• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any quick feedback from an oldie on sellingtimeguys

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an auction I'm interested in but pretty nervous about bidding. I appreciate any help!

Jo-Ann

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
Things to consider:

1. Is it a place you'd like to go?

2. Any limitations on when it can be used?

3. Annual use or biennial use.

4. Resort reviews.

5. Demand vs. supply.

6. Maintenance fees.

7. Seller feedback rating.

8. Closing costs.

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have answered all the questions for myself except the seller. Has anyone on TUS ever purchased from this seller - sellingtimeguys? Thanks!
Jo-Ann

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well then, if you have done all these then

7. Seller feedback rating.

you have your answer , this seller has 100% feedback on Ebay, uses a true 3rd party escrow company for closing, what else did you think you needed to know?

There are so many sellers, using so many names, that maybe somebody here bought, maybe not, but what does that matter?

If you have done the items the topcop400 spelled out, you have all the information you need.

fwiw,

Greg

El Codo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sellingtimeguys feedback

This looked like the most appropriate place to post this (rather than start a new thread).

After winning an auction from Redweeks4less only to later find out that the deed was under a court ordered seal related to law enforcement and not even available to the recorder's office, I have stepped up my due diligence prior to bidding. BTW, Redweeks4less and I went our separate ways without any of the pain some others have experienced. . . .but I digress.

My standard due diligence now is to request a copy of the deed for an auction prior to bidding.

In the case of sellingtimeguys I thought it would be an OK transaction based on info I read on the boards, nothing really bad said about them. The response I got is what I would consider the run around and evasive. To the point that I would never consider bidding with them and would encourage others to carefully consider the risk before doing so.

They may be fine and the transaction may have gone through without any issues, but it is concerning that a legitimate seller will not provide a copy of the deed prior to bidding.

See below for the e-mail threads, starting from the beginning. The intent of this isn't to thrash anyone, as I said, they may be totally fine. The intent of this is to raise awareness for others around something that gave me pause in dealing with the seller. I understand they may deal with a lot of flakes on the buying side, but I would hope for a higher standard from them given what they require as due diligence on the buyer's side.

As a point of reference, here is what the auction says regarding buyer due diligence:

BIDDER'S REQUIRED DILIGENCE

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE LISTING CAREFULLY, AT LEAST TWICE PRIOR TO BIDDING, TO MAKE SURE THE ITEM LISTED IS INDEED THE TIMESHARE YOU HAVE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT. CHECK THE USAGE, LOCATION, WEEK, UNIT, MAINTENANCE FEES & TAXES, ETC...AS WE DISCLOSE EVERYTHING AS PROVIDED AND CONFIRMED TO US BY THE RESORT OR MANAGEMENT COMPANY.

DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS THAT MAY HINDER YOUR DECISION TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE PURCHASE. YOU MAY CONTACT US THROUGH EBAY OR EMAIL US, PRIOR TO BIDDING, DIRECTLY AT BRYAN@SELLINGTIMEGUYS.COM WITH ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING THE TIMESHARE OR OWNERSHIP ASSOCIATED.

HAVE YOUR FINANCES AND POTENTIAL PAYMENT METHOD IN ORDER. THIS WILL ONLY EXPEDITE THE TOTAL TRANSFER IF ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION/MONIES ARE SUBMITTED IN A TIMELY FASHION.

PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE ALL CHILDREN OR PETS WHO MAY HAVE OPPOSABLE THUMBS AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER AS THIS MAY ENCOURAGE THEM TO PLACE A BID WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

IF YOU ARE A NEW EBAYER WITH A ZERO RATING, YOU MUST EMAIL US AS WELL TO CONFIRM YOUR BID AND INTENTION TO PURCHASE. WE WILL ALSO CONTACT YOU PRIOR TO THE AUCTION ENDING TO CONFIRM YOUR BID. IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM YOUR BID WITH US, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE BID PRIOR TO THE AUCTION ENDING.

WE ARE PLATINUM POWER SELLERS HERE ON EBAY AND HAVE BEEN A REFRESHING PRESENCE FOR YEARS. OUR FEEDBACK AND CUSTOMER SERVICE RATINGS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES (PROUDLY ONE OF THE HIGHEST OF ALL TIMESHARE SELLERS ON EBAY). WE WILL ALWAYS DO OUR DILIGENCE AND KINDLY ASK THAT YOU DO THE SAME PRIOR TO BIDDING. THE LISTING YOU ARE READING DOES COST OUR COMPANY BOTH TIME AND MONEY, SO FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN NON-PAYING BIDDER BEING FILED WITH EBAY IN ORDER TO RECOVER THESE FEES.

BY FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE REQUESTS, WE CAN GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH THE TRANSACTION, 110%!

6/3/09
Dear sellingtimeguys,

What closing company do you use?

Can I get a copy of the deed to do due dilligence?

Thanks

6/4/09
Dear XXXXX,

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we go over this on the last auction? Please contact me at our toll free number so that we may discuss your needs.

Best regards

6/4/09
Dear sellingtimeguys,

Do you have another ebay ID? If so, we may have had contact. We have never spoken and I have no record or any previous correspondance.

I tried to call. First time got a busy signal. Second time you were on the phone and I don't think anyone else could help me.

Can you refresh my memory about what we've discussed in the past? What last auction are you talking about?

Thanks

6/4/09
Hi XXXXX,

This was regarding the previous Sheraton Desert Oasis we had listed. I had scanned and attached a copy of the deed last week.

Best regards

6/4/09
Sorry, I don't have anything in my inbox. Can you re-send?

Thanks

6/5/09

I do not think we will move forward with sending anything. We have to question the motives of buyers when we are approached for information like this. If you would like to discuss and give me a valid reason for needing a copy of the recorded deed prior to bidding, please feel free to contact me. I believe our ebay feedback speaks for itself.

Best regards,

BJ