• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any plans to fly within the next month?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
40 hours is a lot of driving.
Not so much, really. Back when I made my living driving heavy trucks, we were limited to 70 hours a week. Every week. I frequently 'fudged'.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
No flying on the books for me this year, but I have a friend who works on medical equipment. He flies to/from his home in Portland OR, every week. He says the flights (usually on Alaska) are lightly loaded.

There is a major flight path directly over our home city. Pre-CV-19 the jet contrails were constant, the distant sound of airplanes part of the background noise. Now hearing a plane or seeing a contrail overhead is an occasion worth noting.

Jim

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not so much, really. Back when I made my living driving heavy trucks, we were limited to 70 hours a week. Every week. I frequently 'fudged'.
I am thankful to those who do what I consider an arduous task. I'm missing the gene that enjoys travel using any vehicle with tires. Put me on a train, please.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We start babysitting our infant granddaughter soon and committed to taking care of her for a year while her parents work, before she has to go to daycare. When we volunteered I was thinking about how I was going to be bummed because we'd be tied down without much travel for a year! Funny how things can change - don't have any desire to get on a plane right now and expect it will be a while for me.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I just got off the phone with a Delta CSR about an email I sent them.
I sent it four weeks ago, whining about not seeing a credit on the web.
She said it's taking them that long to work thru the backlog of emails.

I thanked her for fixing the issue, but I could not check on it then becuz
I was busy sauteing shrimp+scallops. She said I was making her hungry.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We have a round trip to Toronto scheduled for late July, return in August. I just checked and everything is pretty much the same, so I'll hold on to it for now. As it is, we have a big credit on United from canceled flights in April...who knows if we'll ever use that credit?
Hopefully the borders will be open for your trip. Please keep checking our Toronto news for changes or cancellations of things you may be planning on doing while visiting. Our COVID19 cases are still increasing, so we are still in the early stages of re-opening. Last week the Toronto Indy Car Race, scheduled for July 10-12th, was postponed, then yesterday cancelled altogether.

~Diane

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister flew today. I'm flying in June. Ready to go any time if there is a trip to take!

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We have not booked any flights yet. We have our home resort in St. Augustine booked for the first week in November but that will be a road trip if the borders are open. If conditions are good we may add a week or 10 days onto that trip. We hope to be able to fly to Belize for our winter south at the end of December and usually have our flights booked by now. We are holding off until we see what is happening with international travel. Belize still isn't allowing any visitors into the country, and yesterday their Prime Minister said it could be a long time as he didn't want anybody bringing the virus into the country after they did such a good job of stopping it when a visitor brought it in. Belize only had 18 cases, with 2 deaths and no new cases in the last 30 days.

~Diane

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aruba flights were cancelled by Southwest for June 13th. Re-booked Marriott Surfwatch, Hilton Head, SC for June 14th for my daughters graduation, flying Jet Blue. We will wear masks and clorox wipe everything we touch, but we are going. My husband had the Virus, so did my mother, I believe I had it. Not sure about my teens, but we will be as safe as possible.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at airport now, waiting for our flight. Thought long and hard, but I couldn’t do the drive, and my husband needs a different environment this summer

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the borders will be open for your trip. Please keep checking our Toronto news for changes or cancellations of things you may be planning on doing while visiting. Our COVID19 cases are still increasing, so we are still in the early stages of re-opening. Last week the Toronto Indy Car Race, scheduled for July 10-12th, was postponed, then yesterday cancelled altogether.

~Diane
Thank you! We really don't think we will be ready to travel in July anyway. We have a lot of theater tickets for Stratford and I doubt they will be able to have their season. One week of the vacation was just sitting by a lake... we were really looking forward to it, but now we're thinking maybe next year. I hope everyone there stays well and healthy.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thank you! We really don't think we will be ready to travel in July anyway. We have a lot of theater tickets for Stratford and I doubt they will be able to have their season. One week of the vacation was just sitting by a lake... we were really looking forward to it, but now we're thinking maybe next year. I hope everyone there stays well and healthy.
Stratford announced last month that this season has been put on hold, likely until next year. Such a shame! Here's the announcement and instructions for what to do with your tickets. https://www.stratfordfestival.ca/landingpages/Coronavirus

~Diane

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Stratford announced last month that this season has been put on hold, likely until next year. Such a shame! Here's the announcement and instructions for what to do with your tickets. https://www.stratfordfestival.ca/landingpages/Coronavirus
~Diane

My gfs and I usually head to the Shaw Festival yearly. Fingers X'd that borders will open b.c. Shaw will start their 2020 season on June 30. Gypsy is their musical this year and we would love to be able to make our annual visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. We tie the theatre in with a winery tour. Last year we discovered that the Golf Club is the perfect place for an al fresco lunch- we could see all the way to Toronto plus had a Bald Eagle do a fly by!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
How wonderful! Where in the world did you get those?

Are they Sectionals, IFR Low, IFR High?
Can I choose my favorite Bravo, or are they preprinted?

I got them from a company called Chart It All. Website is chartitall.com. They print all kinds of things with Sectionals besides masks, like ties, socks, leggings, mugs, etc.

They have four already in stock for masks but you can get any sectional you want. Just takes longer.

Cheers

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In late April, we had made a booking for late June Flights on United. Then they cancelled lots of flights and rebooked us on crazy day long excursions. So we cancelled. At least the cancellation policy is good right now..
Now we are only booking driving vacations.