• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers on the Royal Caribbean cruise Ship

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Besides weather experts saying the sailing was a mistake in the article below, several news outlets reported today that the NTSB will be investigating why RCCL chose to sail into the storm.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...BlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories
"Such comments on Tuesday prompted well-known TV*weather forecaster Al Roker to*rebuke the line on air."

Tells you all you need to know. Opinions from a teleprompter reader as "evidence".

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just be careful of zika... all the islands are now confirmed to have it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
You will be bitten anyway.

Unless you wear a head to toe portable mosquito net.

We all were on St John.

Right. Taking bug spray! We'll be in the Western Caribbean.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
In case you haven't read the link in my earlier post (#49) by by Brett Michael Dykes, and if you're interested in a passenger's experience during the storm, I encourage you to read his account of the cruise.

The part of the story that stood out for me was the Anthem of the Seas listing about 45 degrees for an extended period of time. To quote from Brett's account:
"There were two things that happened during the storm that made me begin to believe that my life was in jeopardy. The first involved a tilt of the ship that came so hard and so fast that I was completely knocked off my bed and onto the floor. It gave me some insight into how extreme the winds and seas we’d encountered were at the time. For a colossal ship like the Anthem of the Seas to get jerked around like that, well, it said something.

To be continued

The second was when the Anthem of the Seas remained in a tilted, roughly 45-degree position (this is known as “listing”) for a lengthy stretch of time (estimates vary; it seemed like an hour to me, but it was probably really 20 or 25 minutes). I’m no nautical expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m knowledgeable enough about ships to know that any sea vessel listing for an extended period of time is a ship that is in potential danger, especially a top-heavy ship like the Anthem of the Seas. All that weight — tons upon tons — hanging at an incline runs the risk of capsizing a ship because of the duress placed on it by its own heft, which means it could then potentially sink...."

Wow, I didn't realize it was so close to capsing. That must have been a terrifying experience.

Richard

Last edited:

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
In case you haven't read the link in my earlier post (#49) by by Brett Michael Dykes, and if you're interested in a passenger's experience during the storm, I encourage you to read his account of the cruise.

The part of the story that stood out for me was the Anthem of the Seas listing about 45 degrees for an extended period of time. To quote from Brett's account:
"There were two things that happened during the storm that made me begin to believe that my life was in jeopardy. The first involved a tilt of the ship that came so hard and so fast that I was completely knocked off my bed and onto the floor. It gave me some insight into how extreme the winds and seas we’d encountered were at the time. For a colossal ship like the Anthem of the Seas to get jerked around like that, well, it said something.

To be continued

The second was when the Anthem of the Seas remained in a tilted, roughly 45-degree position (this is known as “listing”) for a lengthy stretch of time (estimates vary; it seemed like an hour to me, but it was probably really 20 or 25 minutes). I’m no nautical expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m knowledgeable enough about ships to know that any sea vessel listing for an extended period of time is a ship that is in potential danger, especially a top-heavy ship like the Anthem of the Seas. All that weight — tons upon tons — hanging at an incline runs the risk of capsizing a ship because of the duress placed on it by its own heft, which means it could then potentially sink...."

Wow, I didn't realize it was so close to capsing. That must have been a terrifying experience.

Richard
The list was likely caused by the winds. It was more like 20deg (there are photos).
BTW the ship is built to survive a 45 deg list but at that angle there would have been many severe injuries instead there were only four people hurt, all minor.
The ship had to turn to keep facing the wind and ride it out. Someone posted a pic of the cabin TV showing 7.5knots forward speed but 135knots wind across the deck!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To all who were on aboard this cruise ship. Personally, I am happy everyone are home and safe.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Zika

You will be bitten anyway.

Unless you wear a head to toe portable mosquito net.

We all were on St John.

That wouldn't be fun! However, mosquitos don't usually bite me. Born and raised in Florida and my friends and I would run out and play in the spray behind the mosquito spray truck. Followed it for blocks! Didn't know any better back then. For some reason, I seem to be immune. ;) I don't get welts or itch if I do get bit.
Worried for my daughter and granddaughter though.