• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers contracted Coronavirus? [MERGED]

voyager1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My doctor recommends pedialyte
They are not easy to find, but Pedialyte Freezer Pops are excellent. When my husband was terminal (and unable to handle fluids) they kept him from getting dehydrated.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
@CPNY In my Telehealth visit today with my PCP just to explore what we can do with COVID-19 if we suspect we have it, he said to get pulse oximeter. I just ordered one on expedited shipping, paid as much for shipping as the pulse oximeter. He said it should be above 92 saturation. If labored breathing and below 85 head to ER. Do you know what is your oxygen saturation level?

Brand recommendation?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
@CPNY did you call your doctor about the shortness of breath? It's what you really, really, need to watch for. I would expect them to send you to the hospital at that point.

And yes, good advice (for all) to get a pulse oximeter.

@Beachclubmum, sorry to hear about your DS. My sister (a nurse in CT, just over the NY line) was tested yesterday, home self-isolating. They said 5 days for her test results. At her hospital, there's a limited number of short turn-around tests. They used to prioritize employees first, but now it's patients first (thus hers was sent out).

Take care all, keep as safe as you can. Pretty sure we're going to start wearing masks when we go to the grocery store.

P.S. Yesterday, I read about two different 80-something yo's that recovered, it was nice to hear good news on that front.

Last edited:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
As with the flu every year, most people who have the virus never know as they have mild symptoms and don't get tested.

WHO said a month ago that up to 75% will get the virus but only 5% will need hospitalization. So most tuggers will have it and never know. This is the reason everyone needs to self-isolate and distance.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brand recommendation?
I do not know. CVS is out of stock on all of them. Walmart has several, so I just picked one. My doctor said if you haven't gotten one, good luck in getting it because people are now buying them and it is hard to find availability.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
@CPNY did you call your doctor about the shortness of breath? It's what you really, really, need to watch for. I would expect them to send you to the hospital at that point.

And yes, good advice (for all) to get a pulse oximeter.

@Beachclubmum, sorry to hear about your DS. My sister (a nurse in CT, just over the NY line) was tested yesterday, home self-isolating. They said 5 days for her test results. At her hospital, there's a limited number of short turn-around tests. They used to prioritize employees first, but now it's patients first (thus hers was sent out).

Take care all, keep as safe as you can. Pretty sure we're going to start wearing masks when we go to the grocery store.

P.S. Yesterday, I read about two different 80-something yo's that recovered, it was nice to hear good news on that front.
I was sent for a chest x ray. Both physicians at two separate clinics both diagnosed covid based on this past month and current symptoms. Chest X ray showed inflammation from the virus. They couldn’t get me hydro chloroquine but started me on inhalers and zithromax. They didn’t want me in the ER because a confirmed case wouldn’t change treatment which is isolate and rest. I’m only to go it if gets worse. So far it hasn’t gotten much worse. The chest pain and tightness has decreased but shortness of breath is around still. I suspect it will take a while to go away.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brand recommendation?
Is this the same as little thing that clips onto finger to take pulse? I was having a heart issue awhile back and used it to track my pulse. Seems I remember it also gave a % oxygen reading and I wondered how it could do that from my fingertip.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this the same as little thing that clips onto finger to take pulse? I was having a heart issue awhile back and used it to track my pulse. Seems I remember it also gave a % oxygen reading and I wondered how it could do that from my fingertip.
Yes. Our doctor's clinic does it for every visit.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
One more real person with Covid 19. The whole thing is a tragic story. Our 92 YO friend flew from Southern California to Seattle for our 40th anniversary on February 29. My husband considers her to be his second mother. Unfortunately she arrived without her medications. Her doctors answering service didn't think a prescription was an emergency to notify the doctor. As a result of not having her medicine she had a heart attack.

She has been in a convalescent center in Washington after her hospital stay. Despite not allowing any visitors since she arrived, they have had a Covid 19 outbreak and she has tested positive. So far she is doing okay but she is the epitome of the vulnerable elderly and I don't think the end result is going to be good.

She was moved to the hospital Wednesday night with pneumonia and put on a respirator/ventilator. No real news since then (obviously no visitors) which I guess is good news.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I do not know. CVS is out of stock on all of them. Walmart has several, so I just picked one. My doctor said if you haven't gotten one, good luck in getting it because people are now buying them and it is hard to find availability.

The reason I asked re:brand was that last night after reading your post I checked Amazon and there seemed to be a dozen plus choices. I'll start reading about Panina's Choicemed, but based on your comment about availability I expect to find only descriptions and no availability when I do my research.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The reason I asked re:brand was that last night after reading your post I checked Amazon and there seemed to be a dozen plus choices. I'll start reading about Panina's Choicemed, but based on your comment about availability I expect to find only descriptions and no availability when I do my research.

I have this one, which works well:

Zacurate 500BL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Batteries and Lanyard Included (Navy Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2FFQB9/

Not currently in stock, but I suspect any would be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I drove the 2 1/2 hours to where my son lives and dropped off a bag of supplies at his door, including a pulse oximeter purchased a month ago. He checked and was at 96% sat so that sounds really good.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is a Pulse Oximetry

Pulse oximetry is a noninvasive and painless test that measures your oxygen saturation level, or the oxygen levels in your blood. It can rapidly detect even small changes in how efficiently oxygen is being carried to the extremities furthest from the heart, including the legs and the arms.

The purpose of pulse oximetry is to check how well your heart is pumping oxygen through your body.

It may be used to monitor the health of individuals with any type of condition that can affect blood oxygen levels, especially while they’re in the hospital.

Source:
www. healthline .com

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I awoke this morning with a nasal drip, burning in back of my throat, and cough. No fever yet, breathing fine. Called urgent care, told to stay isolated and call back if symptoms worsen.

403 cases in the county as of today, 85 reported today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I awoke this morning with a nasal drip, burning in back of my throat, and cough. No fever yet, breathing fine. Called urgent care, told to stay isolated and call back if symptoms worsen.

Good luck, Dave. Hope it's something else. Keep us posted.

Dave

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Did the sore throat go away mid day? If so it could just be post nasal drip, cough may be chest congestion too. You don’t need to present with a fever. Any feelings of pink eye or redness around the eyes? Diarrhea or nausea? Rest and stay hydrated. Take a lot of vitamin C if you can.

stay well!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Did the sore throat go away mid day? If so it could just be post nasal drip, cough may be chest congestion too. You don’t need to present with a fever. Any feelings of pink eye or redness around the eyes? Diarrhea or nausea? Rest and stay hydrated. Take a lot of vitamin C if you can.

stay well!

Sore throat stayed most of the day, low grade headache and nasal drip but chest is clear. No other symptoms. It responded well to OTC Flu meds, I take the CVS brand for people with HBP. Decongestant, cough suppression and acetaminophen. Wife had me drinking gallons of water, OJ mixed with ginger ale.

Feel better today, just hard not to think the worst case with everything going on. I did get the flu and pneumonia shots back in Nov so I think that helped fight off whatever bug this is.

Hope you feel better soon too!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sore throat stayed most of the day, low grade headache and nasal drip but chest is clear. No other symptoms. It responded well to OTC Flu meds, I take the CVS brand for people with HBP. Decongestant, cough suppression and acetaminophen. Wife had me drinking gallons of water, OJ mixed with ginger ale.

Feel better today, just hard not to think the worst case with everything going on. I did get the flu and pneumonia shots back in Nov so I think that helped fight off whatever bug this is.

Hope you feel better soon too!

I have had similar type symptoms for about 3 weeks. If I take standard cold medicine I am fine... just a standard head cold. I have to keep reassuring DH that I don't have the symptoms of Covid-19..no cough or fever... he keeps wanting me to go get tested. I have to keep reminding him...If you wouldn't go to the doctor a month ago for the symptoms, you don't need to go now.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had bronchitis and similar symptoms for five full weeks. Last week the vertigo started. I have problems with an unhealed inner ear infection. The doctor prescribed meclizine, but today I have too much vertigo to go get it. I was trying to wait til Monday to perhaps avoid crowds but will have to go today

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It's really hard because people who happen to have a cough related to other conditions. like bronchitis or the flu (like the cough I have , though my flu is completely gone) have to be so paranoid that people will think they have the Corona Virus. Coughs due to other conditions can linger for weeks.

Mine is a "30 years of smoking Lucky Strike non-filters" cough.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I have had bronchitis and similar symptoms for five full weeks. Last week the vertigo started. I have problems with an unhealed inner ear infection. The doctor prescribed meclizine, but today I have too much vertigo to go get it. I was trying to wait til Monday to perhaps avoid crowds but will have to go today
decongestant can help reduce fluid and inflammation which might help vertigo.

CPNY-how are you today?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I have had similar type symptoms for about 3 weeks. If I take standard cold medicine I am fine... just a standard head cold. I have to keep reassuring DH that I don't have the symptoms of Covid-19..no cough or fever... he keeps wanting me to go get tested. I have to keep reminding him...If you wouldn't go to the doctor a month ago for the symptoms, you don't need to go now.
My Dr. also said if no fever, unlikely C19. Dr. said no one in gen pop is being tested in northern VA hospitals unless they are planning to admit them.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Choice med oxygen device last night and a new blood pressure device as ours quit working 2 weeks ago.. I won’t get them til April 25 but happy and thankful to tuggers who mentioned of the oxygen device. I thought it was a great idea, since we are better staying home if we get sick unless out symptoms get bad. These devices will help us make that decision. We are both healthy now but where my husband works they had a person test positive for coronavirus.