....Pretty well equipped..If u need a large market, try Soriana's;;;;;KM 13 or so....Near Royal Sands (sister resort)

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
T
OK, how about a couple of details... I know that you can get a shuttle from airport through the Islander at a reasonable price.... How about groceries?? What is the best place to shop??
The shuttle from Royals is $22 ish return per person. If you have 3 or more people you can book a private shuttle from many companies for $55 to $65 which would be cheaper. They will also do a grocery stop for around $30. Sorianna is ok, but we prefer Selecto. You can take the bus to either one and a taxi or maybe Uber back, if you don't go as part of your airport trip.
The Royal market is also fine but more expensive and less selection

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
The shuttle is Thomas More $22US round trip per person...They have a kiosk at Islander..Cost for delivery at Soriana is $30 pesos; not US dollars

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
The shuttle is Thomas More $22US round Okitrip per person...They have a kiosk at Islander..Cost for delivery at Soriana is $30 pesos; not US dollars
I have never had delivery from there. Do you just ask at the checkout?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
byloe,NO....Make sure u let them know u want delivery b4 u start shopping at Entry.. Another thing to remember ; Can't buy beer/booze b4 11am (new law).....FYI-- Hard to find someone that speaks English..

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Travel by bus, is easy and cheap, taxis are expensive and uber are not allowed in turistic zone.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Hmm, sounds like a shuttle from airport to resort (~$45 US) to check in and unload. Then the bus to Soriana (~$4 US), (I don't know where Selecto market is?). Then a taxi back to hotel with groceries ($15 US). Total of ~$65 US... How much to rent a car one way for a single day??

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
SHG, Shuttle from airport is $22US round trip..Bus ride anywhere in HZ is about 69 cents US..Don't take taxi back to resort when grocery shopping. Take bus and pay 30 pesos for delivery..
This doesn't have to be done on the day u arrive. Relax and have something to eat and drink..Go to Islander convenient store and pick up necessities. Shop next day

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
SHG.....Every cabbie and bus driver knows where everything is in HZ.....Just tell them where u wanna go

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Carta, I like the way you think!!! So I can grocery shop and then have the store deliver the groceries for 30 pesos??? That is very convenient and cheap! Thanks

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
SHG, Yes, dirt cheap...Couple times a guy delivered via motorcycle ... MC has cooler on back.... I tipped him well