• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Surveyors Here?

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I need to figure out the length of one side of a real estate parcel, based on it's legal description. It is not just a straight line. It has a jog from the straight line, then along the lot line, then back to the original line, and then on in the same direction.

I do not want to know the total distance around it, just the distance from the beginning to the end in the straight line. I have all the degrees, minutes and seconds.

MattC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot!

JLB,
Send me the information by email.
I'll try to figure it out for you.
I can try to do it either of 2 ways, by using surveying coordinates or by a cadd drawing.

Wait to hear from you.

MattC

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a bit remiss, but thanks Matt. I really appreicate your help. Using your measurement I arrived exactly at the next pin.

David

TUG Member
Reaction score
JLB said:
I do not want to know the total distance around it, just the distance from the beginning to the end in the straight line. I have all the degrees, minutes and seconds.

Perhpas you could post the information, so we can all have a go! Maybe call the successive points A, B, C, etc, and then specify between which points you want the distance.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you just want to exercise your brain, I don't need the information, since Matt has already figured it. And his figure figured exactly correct. That's why I was thanking him.

But, if you want to give it a shot, too, to see what you come up with, here is the legal description of one side of the property. Calculate the straight line distance from the point of beginning to the end.

From the point of beginning thence South 77 degrees 52' 19" East 20.00 feet; thence South 12 degrees 07' 41" West 108.00 feet; thence North 77 degrees 52' 19" West 35.41 feet.

David said:
Perhpas you could post the information, so we can all have a go! Maybe call the successive points A, B, C, etc, and then specify between which points you want the distance.