• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any received their STi rebate

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know several bought prepaid cell phones, including me, and wondering if anyone had gotten their rebate yet. My time should be getting close. I like the phone and service. It has saved me about $50 per month.

rich2468

TUG Member
Reaction score
STI Rebate

Just received my rebate yesterday. It was mailed about October 15, 2005.
May I add good service, great price ?

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just received a notice that they have added a .10 per day charge. Still makes it a good deal for me.

haycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being behind the times, could you please tell me what STi stands for?

Barbara

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
JeffV said:
I just received a notice that they have added a .10 per day charge. Still makes it a good deal for me.

That stinks. I haven't received such a notice and will be irritated if I do. The main reason I purchased this plan was due to the lack of monthly fees.

I haven't received the rebate yet, but I think I purchased it in November.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
haycat said:
Being behind the times, could you please tell me what STi stands for?

Barbara

STI mobile -- prepaid cell phone service

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ordered 2 phones and sent the rebate in on 10/26..we have since moved so I am hoping the rebates will be forwarded as I am expecting them in the not too distant future. What's this about a .10 per day charge??? Linda

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't received mine yet either. I'm glad you posted because I was wondering about this, too. I copied the rebate form before mailing it with delivery confirmation.

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Look at www.stimobile.com and you will see the reference to the 10 cents a day charge.
KCI said:
I ordered 2 phones and sent the rebate in on 10/26..we have since moved so I am hoping the rebates will be forwarded as I am expecting them in the not too distant future. What's this about a .10 per day charge??? Linda

cali girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear someone got their rebate. I ordered my phone Oct. 27 and sent in rebate form shortly after I received the phone. Hope mine comes soon. Thanks for posting about this.

rudymcbill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ours came today

We sent in two rebate forms the very beginning of November, and they both arrived today.
We also received the email today regarding the 10 cents per day.
At this point it's still cheaper than jumping to the family plan, and the phones and coverage are great for our area.
Thanks again for the heads up on this one!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
got the email about the 10 cents a day charge yesterday and the rebate today. Now are there any good deals for recharging the minutes?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
JeffV said:
Jeff, I recharged the minutes on line, do i need to do anything else? Do I need to call and physically do something to add the minutes to my particular phone.
Also, is there anyway to check how many minutes I have left without calling someone?

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Each time I call someone, I get a recording telling me how many dollars and minutes I have left, don't you? Maybe there is a setting for this. I have always just bought the recharge, followed the directions for calling and giving the recharge number and it shows up in my account.
rapmarks said:
Jeff, I recharged the minutes on line, do i need to do anything else? Do I need to call and physically do something to add the minutes to my particular phone.
Also, is there anyway to check how many minutes I have left without calling someone?

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Warning on recharging minutes

After my initial free $10 card for minutes, I bought a $25 one on the sti web site for additional minutes. I followed the directions and thought I had everything set. Then, we started not being able to use the phone. When I called I was told the phone service was cancelled because I didn't have any minutes on it for an extended period of time. The ONLY was they could give me those minutes was if I had the PIN number on the card. Of course, I had already thrown it out. I guess it pays to hang on to those cards, at least for awhile.

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just did some checking and found that if you go to Menu - Settings - Sounds - Alerts, you can turn it on or off. When on, it will give you the amount of $$ and time each time you use the phone. Sort of annoying but it does keep you informed. You can turn it on, then make a call and hear the balance, then turn it off again until you want to check.
I bought two phones and have been very pleased with both. I have one rebate already and expect the other shortly. I use a cell phone infrequently so this has been a real money saver.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
rapmarks said:
You need to call *555 from the cell phone, and when prompted, enter the PIN code sent to you via email when you purchased the recharge.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
dialed *555 and got the message that I was not allowed access to that nubmer, did get through to customer service though.