• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody heard of eBay Seller BenjaminTimeshares?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
It's there. Under the description it says "questions and answers about this item" and "ask a question."

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I bought a timeshare from him on Aug. 25th, and haven't received the recorded deed yet...

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a data point, I received the Deed document to sign and send back on October 20 (was on vacation so only doing it now). It looks like they are using LT Transfers for closing.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, Denise, BenjaminTimeshares use LT Transfers for your transaction?

I bought a timeshare from him on Aug. 25th, and haven't received the recorded deed yet...

If yes, that gives me some level of comfort in knowing that they are handling the closing.

As a data point, I received the Deed document to sign and send back on October 20 (was on vacation so only doing it now). It looks like they are using LT Transfers for closing.

Thank you for that info.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - I just found out that they use LT Transfers for closing. LT Transfers belongs to TUG, and a lot of Tuggers use them and recommend them.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Deed has been recorded

The deed on my purchase has just been recorded.

From purchase to deed recording it took about 3.5 months (July 15 - Oct 31 deed recording date)

Not to bad and everything seems to have gone fine. I now need to figure out the next step (which includes becomming a paying member of TUG)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Recorded with the county, or with resort management? Two different steps.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recorded with the county, or with resort management? Two different steps.

Recorded with the state. The deed is now in the Hawaii land conveyance records (public records) with my name on it. I would think that is the more essential of the two, but I could be wrong. Please advise?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Until the resort receives the recorded deed, and records it in their records, you don't have access to it - what resort is it?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until the resort receives the recorded deed, and records it in their records, you don't have access to it - what resort is it?

HGVC bay club at waikoloa. 1BR EOY Odd. Purchase price + Closing = $0

Not having access is easily rectified. Deed is the more essential of the two for me since getting it on their books probably won't take more than a phone call. Especially since I would be calling to get my bill for the 2015 MF with a desire to pay them (you would be amazed at how quick things get done when you are wanting to pay a bill) :banana:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe, but most resorts won't talk to you until they have the new deed.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but most resorts won't talk to you until they have the new deed.

Well, I just got a scanned copy of the deed so things are looking even more up :)

:banana:

I saved a fortune on a quality resort in a quality system all thanks to TUG :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Curious - did you call Hilton, and what did they say?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious - did you call Hilton, and what did they say?

I plan on calling later this week. Have a ton of things going on right now and probably won't be able to call until thursday or friday.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a deal with them that closed a couple weeks ago. Were a little slow with communication at one point, but honestly I was not pushing them at all, so I don't really have beef there. They were polite and everything closed within the timeline that they had initially put out there. I would readily purchase from them again.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: I just found out that the previous owner DEPOSITED the 2015 week from the timeshare I just bought from Benjamin Timeshares. Not happy… :mad:

Yes - it was advertised as first usage in 2015...

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with benjamintimeshares, but through a different broker.

Update: I just found out that the previous owner DEPOSITED the 2015 week from the timeshare I just bought from Benjamin Timeshares. Not happy… :mad:

Yes - it was advertised as first usage in 2015...

At the beginning of the year, I responded to a TUG ad by a broker that listed a timeshare with 2014 use. I ended up buying a second timeshare from this same broker because the closing company, who I had worked with many times previously, told her that I was interested in VA Beach timeshares. This timeshare was also to have use of the 2014 week. I reimbursed the mfs for both. They were two very, very bad buying experiences. Just like your transaction, after several months and only weeks away from the check-in of one of them, I found out that the owners of these two timeshares had deposited the weeks with exchange companies. Being refunded the mfs was not acceptable to me. I wanted the usage. Fortunately for me, the closing company and my long-term relationship with her, got me want I needed. The one that was only weeks away from check-in got straightened out after much effort on hers and my part. The other one eventually got deeded back to the original owner because of many snafus (one being the deposited usage) that I experienced during the closing process. The broker didn't want to follow through with what was in the Contract. Fortunately, the closing company personally took care of things for me, as a favor, and settled up later with the broker.

I am concerned about all this since I just bought a timeshare through benjamintimeshares and am anticipating the use of the 2015 week.

What about the estoppel, Denise? I felt pretty confident when I read that they utilized LT Transfers. I don't want to go through anything remotely like what I did with the other broker earlier in the year. The anticipated usage, as listed, is a biggie for me when purchasing a timeshare. What I'm willing to pay for a timeshare is a factor of when I get first use.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There was no mention of the deposit on the estoppel. This is actually the 2nd time this has happened to me at the same Wyndham resort. The other time the estoppel failed to mention that the unit was in foreclosure! :doh:

I am confident that I can get this resolved to my satisfaction, but not happy about the hassle…

They can either take the deed back, or reimburse me for the 2015 MF, or come up with an equivalent deed from their inventory.

One issue (I suspect) is that although KBV is now part of Wyndham, they are still managed as a mini-system from the Pahio office on Kauai, and I am not sure that the right hand always knows what the left hand is doing.

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you. May your hassels be minimal.

There was no mention of the deposit on the estoppel. This is actually the 2nd time this has happened to me at the same Wyndham resort. The other time the estoppel failed to mention that the unit was in foreclosure! :doh:

I am confident that I can get this resolved to my satisfaction, but not happy about the hassle…

They can either take the deed back, or reimburse me for the 2015 MF, or come up with an equivalent deed from their inventory.

One issue (I suspect) is that although KBV is now part of Wyndham, they are still managed as a mini-system from the Pahio office on Kauai, and I am not sure that the right hand always knows what the left hand is doing.

Hassels can be so draining and frustrating.

Jah17

Reaction score

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I've never dealt with this eBay seller but I can tell you that I don't trust TS sellers on eBay who use the "private auction" listings. The only reason to use a private auction is to hide something. Is he shill bidding on his auctions? No way at all to tell what's going on.

He also does not state what forms of payment he accepts. If he doesn't take credit cards you could end up with no recourse if things go bad.

His feedback as a seller doesn't identify what he's sold so we don't know what the heck he's been selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-000-000-W...=Timeshares&hash=item4178a84636#ht_1351wt_917

To me, the bidding sequence looks really fishy. Maybe there's a benign explanation, but the jump from $2,500 to $12,000 looks really suspicious.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fact that I have used LT Transfers in the past many, many times and currently....

Just an email address. I am leary also but I will be sending my cheque to the transfer company today.

....makes me feel more confident in my purchase with these folks. The closing company, unlike many other resellers on eBay, is a separate entity with "real" escrow. Outside of that, we shall see. My escrow funds and signed contract have been received by LTT. We are now awaiting the signed documents by the actual owner of this timeshare.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me, the bidding sequence looks really fishy. Maybe there's a benign explanation, but the jump from $2,500 to $12,000 looks really suspicious.

Yes, I agree. And on top of it all the bidders identity is hidden....:mad:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I won my auction with them, I had pre-bid several hundred dollars, but won with a bid under $50. And then, they voluntarily waived it, so I got it for completely free.