• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers contracted Coronavirus? [MERGED]

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The video I am posting here was made 3/20/2020 and presented by Dr. Dave Price of Weil Cornell Medical Center in NYC. I found it to be very helpful. I encourage all of you to view the video. It is approximately an hour long. It is the best hour that I have had since DW and I have been isolating ourselves since 3/9/2020.

when I click on watch video it does play. If it does not work for you, could someone explain to me how to post it on here. I know my daughter posted it on FB and it worked.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread - skimmed through it

CPNY - speedy recovery
& Anyone else who has it/or thinks they have it.

I know of two people I used to work with. Briefly spoke/texted one.

My dil said 4 people on her floor at work (hospital) have it. Hoping she stays safe and all the first responders, healthcare workers, grocery stores, etc. etc.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have had bronchitis and similar symptoms for five full weeks. Last week the vertigo started. I have problems with an unhealed inner ear infection. The doctor prescribed meclizine, but today I have too much vertigo to go get it. I was trying to wait til Monday to perhaps avoid crowds but will have to go today

Have the pharmacy deliver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I ordered a Choice med oxygen device last night and a new blood pressure device as ours quit working 2 weeks ago.. I won’t get them til April 25 but happy and thankful to tuggers who mentioned of the oxygen device. I thought it was a great idea, since we are better staying home if we get sick unless out symptoms get bad. These devices will help us make that decision. We are both healthy now but where my husband works they had a person test positive for coronavirus.

Walmart had some of the pulse oximeter devices in stock for delivery this week (not all, you need to look at each item page to see if it can be delivered and when, I found some at about the 10th item on the list). You may want to check that out instead.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Have the pharmacy deliver!

If they can/will. I've read some cases where the delivery is set up, then never made. In one case a TUGGER, I think it was @Panina posted that the way her mother was finally able to get medication was that the pharmacist delivered it herself. These are trying times.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
One of our friends, a woman in her late 50's, was sent to a nursing home for rehab on an injury. The nursing home came down with a few cases of Covid 19 and she just tested positive today.

One of my older relatives had a heart attack and went to the ER. She is 84. After a week at the hospital she ended up assigned to a nursing home. I don't know how the hospital and nursing homes decide where a patient goes but the nursing home has 16 cases of Covid 19 today. She can go home now but she just left her condo of 40 years to a retirement condo. She was at the retirement condo on her third day when she had the heart attack. The retirement condo said she has to be self isolated for 14 days before she can come back. So as of today she is stuck at the nursing home with the Corvid 19 outbreak.

I guess the point is be sure to inquire as to the status of any medical or rehab facility before you go. If you have a choice why choose a Covid infected facility.

Bill

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
decongestant can help reduce fluid and inflammation which might help vertigo.

CPNY-how are you today?
I’m doing ok today thank you! . Tried to lay low a bit. I still cough and have shortness of breath. I feel like it’s less but I can’t really tell anymore. I’m just sort of getting used to it at this point. Chest tightness is there but very mild and has improved a lot from the beginning of the week which is good. I think I’m going to try to get another chest X-ray this week and see if there is improvement in the inflammation.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sore throat stayed most of the day, low grade headache and nasal drip but chest is clear. No other symptoms. It responded well to OTC Flu meds, I take the CVS brand for people with HBP. Decongestant, cough suppression and acetaminophen. Wife had me drinking gallons of water, OJ mixed with ginger ale.

Feel better today, just hard not to think the worst case with everything going on. I did get the flu and pneumonia shots back in Nov so I think that helped fight off whatever bug this is.

Hope you feel better soon too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I completely get it. I had the opposite effect. My symptoms started at the end of Feb that I couldn’t figure out what was wrong, why everything was all at once and why I wasn’t knocked out from it. If I had the week I had during the last week or Feb this week, I prob wouldn’t have freaked out because I would
Have known what it was. So, i don’t blame you for thinking worst case scenario. I’m glad to hear you responded to the OTC meds. Wish you a speedy recovery !

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The video I am posting here was made 3/20/2020 and presented by Dr. Dave Price of Weil Cornell Medical Center in NYC. I found it to be very helpful. I encourage all of you to view the video. It is approximately an hour long. It is the best hour that I have had since DW and I have been isolating ourselves since 3/9/2020.

when I click on watch video it does play. If it does not work for you, could someone explain to me how to post it on here. I know my daughter posted it on FB and it worked.
Good video, thanks. I passed it on to my daughter as I feel it's hopeful. She is torn about separating from her family. This doctor barely touched on it, but he did mention his wife and kids are on the farm with parents. Many health care professionals are isolating from their families :-(

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The symptoms can vary so much that I think a lot of people won't know that they've had it. I saw a recovered news reporter say that when she had it, she had 2 symptoms: Headache and low back pain. She tested positive and those were her only symptoms.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The symptoms can vary so much that I think a lot of people won't know that they've had it. I saw a recovered news reporter say that when she had it, she had 2 symptoms: Headache and low back pain. She tested positive and those were her only symptoms.

Which makes me wonder if there are different strains of this virus.

Dave

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

It’s unfortunate yet fascinating at the same time. To think, one transmission to one person and spread from there. I hope this is vastly under control and the measures we are taking to social distance and isolation are working. Well, some states are doing it better than others. I pray for all. Stay safe Ken

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure my DH has it.

He came down with a high fever and started having a dry cough he describes as weird. Fever lasted 36 hours, was very tired, Tylenol was enough to help it stay down. Days two and three he napped and drank broth, coughed quite a bit. Day four still coughed, ate two large bowls of soup and drank gallons (not exaggerating) of water and napped, and actually made some jokes, which tells me he is feeling more normal.

Today is day five and he is looking much better, but still feeling tired, and coughing but he says the cough is not as bad. He ate a good lunch.

He’s been quarantined to 2 rooms since it started. I’m hoping to let him out by the end of the week. ;) Waiting for the coughing to subside.

And, I am self quarantined, thankful for Instacart, and hoping I don’t get it....

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My Aunt just tested positive and was admitted to hospital. She lives in The Netherlands. She is in her 80s.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We, including extended family, are still fine so far. But a friend just sent me an email letting me know her father had just passed away two weeks after being diagnosed. He is elderly and had health issues. And another friend let me know that her father in law, who had been diagnosed, is on a respirator and things do not look good for him. He also had other health issues.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
My dd is under the belief that it's not "if" we get it, it's "when".
This is the other side of the "flattening the curve" that the media does not hype. This is a novel virus, so no human immune system has reacted to it before. Covid-19 is more contagious than the average flu, so about the same number of people become infected with social distancing in place, it just occurs over a longer time frame so that the health care system is less overwhelmed at any given point during the extended infection curve. Social distancing will not "kill off" the virus, as too many people seem to believe.

Summer in the northern hemisphere may, mercifully, provide a reprieve, or not -- no one knows. If it does, Covid-19 may return in the fall, more potent or less -- no one knows. Or in a half-dozen or more mutations, as other posts mention.

If there is a high percentage of asymptomatic cases with Covid-19, then "herd immunity" may have a greater effect than social distancing in "turning down the infection curve" in the short term, and more effect than a vaccine a year or more from now. This is the point that Dr. Birx made, repeatedly, in today's briefing. Without serological testing for antibodies, no one knows the percentage of asymptomatics. So all the "models" are just guesses.

At this point in time, no one in my family even knows anyone who has the symptoms of the flu or Covid-19.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 23 year old told me she's been coughing for a couple days and it keeps getting worse. Five days prior, she went to the grocery store. She hadn't left her apartment for at least 10 days before that. She lives alone and has asthma. I wanted to bring her over here, but she won't come because she's afraid I'll get sick. I brought her some provisions last night (she tried really hard to stop me from coming). I left it outside her door and texted her when I was back in the car. I wanted to take her to get a test, but she said there's no way she'll get in a car with me and she doesn't want to go out anywhere, thinking she will spread it around. It's a dry cough in her lungs - no fever as of last night. She said it feels nothing like asthma or any cold or flu she's ever had.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
My heart goes out to everyone who is experiencing symptoms, been diagnosed, has a loved one with symptoms or the virus and all of us who have no idea if we have Covid-19 due to being asymptomatic but are filled without anxious dread.

DH found one N-95 mask in our basement. The other in the 2-pack was used for when he was weed-killing our lawn last year. Unfortunately the expensive masks he purchased for our trip to China in '14, were discarded after our trip. I wore the N-95 to our grocery today and he wore a sleep mask upside down over his mouth and nose. When we got home, we both stripped our clothes and put them in the washer. While I showered, he wiped down all items we'd bought and then he took his shower.

My last trip to buy groceries was Saturday and I only followed the sanitize/ hand wash precautions. Haven't come within 6 feet of anyone but DH for the last couple weeks. But it seems that more drastic measures are needed and so we decided to take them. Bandanas, ski gaitors, etc. are better than nothing IMHO. And drinking hot liquids is also a recommendation.

Since China, South Korea & Japan are faring much better against Covid-19 than the western world, I wonder if those countries' consistent use of masks and frequent tea drinking is contributing to that.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
So far my wife and I are doing fine, but are nervous one of us will come down with it. I am the one doing all the shopping and trips out as she is immune suppressed. Actually we both got super sick in January with a respiratory illness, she ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I am sort of hopping that might have been Covid, but really no way of knowing. That would have been very early for it, but not entirely impossible.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
So far my wife and I are doing fine, but are nervous one of us will come down with it. I am the one doing all the shopping and trips out as she is immune suppressed. Actually we both got super sick in January with a respiratory illness, she ended up in the hospital for 4 days. I am sort of hopping that might have been Covid, but really no way of knowing. That would have been very early for it, but not entirely impossible.

There was something going around the US early in the year. But my understanding is that it was not COVID-19. But until they develop and release a test looking for anti bodies that is NO way to be absolutely sure.

I had a friend who was very sick in very early February. I was with him in the car, as we ride-share. That night he had the worst fever and body ache he has ever had in his life. He responded well to Tamiflu and quickly got better with prescription. Thankfully, I did NOT come down with anything, and that was 7 weeks ago already. My guess is just odd flu variant this year.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
There was something going around the US early in the year. But my understanding is that it was not COVID-19. But until they develop and release a test looking for anti bodies that is NO way to be absolutely sure.

I had a friend who was very sick in very early February. I was with him in the car, as we ride-share. That night he had the worst fever and body ache he has ever had in his life. He responded well to Tamiflu and quickly got better with prescription. Thankfully, I did NOT come down with anything, and that was 7 weeks ago already. My guess is just odd flu variant this year.
I was very ill the end of December. Doctor said it was viral, when I finally went in. I had the dry cough, fatigue, aches, but no fever. I told dh I thought maybe I'd had COVID-19 and he said he didn't think so. I was around a lot of people and no one else got sick.