• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any RCI Benefits to owning Wyndham points?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok i know if you own a Wyndham points account, you get a 'free' RCI weeks account...

BUT, is there anything else?
Wyndham Priority?
Discount on exchange fees?
Discount on Extra Vacation/Last Calls?
Do the point values of RCI exchanges go down as they get close to expiration, or is it 224,000 for a 2br from the day it appears to the day it expires?

How about RCI Platinum?
Can you BE RCI Platinum with a Wyndham/RCI 'Free' Account?

When you deposit points into RCI from Wyndham, they all go in one big bucket?
How does the Expiration date work when they are all in one bucket?
Do you ever have to 'combine' deposits with an Wyndham points account?
Is it better to SpaceBank or deposit in RCI?

Just noticed a VERY low point(21,000) wyndham account for sale and was wonder if maybe it would be worth it...I'd be paying $144 a year instead of just $89, but i would also be accumulating points with that money...I'm just not sure if its worth it

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok i know if you own a Wyndham points account, you get a 'free' RCI weeks account...

Wyndham Priority? NO
Discount on exchange fees? No
Discount on Extra Vacation/Last Calls? No
Do the point values of RCI exchanges go down as they get close to expiration, or is it 224,000 for a 2br from the day it appears to the day it expires? Point values do not go down close in. The grid is fixed.

How about RCI Platinum?[/COLOR]
Can you BE RCI Platinum with a Wyndham/RCI 'Free' Account?No. Drives me nuts. I would pay the upgrade fee but it isn't possible.

When you deposit points into RCI from Wyndham, they all go in one big bucket?
How does the Expiration date work when they are all in one bucket? They are all in one bucket but they retain their own expiration dates...think of several envelopes inside your bucket.
Do you ever have to 'combine' deposits with an Wyndham points account?No.
Is it better to SpaceBank or deposit in RCI?

Just noticed a VERY low point(21,000) wyndham account for sale and was wonder if maybe it would be worth it...I'd be paying $144 a year instead of just $89, but i would also be accumulating points with that money...I'm just not sure if its worth it

Ride, I answered your questions in red above.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I can't see any benefit to owning this tiny account. You might as well pay for the regular account and upgrade it to platinum for those MF prices. Wyndham is a nice program but you'll spend those 21K points in one night at most places so why bother.

If you don't want to overcommit then consider a biennial with enough points to at least get you a week at your favorite resort every other year. Then maybe it would be worth your while although you'd still pay Wyndham an $89 fee to be in the club every year. :rolleyes: There is no free LUNCH.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't see any benefit to owning this tiny account. You might as well pay for the regular account and upgrade it to platinum for those MF prices. Wyndham is a nice program but you'll spend those 21K points in one night at most places so why bother.

If you don't want to overcommit then consider a biennial with enough points to at least get you a week at your favorite resort every other year. Then maybe it would be worth your while although you'd still pay Wyndham an $89 fee to be in the club every year. :rolleyes: There is no free LUNCH.

haha, thats exactly what i'm trying to do, get a free lunch :D With my current ownership, i'm able to get all the vacations i need, so i wouldn't buy this to vacation with, haha, it would take 10years to build up enough points to vacation with this, no reason to buy it for that...this would have just been a 'take advantage' of the Wyndham/RCI connection...

But it looks like isn't any benefit....so i'm going to pass...now if only i could find a 1,000 point Wyndham points membership!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can Not upgrade to Platimum on RCI account with account paid by Wyndham.

Have my RCI Platimum account as I have RCI Points at a nonWyndham resort.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham Priority? NO
Discount on exchange fees? NO
Discount on Extra Vacation/Last Calls? NO
Do the point values of RCI exchanges go down as they get close to expiration, or is it 224,000 for a 2br from the day it appears to the day it expires? no discounts
How about RCI Platinum? Dont Know, Dont Care
Can you BE RCI Platinum with a Wyndham/RCI 'Free' Account? Dont Know, Dont Care
When you deposit points into RCI from Wyndham, they all go in one big bucket? Yes (but with different expirations)
How does the Expiration date work when they are all in one bucket? They will take the oldest first
Do you ever have to 'combine' deposits with an Wyndham points account? I dont understand the question
Is it better to SpaceBank or deposit in RCI? Credit Pool?..I think yes

The problem with a very small account like this is that the minimum deposit to RCI is 27000 points...so to even get these points into RCI will be tricky...You will have to credit pool your points, but since you cant deposit credit pooled points you will have to make a reservation and cancel it then deposit the cancelled points....if we are counting the dollars, it will take $39 to credit pool and the deposit to RCI is a transaction and will take another $30....Seems like you are spending too much to save the $89

However if you had a use for those few points within the Wyndham system, like adding on a few nights in Williamsburg to you fixed week there...perhaps

If you didnt already own fixed weeks and have an account with RCI and if your purpose was only to get access to the Last Call reservations in RCI, Id say go for it. I would use the Wyndham points for a one or two night get away, or instead of a motel on my drive to one of my last call reservations

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score

Even if you thought it a good deal, I don't think you'd only be paying $144. The RCI membership is not free. It's paid for by the "program fee" that's on top of the MF. Program fees for 2012 are $0.51 per 1,000 points or a minimum Program Fee charge of $98.00 per year per Wyndham account, whichever is greater.

So you'd be looking at $98 PLUS whatever the underlying MF is. Let's assume $ 5/thousand MF, multiply that by 21 = $105, plus the $98 minimum program fee and you're at $203 a year. That's way different than $144.