• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

anyone confirmed for MBY, MGO, MOW?

LawrenzoY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two requests for MBY, or MGO or MOW for next July using my MGV 2 bd and AC. It has been a month and I haven’t confirmed yet. I am wondering if anyone confirmed with II, exchanging for these resorts next July? Or I will appreciate your forecast based on your experience.

Thanks,

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
July for those three resorts is a tough trade. If you are using a great week in Platinum season at MGV for your trade, have patience. You'll probably have success. Otherwise, you'll have to keep your fingers crossed....

JBRES1

TUG Member
Reaction score
MGO in July

I have had a request in with II for about 45 days now and still no luck. I am using an Ocean Pointe July 4 th week 2009 for the trade.
I have requested the last week of July/ first week of August , and am waiting just like you are.

Don't plan on your AC getting you a July week on HHI . You may get en exchange with an AC on short notice, but not 10 months out.

As for the MGV week, about 5 years ago I used an MGV platinum to get into Baronny Beach in July.

Good luck, Jim

jazzeaw

Reaction score
I have had my MGV platinum 3 bedroom in as a request 1st for MOW since April and nothing, and I selected a big range too - June, July and Aug so I am really surprised. It seems to be weird this year. I have never had a problem training my MGV

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
got two weeks for MGO

I exchanged my two June gold MGO for two platinum weeks and confirmed for starting Aug 15 to Aug 29 but those are not as popular as July weeks.

sprinklerman

TUG Member
Reaction score
depositing ocean watch

I will be depositing our MOW soon as I can figure out where we want to go and how the system works we have week 34. ocean view

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my exchange into MOW for last week of June, 2009. I used my platinum 2008 Manor Club week for the exchange. I placed the request with II somewhere around November, 2007. We enjoy going in June right after the kids get out of school, that way we can do a second trip beginning of August.

Good Luck,
Jean

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are any of you acquainted with MarriottTrades.com ? This is where Marriott owners trade amongst themselves. I hope I have the name correct.

CAROLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited my HHI surfwatch July 4th, 2009 week the day I made the reservation with Marriott (July 3, 2009) and immediately requested a June or early July week at MOW. It took about a month, but I did receive confirmation for the same July 4th week at MOW.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be depositing our MOW soon as I can figure out where we want to go and how the system works we have week 34. ocean view

Provided you already have an Interval International account, you should call them and deposit your week now if you are sure that your are not going to use it. The longer you wait, the more trading power you lose.

Are any of you acquainted with MarriottTrades.com ? This is where Marriott owners trade amongst themselves. I hope I have the name correct.

www.ownertrades.com

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried ownertrades once and nothing came from it. I send out several emails to other owner about doing a direct exchange and they either didn't respond back or we couldn't work it out. I have had better success with exchanges going through II.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score

Cathy, I think you mean http://www.ownertrades.com/ I tried the website you suggested and found nothing. Ownertrades is a good place to find a direct exchange - it's worked for me. I didn't do it this year because people don't give up their Hawaii weeks (or so it seems) there unless it's for another island. I did get Newport Coast that way.

kbreth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confirmed for Ocean Watch

I had put in my 1st request for Ocean watch Summer 2009 using my Waiohai week of Sept 8, 2008 deposit on July 3 through II. Then put my Barony Beach week of Feb 28 2009 on July 16. It was confirmed on Aug 31 and we decided to use the Barony week and leave the Waiohai week in for the request since it should have more pull on the trading power. So now I'm waiting for a second week with II for Ocean Watch OR we will use up our points with RCI and go up to the outer banks for 5 days then to DC for 4th of July :)