• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody getting calls from II to renew?

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
A year ahead of time? Our subscription doesn't expire until December and we've been getting calls to renew one year out. What do you think of that? Is this normal?

dougef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Grande Vista
A year ahead of time? Our subscription doesn't expire until December and we've been getting calls to renew one year out. What do you think of that? Is this normal?
Yes it is normal and I find it quite annoying. Some of the reps that call are pretty rude as well.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a call like that a few years ago, but didn't have the money to pay for 5 years. I wish I had been able to do it as they haven't called me since. They offered us a year free. Debby

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one a few months ago and I ALREADY had a five year renewal - I think we're good till something like 2011 !

The person said that my membership was due to expire soon, so I said "oh really? When? Would you please look it up?" She said yes, and a few seconds later hung up on me :eek:

I immediately sent a complaint in via email about their people being ill-informed AND this particular one being rude, and later got a voice mail from someone in customer relations wanting to follow up on my complaint. We played phone tag for awhile, but we never connected :shrug:

tlwmkw

Reaction score
We got a hang up too...

They said you need to renew soon and I replied that I have a membership for the next three years, then they just hung up without even saying anything in response. Very weird. This sounds like an odd company. I thought it was a fluke with me but now it sounds like others are experiencing this. Do you think someone got a list of their membership and is now trolling for credit card numbers or other information? It sounds a little odd that they don't know how long our current membership is- they should have that easily available in their computers. I got this call just a week or two ago.

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of companies are using this tactic. About 2 months into my 1-year Sports Illustrated subscription I started getting renewal notices. I have since received about 10 of them. Most have said "last chance" or "renew now to insure uninturrputed delivery" I enjoy the magazine, but can't stomach the way they try to get me to renew.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They said you need to renew soon and I replied that I have a membership for the next three years, then they just hung up without even saying anything in response. Very weird. This sounds like an odd company. I thought it was a fluke with me but now it sounds like others are experiencing this. Do you think someone got a list of their membership and is now trolling for credit card numbers or other information? It sounds a little odd that they don't know how long our current membership is- they should have that easily available in their computers. I got this call just a week or two ago.

Hmmm....an interesting thought, that it might be some kind of scam. :confused: I'll start playing phone tag again with II customer service to check if the original call was even legit!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh, my naive mind never thought of this - that it could be a scam! Glad I started this thread!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The thing is with II is that you can't deposit a week that is for dates beyond your membership expiration. You also can't place requests beyond that date. So even if you don't expire untile December you won't be able to deposit any 2010 weeks or make requests for 2010. So it is probably in your best interest to renew now and now would be the ideal time for them to contact you.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I joined II last year when we purchased our weeks. Marriott paid the II fee for our first year. We have not yet renewed, but plan on doing so when we expire in Feb. The only contact they have made with us concerning renewal is through the mail. No e-mails or phone calls. I would proceed with caution with the folks who are calling you. It could be a scam. If you want to renew, you can always go to the web site and do it. That would be the safest, IMHO.

Cheers!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks

The thing is with II is that you can't deposit a week that is for dates beyond your membership expiration. You also can't place requests beyond that date. So even if you don't expire untile December you won't be able to deposit any 2010 weeks or make requests for 2010. So it is probably in your best interest to renew now and now would be the ideal time for them to contact you.

Thanks Dioxide, I never thought of that. Don't ya love TUG? :)