• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody here get the Custom House on e-bay?

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's a good resale price. I got mine cheaper (but was willing to pay up to $8k), many paid more, most owners are starting out selling by asking in the $19k range.

This resort always gets a high-quality bonus week (or two) when you deposit, and it will trade for anything in the Interval system.

Downside is that annual fees are about $700.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So do you think that price will pass ROFR? I guess it will if yours was less. Great deal, seems like!

rmendo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true that it's not deeded for life?

norm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I placed a bid but the auction went higher than my maximum. The maintenance fees are pretty high which is why I was conservative with my bid.

Norm

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I've heard that it trades very well with II but the Mant Fees are high foe a one bed room.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
It is not deeded for life because it is a historic building.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Some people on this BBS get ticked at people for pointing out open auctions. They think it is "Running Up the Bid".

pwrshift said:
I didn't know about it but would have gladly paid more for it. Too bad someone didn't mention it on this forum before it closed.

Brian

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
pwrshift said:
I didn't know about it but would have gladly paid more for it. Too bad someone didn't mention it on this forum before it closed.

Brian, You can create an ongoing search on eBay for Marriott timeshare listings to whatever level of specificity you desire, e.g., all timeshare listings with "Marriott" or "[specific resorts]" in title or title plus description. When new listings appear eBay will notify you via email.

chris5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amy said:
Brian, You can create an ongoing search on eBay for Marriott timeshare listings to whatever level of specificity you desire, e.g., all timeshare listings with "Marriott" or "[specific resorts]" in title or title plus description. When new listings appear eBay will notify you via email.

Amy,

Can you break-down the steps to create an on-going search on Ebay. Thx.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
chris5 said:
Amy,

Can you break-down the steps to create an on-going search on Ebay. Thx.

You must have an eBay account to do this in the first place so if you do not, create one.
  1. Make sure you are logged in.
  2. Click on "Advanced Search" from any page -- it is a small link next to the Search box.
  3. On the "Advanced Search" page enter your search in the "Enter key word or item number" search box. (This page explains how particular search commands work, e.g., if you use quotes you will search for words in that exact order.)
  4. In the "In this category" box select "Real Estate" if you are interested in timeshare sales (because all timeshare sales are listed or supposed to be listed under that category).
  5. Check the option under the search box that says "search title and description" if you want to make sure you cover ads where the owner only put something like "Fabulous Maui Five Star Timeshare" for a Marriott Maui listing.
  6. Click on the "Search" button to start the search.
  7. On the search results page look toward the right side of the page above the list of results for a clickable link called "Add to Favorite Searches." This will bring you to the Add to My Favorite Searches options page.
  8. Under "Save Options" check "Create a new search".
  9. In the "Search Name" box give it whatever name you want
  10. Make sure the "Email me daily . . . " option on the bottom is checked, and set the duration of this ongoing search and email -- from 7 days minimum to 12 months maximum.
  11. Click on the "Save Search" botton.
Then you're done! I have lots of saved searches, especially for out-of-print books.

chris5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Amy

I will use this feature. Thanks again.