• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any ways to make money with unused points?

tinatravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! As the title says, I am looking for any recommendations on how to possibly make money with my unused points. My parents invested a lot into Wyndham timeshares under the impression that it would save them money in the long term while allowing us to go on family vacations yearly. We don't regret the choices we made and have thoroughly enjoyed all our vacations, but there is this lingering question of "can we do something to at least offset the maintenance fees?" I would appreciate any suggestions! I am also fairly new to all of this but I want to learn, so any other advice is welcome, and thank you in advance!

Here is some background about our current situation (not sure what info will be helpful):
-Contract year: 2019
-Contract type: Outrigger Resort Club by Wyndham
-Contract details: UDI
-Points owned: 231,000
-Home resort: Club Wyndham at Waikiki Beach
-Additional programs: RCI, Outrigger resort club by wyndham, pluspartners
-The wyndham sales rep also talked about Trading Places International (TPI)Premier Access as a way to make some money back with our points, but I have not found the information to confirm that here (Also not sure if this is something that expires after a year)

Thanks again,

Tina

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Yes its possible to rent for enough to cover your maintenance fees. Because of COVID so many owners are carrying points over to 2021 and 2022 and looking to rent because they're concerned about being able to use all their points for themselves this year and next year. There is a tremendous amount of competition in the rental market at this time. Some of the owners renting have lower maintenance fees than you do and some are VIP owners who get a discount on the number of points needed for a reservation and a free upgrade of the unit size.

Take a look here on TUG in the Last Minute Rentals forum and also in the Marketplace ads. Look on eBay under the various Wyndham resorts. There are hundreds of rentals on eBay alone. When you're looking on eBay look at the completed listings to see what sold and for how much. Look on Redweek. Look on Extra Holidays.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
the title says, I am looking for any recommendations on how to possibly make money with my unused points.
With only 231K and a family taking vacations, it might be possible with planning to make sure you don’t have any leftover points. For me, the best use of points has been taking vacations, either with direct bookings of exchanges via RCI.