• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone done business with eBay seller resortsalesgroup

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got all 8 closings done and in my name.

Waiting on the 9th which is sitting at Worldmark as we speak.

It does take time but you get a great value. Had similar experience with most eBay sellers that I bought from.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
My sale finally went through but it took over 5 months for a deal that should have been done in under 2. They close it themselves so your money is at risk if they don't perform. What timeshare did you buy from them?
I bought Sheraton Broadway Plantation. It's not even 4 weeks yet, but I see the deed was recorded 2 days after I paid them. I called Vistana today and they do not have a copy of the deed yet. I will call RSG later this week to check on the status of when they plan to send the deed to Vistana and to ask them to notify me when they do.
Does the deed get mailed to me from Vistana or RSG?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I bought Sheraton Broadway Plantation. It's not even 4 weeks yet, but I see the deed was recorded 2 days after I paid them. I called Vistana today and they do not have a copy of the deed yet. I will call RSG later this week to check on the status of when they plan to send the deed to Vistana and to ask them to notify me when they do.
Does the deed get mailed to me from Vistana or RSG?
The deed *should* be mailed to you by RSG.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been working with them since Feb this year on 3 transactions and the last response was in June saying they will get back to me in 2 weeks for progress.... :bawl:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed a Barony Beach Club summer week with biennial usage sold today by resortsalesgroup at a pretty low price. I hope the buyer knows what he's getting into.

BostonKingB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE! Looking for a good trader to purchase.
I have been working with them since Feb this year on 3 transactions and the last response was in June saying they will get back to me in 2 weeks for progress.... :bawl:

I was almost in this same boat, I won an eBay auction in early August for a biennial 2BR at Marriott Grand Chateau in Vegas (only like $700) but there were just too many red flags for me to push forward. It wasn't even about the money, it was the clear indication that they wouldn't give updates or communicate, plus the prior fraud and court issues on another part of the company. Still haven't seen anything anywhere as close to as good of a deal.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not heard anything from them since so I can conclude that this company is a fake.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, you might want to do a title search on the county clerk's website to be sure that they haven't transferred the deed into your name. They've been know to do that and not tell you or send it to the resort for transfer.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I have not heard anything from them since so I can conclude that this company is a fake.

I would definitely advise to do what the above poster said and to check the county clerk's website as I bought a timeshare thru them and after 2 days my name was on the deed and I wasn't notified, the entire process took 2 months and I agree with the lack of comminication, but they did answer my emails with 2-3 days. I am hearing that those who started the process during covid had a much harder time. I started my sale in September and received my deed via email in November. Good Luck and I hope it works out for you.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
@TamaraQT hows your transaction going?
SLOW!!! I called The Colonies again yesterday. They gave me the name of the person handling my transaction and requested a folllowup email. I hope to have an update by Friday. We will see.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I don't know where to check deed records for The Colonies in Williamsburg.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know where to check deed records for The Colonies in Williamsburg.
Looks like deeds in Williamsburg are recorded by the Clerk of the Circuit Court for James City. Unfortunately deed recordings aren't available online.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Looks like deeds in Williamsburg are recorded by the Clerk of the Circuit Court for James City. Unfortunately deed recordings aren't available online.
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find it. Immediately I figured I was either looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong. Thanks.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, you might want to do a title search on the county clerk's website to be sure that they haven't transferred the deed into your name. They've been know to do that and not tell you or send it to the resort for transfer.

I got a email from Briana this week out of nowhere asking about new ID because the old one was expired. She said the deeds were recorded under my name and just need ID to start the transfer. I was not convinced at first but after a bit research I found the deeds and it was done last Aug!! Basically they only got the deeds out of seller's name but never initiate the transfer (both are Hyatt). Somehow they decided to resume the transfer after another 6 months. Briana told me the transfer should take 30-45 days. I am worry the 2021 usage is at risk (most likely from CUP to LCUP). Hopefully to get account access soon to know the damage. So resort transfer group is not fake, but definitely hard to work with, and it is going to take a looooooooooooooong time (over 1 year for me and still counting). Will keep you guys posted.

Timeline
2/11/2020 docs signed/paid
8/21/2020 deed recorded but no transfer, no notification
2/26/2021 ask for a new ID for transfer
?/??/2021

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I got a email from Briana this week out of nowhere asking about new ID because the old one was expired. She said the deeds were recorded under my name and just need ID to start the transfer. I was not convinced at first but after a bit research I found the deeds and it was done last Aug!! Basically they only got the deeds out of seller's name but never initiate the transfer (both are Hyatt). Somehow they decided to resume the transfer after another 6 months. Briana told me the transfer should take 30-45 days. I am worry the 2021 usage is at risk (most likely from CUP to LCUP). Hopefully to get account access soon to know the damage. So resort transfer group is not fake, but definitely hard to work with, and it is going to take a looooooooooooooong time (over 1 year for me and still counting). Will keep you guys posted.

Timeline
2/11/2020 docs signed/paid
8/21/2020 deed recorded but no transfer, no notification
2/26/2021 ask for a new ID for transfer
?/??/2021
From what I’ve heard, they are a 1 on a scale of 1-10 to work with. Sure they aren’t scam artists but they may as well be. I’ve heard stories of getting deeds recorded but never transferring the ownership with the resorts or them sending cease and desist letters to TUG members when you speak about their work. I have first hand experience of a few lies and misleading auctions along with failed promises. The headaches working with these people are not worth it IMO. Deals can be had with other reputable resellers.

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the reason they never sent the deeds to be transferred is that you have to pay a fee to get it transferred. The fee can vary from $25 to over $500 for each week being transferred. Does anyone know what Hyatt charges to transfer ownership? It's ridiculous to record the deed in August and not send the deed in to be transferred for 6 months. That's not sloppy, that's crooked IMHO.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the reason they never sent the deeds to be transferred is that you have to pay a fee to get it transferred. The fee can vary from $25 to over $500 for each week being transferred. Does anyone know what Hyatt charges to transfer ownership? It's ridiculous to record the deed in August and not send the deed in to be transferred for 6 months. That's not sloppy, that's crooked IMHO.
Hyatt transfer fee is $650.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
They did a decent job time wise for me.

Paid and deed info sent Nov 2, 2020 and interval was recorded and sent to resort Dec 18, 2020.

This was for a Marriott unit.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score

The closing cost is included for my purchase. I had discussion with echino (Hyatt expert) about this, and one possible reason is they just had the deed recorded without obtaining ROFR waiver from Hyatt (and not paying $650 transfer fee). Without that, the transfer cant be done and the previous owner is still responsible for the MF, even though the deed is in my name. That could explain why they suddenly become so eager to make transfer. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
My Marriott purchase from them went through without any issues. It took three months. They responded to my update emails, which usually took a day or two.

Calba205

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista x 2
I also purchased from them off eBay February 2020 and it took almost 14 months to resolve. The first unit fell through for some reason and they offered me a replacement to choose from in their portfolio, then with respect to the replacement unit, the seller used the 2020 and 2021 usage (after estoppels and as/after the deed change) and then tried to stick me with the MF for the 2021 week that they used which was supposed to be mine. In the end, Resort Transfer Group did right by me. When I informed them that their sellers used my 2021 week and stuck me with the MF’s, they contacted Marriott and paid for it with their own credit card. We literally wrapped this up just two weeks ago. I was certainly concerned and frustrated at times but in the end it all worked out. If not for the pandemic, I may have been upset about losing the 2020 and 2021 usage but since I didn’t have to pay for it, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. During the last couple of months, Brianna was my contact person there and she was lovely to deal with.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also closed all 9 purchases with them. Took some time during pandemic but all went well.

One account came with past due MF and they called and paid for it same day I asked them to do so.

Would buy from them any time.