• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Tuggers at Poipu 10-24 Oct?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sterling, wish we could be there! We love Kauai more than any other island, and there is a 2 bedroom at Poipu Point on II today for October 10th. :D Someone should grab it and join you.

We have to keep the economy up on Kauai, so maybe Rick and I will have to take a second trip annually, starting next year.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I started my work to become an RN in a couple years so we can still afford to fly to Paradise.

Lotsa fun competing against the 20 year old crowd for grades and winning!!!!!!!!

Working real hard on anatomy--300 muscles in the human body--hope we don't have to memorize them all or I'm in trouble.

Sterling, future RN

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sterling, I can relate to the school thing. I started college at 33, and I also liked showing up the youngsters back then. It would be even more fun now. :D

I would love to spend about six consecutive weeks on Kauai as we get older, but we would have to get our granddaughter to go with us, as I would miss her terribly! We will have other grandkids by then, too.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When we first purchased at Po'ipu (then the Embassy) I had the long-range plan (fantasy) of having family vacations there with our adult children. We've been incrementally adding on to our ownership so that we would be able to reserve two units there when the need arose.

Looks as if that fantasy might happen next August.

Enjoy Po'ipu, Sterling. We just returned several weeks ago and, as always, the night before we checked out we were already talking about our visit the next year. I'm thinking of renting a kayak for the week, then plopping it into the water in various locations and paddling around. I'm thinking of locations such as the Kalihiwai stream, the various channels that the road to Pe'e crosses, Nawilwili stream, Hanapepe stream, Waimea River.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
We passed a couple in a two "person" Kayak on the Waimea on a Fern Grotto Cruise years ago.

They must have been married cause they were arguing loudly. After we passed them the Captain started laughing and said look back

The woman was hitting the guy with the paddle.

Is yours a one or two person Kauak??:D :hysterical:

Sterling

Fisch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point at Poipu
We'll be at the Point at Poipu during the above dates:

Anyone else going to be lucky too?

Sterling

We will be there 10/03-10/11. Can't wait, one more month:D
Maybe we can meet up on the 10th if you aren't to beat from traveling.

The pool bar is always a good place to end the day.

Al

cclovestravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started my work to become an RN in a couple years so we can still afford to fly to Paradise.

Lotsa fun competing against the 20 year old crowd for grades and winning!!!!!!!!

Working real hard on anatomy--300 muscles in the human body--hope we don't have to memorize them all or I'm in trouble.

Sterling, future RN
Nursing was my second career at age 40. It took me 2 1/2 years to graduate and pass boards, but I loved it for 15 years. Now, I am on my third and last career as a business owner (what have I done!!!) In three years, when my husband retires, so do I.

That is why we have been looking (and just purchased a TS) on eBay. We can't wait to start our retirement before age 65.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Poipu 10/3-10/11, so we'll miss you. We are staying at the big Marriott for one night on 10/2 and then going to Waiohai on 10/3. Had to add an extra day so we could fly first class using miles. (Life is tough sometimes!;) )

I am an RN. The flexibility in work schedule and choice of jobs is wonderful! I started out as a floor nurse and now work part-time as a clinical nurse educator. I work two 12 hour shifts/week. I also get to choose the days I work. It is a very rewarding career for a variety of reasons. Have you started the "nursing program" yet or are you still taking pre-reqs? Just keep your eye on the goal when you get discouraged. Good luck to you.:cheer:

Aloha!

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Poipu 10/3-10/11, so we'll miss you. We are staying at the big Marriott for one night on 10/2 and then going to Waiohai on 10/3. Had to add an extra day so we could fly first class using miles. (Life is tough sometimes!;) )

I am an RN. The flexibility in work schedule and choice of jobs is wonderful! I started out as a floor nurse and now work part-time as a clinical nurse educator. I work two 12 hour shifts/week. I also get to choose the days I work. It is a very rewarding career for a variety of reasons. Have you started the "nursing program" yet or are you still taking pre-reqs? Just keep your eye on the goal when you get discouraged. Good luck to you.:cheer:

Aloha!

Still working on the pre-req's A&P, micro, plus some of the courses that are needed to graduate but not pre-req's. Closest campus is 1.1 mi from home but most of the nursing classes are 22 mi away. :eek:

I could start full time if I was willing to forgo 3 Hawaii vacations that are allready paid for. (not going to happen)

Mahalo for your encouragement.

Sterling

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Aloha,

Well be arriving on the 24th. Looking forward to relaxing at Waiohai! Hope you have a great trip!

Ann