• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody watching America's Got Talent?

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, finale tonight. Nuttin' But Stringz is getting six votes and Neal E Boyd is getting four. I would definitely pay to see Nuttin' but NEB makes me cry!!

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I hope it is Nuttin' but Stringz. I'd go to see them in a hot minute.

Fern

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
NEB did make me cry. He was fantastic. Nuttin but Stringz is great. the other contestants were so talanted too. I had taped it, and I made my husband come and listen to NEB. Can you believe someone with that voice is not singing professionally. How about Queen Emily. As good as any recording star and stage presence too.
My husband hadn't seen any of the other shows. He thought Neal and the other guy had fantastic voices. He loves violin music but didn't like NBS for some reason.
I only watched this show because I was recuperating from surgery this summer and couldn't do anything. I am glad I did, although I did turn it off sometimes this summer with the crazy acts.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The wife put in 10 votes for NEB, all the while raving about how good NBS is and how she'd pay to see them. Go figure :shrug:

Personally, I refuse to pick among Nuttin, Neil E Boyd, and Donald Braswell. I think they all deserve the title.

-Bob

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The top talent on the show this year was some of the best I've ever seen. My take on where they will be in a year's time?

I think Nuttin' but Stringz will have either a full blown show of their own or be an opening act for somebody in a full time venue.

I think Donald Braswell will go back to Broadway/London/Musical Theater. Suits him well. I could see him doing Phantom.

I think somebody will sign Queen Emily and she'll do well. I think she's more concert than fixed show for some reason (remember, these are just *my* opinions).

I think the piano player guy will end up being picked up by Carnival Corp. to run a piano bar on one of their cruise ships. He'd be perfect for it.

That brings us down to Neil E. Boyd. No doubt he can really sing. He doesn't always have the savvy/knowledge to pick what's best for him. He's got his emotions very close to the surface all the time. I honestly don't know what his future should hold. Maybe an good producer/manager can help him with an appropriate album and concert schedule.

As you can see, I tend to agree with Piers here (isn't that scary?). I think Nuttin but Stringz is definitely the one to beat. They are multi-talented, could easily mount a show, and have plenty of (original material). They are also unique, which none of the other acts are. People are looking for something different, and I think they are it.

We'll know next week.

Fern

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Duttons.

I thought it was a shame when The Duttons got gonged off the show last season.

Their stage show in Branson MO was top-notch when we saw it last year.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I did not vote, for raw talent, Neal all the way. I hope he gets channeled into a professional career. Funtime

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the Dutton family was gonged off the show. How far did they make it?

When is the show on again, WED evening?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I think Strings would be best for Vegas as they put on a good show with dancing gals, etc. Looks like a Vegas show already.

My fav is Eli ... the piano singer. I think he could be the new Neil Diamond once he gets into singing his own stuff.

Opera singers are a dime a dozen these days it seems.

Queen is great too ... needs some refinement but is off on a new career.

Brian

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was really torn - I split my votes between NEB and Queen Emily. Didn't like
Braswell for a Vegas show, didn't like him period, Nuttin' but Stringz is a great act and the piano player just sounded like a take off for Elton John.
I liked the young woman who was voted off (can't remember her name) when they kept the piano player, she sang well and looked good. NEB is a little emotional but you can really see what the whole thing means to him, his voice is excellent and he can sing other types of songs, not just opera.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern, you said Donald Braswell should go back to Broadway. Was he on Broadway before?

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Donald Braswell was on Broadway, but I know he sang Musical Theater-type productions both in this country and in London. He then lost his voice after a bicycle accident and was unable to sing for some time. That's what makes his story so interesting.

Fern

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have some questions

I didn't watht he show fromt he beginning and I have some questions.

Are the performers amateurs or professionals (who want to gt farther along int heir career) or both?
How about the back up performers on stage. Who supplies them, the show or the performer? Who decides about the back up. did NBS plan the people with umbrellas coming down and doing routines? Why do some people have back ups and others don't?

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The people on the show are frequently already performers. Terry Fator was, for example, although he wasn't "a star." Nathan Burton, a magician who was featured in a big way on season one has an afternoon show in Vegas (and it is good). Leonid the Magnificent from the past two seasons, who made David H. so uncomfortable, performed in Beacher's Madhouse in Vegas. There was a black guy, don't remember his name, a tall, good looking one from Vegas this year (he sang contemporary music) who is actually a Chippendale's Dancer here. Donald Braswell is already a singer, or was. The Duttons from last year were already a performing family. Yet others are not performers, but do it as a hobby.

As for the staging, dancers, etc., it is much more elaborate this year than in past years. I find a lot of it a distraction actually, especially when there is a shimmering backdrop. I think the show provides it, in their (mistaken, IMHO) belief that "more is better."

This year they also have a live audience for every show, and allow them to hoot and holler out of control. I don't like that aspect at all. That might have something to do with my age, I don't know. Their demographics may have told them that the younger audiences like this...

Fern

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
The acts that are left deserve to be there. Dh says NBS will win because this is about sustaining a Vegas act. I love Neil Boyds opera and also love Donald Braswell and can see him on Broadway. Queen Emily can bellow out a tune with style. Eli is a cross between Billy Joel and Elton John and is very humble.

I love them all but NBS is the Vegas act. I wish we could find out what happens to the top 5 a year later.

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will see the winner!!

I will be in Vegas Oct. 17 and get to see whom ever wins. As soon as they advertised the tickets and the date, I knew I was going to be there, so bought. It will be a hard one to pick the winner. They all are very good and talented.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
i didn't see all the shows, and I only saw NBS in the top twenty on. I felt they had too much background in the finals, I wanted to see their talant. this is just my opinion, but I was disappointed because I was looking forward to hearing them.

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very happy!!

Can you believe it!! I don't want to spoil it. You HAVE to watch it!:cheer: :cheer:

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
RATS...I FORGOT TO WATCH!!!:zzz: yep fell asleep in the chair and missed the entire thing. Guess I have to wait to see who won???? OH TELL ME.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I don't want to spoil the ending in case you can watch it online.

Wow! It did not go as I expected it to. Talent vs Vegas Show is the tough line to follow since IMHO they were all very good. I thought in the past the runner ups were given contracts on the show.

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
As talented as the winner is, I thought it was the least "Vegas-friendly" act. But when the public votes, you never known what will happen.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was very surprised at the outcome, to say the least. Any of the top five could have won, rightly so. But neither of my choices for top two were in the top two.

Oh, well. It actually isn't about a Las Vegas show this year. Last year Terry Fator was offered a contract to be one of the acts in Jubilee; he turned it down and took the bookings at Las Vegas Hilton (which are during the time Manilow isn't there). It was a good move for him, because it led to his upcoming contract at the Mirage.

But back to this year. Besides the money, the winner will headline the America's Got Talent road show, which begins with a show in Vegas at the MGM Grand Arena. There is no "Vegas Contract" this year.

Fern

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
DOES anyone know if there is a rerun of this? I still haven't seen it.

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased NEB won - he is really talented - although I admit he's not what you'd typically associate with a Vegas show. Maybe Queen Emily would have been better for that, either way, I'm sure someone will snap up the rest of the Fab Five acts and send them on their way to stardom.