• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone get Bonvoy Elite Night credit for an II Exchange or II Getaway?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, all! I am hoping to make Bonvoy Platinum elite by the end of the year. However, it looks like I will not have enough nights to qualify. I had a couple of stays at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando in 2019 that I am not sure count for Elite or not. One week was a Getaway, plus there were a couple of exchange weeks via II to the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

Has anyone been able to get Elite night credit for a Sheraton II Getaway or exchange? Are we supposed to get credit for those stays?

Also, I did have two weeks of ownership stays at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, in addition to the Getaway and the exchanges. However, I mistakenly put those under my husband's Bonvoy account numbers. So, they have been credit to my husband's Bonvoy account, not to my account. Any chance I could get Bonvoy to move those 14 Elite night credits from my husband's account to my account?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Yes you get credit for elite nights in II exchanges. Just make sure you give them your Bonvoy number at check in.

I don’t believe Marriott can change Bonvoy loyalty accounts after check out.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Sometimes you get credit, sometimes you do not despite making sure the number is in when you check in. After about 2 weeks of fighting I gave up. When you stay in Marriott for a home week, exchange or getaway your chances are pretty good 85-90% without fighting and 95% + with a call or two. Not so with Sheraton weeks in 2019. My guess is 50% or less without any trouble when you made sure your number was in at check in. It might go up 10% for every 3 calls or emails trying to resolve the situation.

You would be much better off if you could make an exchange/getaway into a Marriott vacation club property.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I have no problem getting convoy points at Sheraton westin resorts. also 20,000 points for doing the updates!

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always gotten Bonvoy elite night credits for exchanges and getaways into a Marriott property. I always make sure I give them my Bonvoy number at check in and double check when I check out. I haven't stayed at a Sheraton since Marriott took over so I can't comment on that. I just made Titanium with my 76th nights.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! I did give my Bonvoy number when I checked in, but I never got my Elite night credits. I had quite a long stay, too. If I am entitled to the nights, it would definitely be worth calling and making a nuisance of myself -- maybe they will eventually get it straightened out.

I often go to Orlando last-minute. I can pretty much always get into a Sheraton because I have Sheraton/Westin trade priority, but I don't have Marriott trade priority. If I don't make Platinum this year, I will see about planning further ahead, and trying to do some Marriott stays in 2020. Thanks for the suggestion, Tschwa2!

And Bernie, congrats on being Titanium!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a long thread about this in the Marriott forum here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/about-marriott-bonvoy-and-credits-for-nights.295971/

It seems like nightly credit has been hit or miss. I just went into my account and saw I was credited for nights at Kierland and WPROV this year. The rest of my Bonvoy credits have been in Marriotts through owned, exchanged, Getaways, or purchased nightly stays. It's very frustrating when you have to jump through hoops to get the nightly credit posted to your account!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Do you get double nights for different reservations? Two rooms under two different reservations through getaways? A two bedroom lockoff and a separate one bedroom? Would that get me 14 nights?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you get double nights for different reservations? Two rooms under two different reservations through getaways? A two bedroom lockoff and a separate one bedroom? Would that get me 14 nights?
Not if they overlap and you put them both under the same bonvoy number.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Another points option: activities. just got this email.

[https://ci4][https://ci3]EARN MARRIOTT BONVOY POINTS WHEN BOOKING ACTIVITIESWherever you are, wherever you're going, you're now connected to the world's largest selection of inspiring activities, powered by PlacePass – all with seamless booking and 24/7 customer support.

Explore over 250,000 activities, adventures and curated experiences in destinations around the globe. Through our new partnership with PlacePass, it's easy to find your perfect way to play, on vacation or at home.

As an Owner, you'll be able to choose from the best local adventures and entertainment events to enriching historical excursions and skip-the-line tickets at major monuments. And what’s more, you’ll earn Marriott Bonvoy points every time you book.BROWSE AND BOOK TODAY[https://ci5][https://ci4][https://ci5][https://ci6][https://ci5][https://ci3][https://ci5]You have received this message as part of your vacation ownership. Please do not reply directly to this system-generated email. Opt out of future offers or update your online communication preferences. Contact Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. or at 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, FL 32819.

2019 Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc. ("Vistana") and Marriott International, Inc. ("Marriott"). All Rights Reserved. Vistana, its logo, Vistana Signature Network, VSN and StarOptions are the trademarks of Vistana or its affiliates. Marriott Bonvoy, Sheraton, Westin and their logos are the trademarks of Marriott or its affiliates and are used by Vistana, an authorized partner of the Marriott Bonvoy program, under license from a subsidiary of Marriott. Vistana and the programs and products it provides are not owned, developed or sold by Marriott or its affiliates. Vistana is solely responsible for its advertising, marketing, privacy and data collection practices.

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | 6070 | 20A | 19-308-547909

[https://ci5]

[https://ci6]

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask -- if I'm going to try to get my Elite night credits, whom do I speak to? Do I just fill out the online form on my Bonvoy account (that sounds pretty hopeless) or is there someone I can call?

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask -- if I'm going to try to get my Elite night credits, whom do I speak to? Do I just fill out the online form on my Bonvoy account (that sounds pretty hopeless) or is there someone I can call?
the form on line is the way to do it. if you upload a copy of your bill then you should get it. sometimes they say on no it was made by a third party but then just reply to their email and eventually you will get it i made titanium this year from my timeshare and getaway stays

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
the form on line is the way to do it. if you upload a copy of your bill then you should get it. sometimes they say on no it was made by a third party but then just reply to their email and eventually you will get it i made titanium this year from my timeshare and getaway stays
Thank you!

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
II Getaways are considered bulk rates and under Bonvoy's T&C's not technically a qualifying rate for elite night credits. You are entitled to the welcome bonus and points for spending during your stay, regardless.

That being said, my experience is at MVC properties when using a getaway is if I give my Bonvoy number at check-in and make sure it is still there at check out, I get elite night credits automatically 100% of the time. I've had a couple of times where my Bonvoy number dropped out of my reservation during my stay for no good reason so the confirmation at check out part is extra important.

I have not done a getaway at a VSE property since they merged SPG into MR (Bonnvoy) so can't speak to that.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I've always received Elite night credit for exchanges and stays using accommodation certificates. Interestingly, I've checked in a day-or-2 late in some cases and checked out a day-or-2 early in others, and I've received credit for the full 7 nights in each instance.

I stayed at WKORV the last week of September 2019 on an exchange and received credit. I also received the full credit when I used ACs to stay at Marriott TS (latest was in 2017).

The only time I didn't get credit for a stay was for an Encore package since it is considered a bulk rate, similar to what @kozykritter stated about Getaways. I've never purchased a Getaway so I can't comment from personal experience; although I know people who have received full credit for those stays.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
II Getaways are considered bulk rates and under Bonvoy's T&C's not technically a qualifying rate for elite night credits. You are entitled to the welcome bonus and points for spending during your stay, regardless.
From my understanding, the resorts don't see a getaway as any different than an exchange reservation. We have always received elite nights on Marriott II Getaway weeks. The main problem is that there is no consistency in how they apply the policy. Often times people get night credit on getaways and exchanges and other times they don't. If you don't, it is hard to fight to get the night credit. Some are successful and others are not. They don't apply the policy uniformly.