• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody In Kauai this week? How is the weather?

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are in Kauai this week how has the weather been?
Is it crowded this time of year?

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
If you are in Kauai this week how has the weather been?
Is it crowded this time of year?

I am currently on Oahu but the trade winds are very heavy this week on all the islands. It shouldn’t be too busy this week. Next week and the week after should be busy.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
We are on Kauai this week and last. Temps around 80-81 each day, very windy this week. Last week we stayed in Princeville and did not have much rain until the end of the week. This week we are at Kauai Beach Villas and it’s just rained off and on every day, sometimes for just a few minutes. No real rain outs. We have not been here before to compare crowds, but doesn’t seem to be too crazy.

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha. Been at Poipu since 12/1. Oahu the week before. Rain, wind, big waves and lots of sun. All very normal this time of year. Strong weather due in Friday and this weekend. Crowds always go down after Thanksgiving but are starting to ramp up to this weekend and next week. Headed home Friday. One of our favorite times of the year to visit!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha. Been at Poipu since 12/1. Oahu the week before. Rain, wind, big waves and lots of sun. All very normal this time of year. Strong weather due in Friday and this weekend. Crowds always go down after Thanksgiving but are starting to ramp up to this weekend and next week. Headed home Friday. One of our favorite times of the year to visit!

We used to spend this time of year in Hawaii, but now we go in January. I miss seeing Santa in his shorts! We do love the whales tho' and we will see a lot more in January & February. No matter when you visit, Hawaii is absolutely wonderful!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Very high winds on Kauai today, gusts up to 65mph.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice. I haven't been when you could see the whales yet.
We used to spend this time of year in Hawaii, but now we go in January. I miss seeing Santa in his shorts! We do love the whales tho' and we will see a lot more in January & February. No matter when you visit, Hawaii is absolutely wonderful!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Duplicate post.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Duplicate post.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where is the best place to see whales on Kauai?

We took a Captain Andy’s boat tour and saw quite a few. But we have also seen them from the Kapa’a lookout north of town and from the lighthouse.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We took a Captain Andy’s boat tour and saw quite a few. But we have also seen them from the Kapa’a lookout north of town and from the lighthouse.
Great. My family is staying at Waipouli -- so hopefully can see from there.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great. My family is staying at Waipouli -- so hopefully can see from there.

Yes, you should see some from there. We would often see them from our lanai at the Pono Kai.

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha.

Just back home last night from 4 weeks in Hawaii! Retirement is good.
We saw a couple of whale poof and rolls from our 14th floor villa at Marriott's KoOlina Thanksgiving week. Granted, that is early, but they were there. The last 3 weeks have been at Marriott's Waiohai at Poipu Beach. We were seeing "poofs" frequently from both beach level (Honu Bar) and our 2nd floor lanai. Saw poofs and rolls several times. Did not see any breaches. I heard others that saw them over off Nawiliwili.
It's still early. Another month or so. I was told there were good sightings from the shore at the Kukiulua little harbor.
Have done boat trip over the years out of Port Allen. Always good fun.

There is a huge dolphin population off Oahu west side. They always make it fun.

Years ago we specifically went to Maui in February (very crowded), booked an ocean front room at the "old" section of Marriott's Maui Ocean Villas (the former hotel/resort), our lanai was so, so close to the water's edge. Mama whales and baby's were right up close and personal barely off the beach. Also did a whale boat tour out of Lahaina, amazing! Males were breaching to outdo the next guy!

So, January, February and March are the best months to see the whales, most in the area before turning around. Our favorite time is the slower time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Whales are just arriving and a challenge looking for them.
But any time in Hawaii is good!
Aloha

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
For those staying on the south side, a good place to watch whales is the Makahuena Point Light Beacon between the Point at Poipu and the Makahuena condos. Just follow the Great Wall of Makahuena down to the beacon. It's also a great place to watch sunsets. You might even see a green flash.

makahuena_estates_aerial4_8x12-1200x800.jpg