• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone Getting II Exchanges for Park City This Winter?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using Hyatt points I have an ongoing search for both Marriotts and the Westgate in Park City for the end of February/beginning of March 2021. Any size unit. My request was placed in February 2020.

I have not matched nor have I seen any Park City Marriotts of any size in II for any January through March ski dates. And nothing for the Westgate.

I see plenty of ski dates for the Timber Lodge. But none for Park City. Good dates have been released a couple of times in II for the Timber Lodge a few months back.

Has anyone matched an II exchange for Park City this Winter? Is there availability in the DP program for skiing dates?

I have a backup hotel and additional days at the Worldmark booked. I don’t want to wait until the last minute but I’m thinking I may not get a match or get one at less than 60 days.

I placed my Park City 2022 exchange request using my EEE points last month.

If only the Hyatt Residence Club had happened as it was supposed to happen in Park City I would have more opportunities to book.

TIA.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In II, Marriott resorts have a preference period so they can only be seen and booked exclusively by other Marriott owners for almost a month. As a result, you will only be able to see Marriott weeks in Park City after they have moved out of the preference period so this means that only the few weeks that Marriott owners didn't want ultimately become available to non-Marriott owners. Moreover there has been very few ski week deposits at Park City by Marriott and all the good weeks are going to be picked up by ongoing searches by Marriott owners. That said, there have been recent bulk deposits by Marriott at both Vail and Breckenridge. Some of these make it through the Marriott preference period so they can be exchanged by non-Marriott owners. For Park City, your best bet is to wait until the flexchange period when people cancel reservations at the last minute and hope that you can get lucky. Good luck!

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Marriott preference and I did get a 2 bedroom at Summit Watch for early February soon after I placed my request a few months ago. This was actually the first time I got a 2 bedroom for a 1 bedroom deposit and just paid the $99 upgrade fee.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the early skiing in December. I got 2 Marriott Mountainside units for the week of 12/13- 12/20 exchanging with my Vacation Village at Williamsburg units,

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I matched this week for two separate one bedroom units at the Westgate Park City at the end of February. I got one small unit with limited kitchen and one with a full kitchen. It works for my ski group. I have eplus so I will continue looking for the Marriotts but I’m fine with the Westgate.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I matched this week for two separate one bedroom units at the Westgate Park City at the end of February. I got one small unit with limited kitchen and one with a full kitchen. It works for my ski group. I have eplus so I will continue looking for the Marriotts but I’m fine with the Westgate.

I ended up with a week at Summit Watch in a two bedroom unit February 27-March 6. I used eplus on one of the Westgate units within 60 days of check in to get the Marriott. Because I was using Hyatt points I had to pay full points. But it was worth it.

From there I had five nights at WM Park City. My last three days skiing were powder days.

I also used three hotel nights. I skied 14 out of 15 days. One of those days was at Snowbasin.

Next season I have 11 nights at the WM Park City already booked. Already looking forward to it.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From there I had five nights at WM Park City. My last three days skiing were powder days.

Next season I have 11 nights at the WM Park City already booked. Already looking forward to it.

Good to hear that you were able to get what you wanted. I heard that the snow was great at the end-Feb in Park City and surrounding area

How were you able to get the nights at WM Park City in both seasons. Whenever I try, Park City rooms disappear within seconds of their 13 month 9am reservation opening. Do you use a wait list?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that you were able to get what you wanted. I heard that the snow was great at the end-Feb in Park City and surrounding area

How were you able to get the nights at WM Park City in both seasons. Whenever I try, Park City rooms disappear within seconds of their 13 month 9am reservation opening. Do you use a wait list?
Wait list but mainly constant checking.

Most of the units disappear the day before I am able to book at 13 months. I just got in the habit of looking several times a day.

I wish the high credit accounts didn’t work the system to get the weekends they want to rent. I’m happy with Sunday-Friday reservations.

For next season I have a one day gap that I’m trying to fill. But that 12th night may not be possible. It’s a Friday. So I have a back up hotel reservation. I may end up using a Hilton free night certificate and treat myself to the Waldorf across the street. But it’s not bookable now.

The snow was very good at the end of February but the powder days of mid March were better. We did not ski the trees because there wasn’t enough snow to cover or we weren’t sure what was underneath us.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Park City has always been hard to exchange into. I have skied there for years and stayed at many locations and finally wound up buying my own timeshares in Park City. If you want to ski there long term I suggest buying and give yourself a guaranteed vacation. I would check Redweek for resales. Both Marriotts are really good. There's plenty of Westgates for sale. You can also check out Park Station, Park Plaza and Park Regency. An advantage of an owner is you can purchase bonus time to extend your stay beyond the 7 days.